Just starting this now, what am I in for?

Just starting this now, what am I in for?

a waste of 2 hours. the only people who defend this movie are those who champion schlock in general. brilliant concept, but Paul Wet Shit Anderson's middle name lives up to his products

Just fucking watch it instead of posting about it.

An incredibly entertaining, high concept movie.

Where you're going, you won't need eyes.

just rewatch alien or pitch black or something it's shit

Found the niggers

Only the master race can enjoy this movie

Grade D schlock. An interesting idea though.

Good concept, nice build-up of tension, but gets pretty generic by the end. Still, a comfy and re-watchable movie

THIS is what the DOOM movie should have been.

>Only the master race can enjoy this movie
>the movie with an annoying nigger as comic relief that has a scene where he flies through space while yelling like a retard

Interesting idea ruined by a boring, predictable ending.

The prequel to this.

>the movie with an annoying nigger as comic relief that has a scene where he flies through space while yelling like a retard
Yes, and? He's a joke.

>He's a joke.
An annoying one that takes up too much screen time.

We put him there to laugh at him

>Just starting this now
>It's a movie
What the fuck

the only people who say it's bad are redditors riding the hate bandwagon this movie has for no apparent reason

But he's not funny.

Thats not how warp travel in 40k usually goes though

That's because you're a nigger

>what am I in for
A film one par with the other great sy-fy horrors.

Alien, Pitch Black, Pandemonium,

I have some bad news for you son, only niggers find the loud obnoxious nigger characters funny.

the only people who say it's good are redditors riding the nonexistent love bandwagon for no apparent reason

I never said he was funny, just that he was there to be laughed at

The subtleties, user, come on

>reddit boogyman
The quality of Sup Forums's arguments are as fine as always.

only redditors defend reddit

I saw this movie in theaters when I was like 10, it scared the fuck outta me so bad I had to leave the theater

only redditors mention reddit

Been here since '06, don't even know how to read reddit or navigate it's UI, and I can say with confidence that Event Horizon is a tedious, boring, cheesy, and unsatisfying movie.

>I deliberately put in a shitty character so as to mock a lesser race even though it really degrades the movie as a whole
Damn Raimi.

I too am a fellow 06'er and I love this movie.

Sure m8 and I've been here since '02.

That's the truest statement one can make as a filmmaker

you need to watch the prequel The Void (2016)

>The Void

>space scifi horror with Sam Neil
Whats not to love? I especially enjoy the horror aspect of it, they do it right. Its not just a bunch of fucking jumpscares and gore, they actually created a legit scary atmosphere and an idea of hell that i wont forget.
What isnt terrifying about accidentally warping into hell and bringing hell back with you?
Ill admit the ending was kind of a letdown.

>what am I in for?
Prequel to Warhammer 40k

OP here, just finished it. Why did the woman chase after her son, when it was established that the ship was making them see things?

After, check out Disney's "The Black Hole". Very similar in many ways.

>After, check out Disney's "The Black Hole". Very similar in many ways.

Especially the ending.

cuz the movie sucks nigga. there's no good sci-fi horror outside of Alien and The Thing. pray that Garland's new movie will join their ranks

Because it's a ship possessed by space demons, no one's acting naturally

One of the few movies that portrays what would happen when exposed to a vacuum.

no it doesn't. It is laughably wrong.

Cause of death in space is always just suffocation. The gasses in your blood start to boil because of the lack of pressure but it isn't fast enough to kill you before you simply suffocate. Rapid ascent from deep water is actually a more extreme case than being in space.

You freeze, but this takes a long time because there is no convection in space (vacuum). THe only way for your body to lose heat is via radiation which is much slower.

You also won't start bleeding from your pores or anything. Your skin actually provides a great deal of tension and keeps your fluids contained.

I actually looked a lot of this shit up after seeing so many deaths in space in sci-fi and wondering what really happened.

You're in for a good time my friend.

You're in for infinite space and infinite terror. Can't you fucking read?

What would space feel like if you were to hold out your bare hand in it

Brief enough it wouldn't feel like anything. I dunno what it would feel like if it were long enough, your skin would start to feel cold. I think there would be some problems with bubbles in your blood from boiling nitrogen traveling to your brain. It may still kill you via embolism.

A criminally underrated horror masterpiece.

me and my brother watched this flick so many times back in the day

>Thats not how warp travel in 40k usually goes though
actually, per the lore of the setting it's fairly close. you do know that the "chaos" forces are technically the ships which went off course while "warping". The only thing that is incorrect is the start of it. while it is a slave powered wagon of death, the concept of them feeding the bodies of the dead slaves into "coal burner" type reactors is simply false.

Understand 40k took it's space travel inspiration from Dune