Voltron Season 2

discuss Lotor expectations

>two threads
Well, this is awkward.

Just finished episode two.

Holy fuck, that girl died. They pulled the fucking trigger on that one.

many people die season 2

Kate Beaton parodies are awesome so I deleted the one I started.

>keep reading Lotor as Lord Of The ORder
sounds like a good band name

Repostan cuz last thread got ded. Why is Black Lion's jawblade SOMETIMES purple, but other times it's blue? You think there's any actual reason behind this?

Lord Of The Other Rings here

Especially the Galra.

Need help finishing the design of my wallpaper. Suggestions?

you are required to appreciate the, uh, the I-I just don't know anymore! what even is this thing? I don't know what I'm doing with my life!

Yeah, but
still
it was kinda weird to see it carried out so matter of factly in a kids cartoon. Maybe I'm just still used to the softened cartoons of the early 00's where they couldn't even SAY die.

Four headed Bandulinug

They still can't here.

Well they definitely are going by the spirit of Golion with all that death.

Thanks, Coran.
I can always count on you.

Stars? The Black Lion is the lion of space after all.

That's not a parody, that's a rip-off. It's just a switch of a few words.

tumblr "humor" is not only unfunny, it's even disrepectful to the artists.

Expecting him to be as fun as pic related is a bit of a pipe dream. He's probably going to be more dangerous than Zarkon in some regards (manipulating people, getting up close and personal with the Paladins), but less dangerous in others (I doubt that Lotor will be capable of 1v1ing a Paladin in their Lion.)

So whats the quality that the blue lion looks for? insecurity?

>HAGGAR HOW'VE YOU BEEN? Whatever happened to that cat you always had?

Apparently Rhys Darby got to have his two kids voice Coran in those kid forms.
Cute!

We're all just setting ourselves up for disappointment. We're hyping up Lotor too much.

Coran playing airplane was the cutest.

Some people are suggesting it's the easiest to bond with and that this may play into some internal conflict with Lance in the future

Don't worry, Emperor Zarkon, I know you can't be here to protect this thread. But your faithful number two is one the case! Hope you shitposters are ready to face.... Varkon!

Allura handling teenager and kid Coran was top kek

It's just a little slut. She's the easiest to bond, so when Lance brags that him and Blue are close I'm not that impressed.

I hope they use that as a subplot for him since he has insecurity issues.

Hijacking the thread here, do I need to have seen any of the original series to get into this one? Obviously the answer is no, but will I be missing out on anything?

that picture makes me think of Taako

No, LD is it's own thing. There may be references and call backs to the original but nothing important.

A good time. She's the party lion.

No you don't need to see it. The only thing you will be missing out are the past Voltron references, and knowing about any potential future characters.

Oldfags yammered continuously for Lotor and newfags were like "wtf is Lotor?" Soon they will be asking for Romelle and Merla, and we'll see if they will be revealed.

Maybe I've forgotten, it's been a while since I watched season 1, but why were Keith and the Red Lion bonded so strongly?

keith is cute

Shota Coran was so great.

It's just Red's personality

Red is just faithful to its pilot. I think people are misjudging that as Red having some sort of special bond with Keith specifically. She could just be really fucking protective about whoever her Paladin is. Keith or otherwise.

Keith is a catmancer.
Also Red is very dere.

Keith has autism

Because she adopted him as her son

cute!

My problem with the bizarre fujo shipping I see on Sup Forums and why I hope to god none of it comes true is that this series is a remake (which itself was a lite-remake of GoLion)

Keith and Allura already end up together in the original. Changing Keith/Akira to be gay or having Allura and Shiro get together would basically be cuck'ing Keith. It just seems wrong.

How would any of you like it if Korra was remade in Japan and Korra ends up with Bolin? If Americans remade Gurren Lagann I certainly hope they wouldn't have Kamina live and have him live happily ever after with Nia. it would just be fucking wrong. Or a version of ATLA where Zuko fucks Katara in the ass or something.

It just shouldn't happen. I know they're just fictional characters and anything can be done with them, but something about taking someone elses characters that they poured their artistic talent and heart into, and then fucking them up, seems wrong. Very wrong.

Red absorbed Keith's mom

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone. Haggar was voiced by Cree Summers?!

...Actually, I shoulda guessed. I mean, it's female voicework, so there's a 50% it would be her.

>Korra ends up with Bolin
Where the fuck were you during S1, that was the underdog ship so many wanted it became a meme.

If I recall, Allura said that the Red Lion is the most demanding of the lions in regards to who pilots it; Keith apparently had to earn its trust far more than the others.

I think Lotor is going to be far more over the top daring and ruthless than Zarkon was. He may make the same mistake daddy did--by attempting a poorly thought out attempt to take on all the paladins/Voltron on by himself, or recreate the sequence from original GoLion where he breaks into the castle and tries to kidnap Allura-- but I feel like he will survive with fewer injuries.

From there he escalate things by A) reasoning that if the Paladins are all from earth, taking the fight THERE is going to really fuck with them, or B) blow through alot of Zarkon and Hagar's resources all at once during singular battles: having Hagar churn out multiple Robeasts at once to bum rush Voltron with, that sort of thing.

..Or both.

is that because Bolin was a weight guy, and the weighty guys on here wanted to self-project onto him?

I'm a nostalgiafag too, user. I also feel the same way. I won't throw a tantrum over it not happening, but I know in my heart I will be so disappointed. I really liked Keith x Allura when I was a kid. And to see that VLD is the only Voltron that won't follow the tradition is, well, disheartening. This is assuming it doesn't happen of course.

Cree Summers is just like Tara Strong and Kathie Soucie. They are so distinguishable that it's very rare to not guess them correctly.

>reasoning that if the Paladins are all from earth, taking the fight THERE is going to really fuck with them
Oh shit. I never thought about that, honestly.

She's the mom of the group, maternal and easy to bond with

The better question is why Hunk called his lion a boy. I always thought black would be a boy if any one of them absolutely had to be, black even has a triangle outlining it's chest/framing hits head.

Because he got cucked by his own bro hardly a few episodes in and then the two broke up season later.

>How would any of you like it if Korra was remade in Japan and Korra ends up with Bolin? If Americans remade Gurren Lagann I certainly hope they wouldn't have Kamina live and have him live happily ever after with Nia. it would just be fucking wrong. Or a version of ATLA where Zuko fucks Katara in the ass or something.

You see, the problem with your argument is that your examples are all awesome.

Oh, I see what you did there.

Honestly, as long as Lotor is very pretty and a general shitlord, I won't be disappointed. I'm a simple person with simple needs.

Yellow really has the closest thing to a mane with the heavy back armor around the neck. It's okay for two of them to be considered male and the other three female. It's not like only ONE has to be male, and it's not like they ALL have to be female either.

Kallura is pretty much a lock, bro. Let the fujos have their fanfic fun.

Yeah it'd be like if americans redid transformers headmasters and made Chromedome gay married to Rewind---oh wait

>why Hunk called his lion a boy. I always thought black would be a boy
who cares? they refer to them as they want and iirc only Hunk and Pidge refer to them as anything

>How would any of you like it if Korra was remade in Japan and Korra ends up with Bolin?
I wouldn't mind

>Or a version of ATLA where Zuko fucks Katara in the ass or something.
Some of the ATLA writers wanted Zutara and it was actually a very real possibility even into Book 3

>How would any of you like it if Korra was remade in Japan and Korra ends up with Bolin?
I would fucking rejoice because that was my OG ship when season 1 was airing

Though I agree with your post in general, I hope they get together because I enjoy animation "traditions" kept up between reboots

kind of like the googlehead tradition in digimon

Yeah, I think Lance and Keith just refer to them as simply "Red" and "Blue." I forgot if Shiro refers to Black as anything but "The Black Lion."

well calling it "black" would sound a bit more awkward than the other colors

>discuss Lotor expectations

There was a thing a few threads ago about Lotor getting on Granny Haggar's nerves and I really wish a drawfag had been around at the time.

People are in denial and harassing Kallura shippers over it, bro.

Considering how much trouble LD's Voltron has with even a single Robeast, Lotor's rushing them might be too much

Unless Keith unlocks the Black Lion's hidden powers, because "LOL Successor Plot Armor"

I miss Shiro

Does stuff like Shiro surviving, Zarkon not being useless, and Pidge being a girl bug you too or is it only shipping?

>Keith and Allura already end up together in the original. Changing Keith/Akira to be gay or having Allura and Shiro get together would basically be cuck'ing Keith
How its a different show with a different Keith, I don't imparticularly care who gets shipped by the show so long as it has a decent flow to it.

Also in the OG Golion, Keith didn't end up with Allura that was mostly an amarican thing.

Also if handled well I'd love to see more strange remakes were all those examples came to pass.

How the fuck was the pool supposed to work?

It's hilarious to me that something like that is enough to make you go "holy fuck." American cartoons are so tame.

They were pulling that shit with Sheith shippers too. Just block and move on.

>Shiro doesn't come back
>Shiro was actually the Kamina of the series
>Keith stays as leader until the finale

How hurt will you be in Season 3 when ghost Shiro bids farewell?

>not the party cat

Golion had hints, but nothing came about it. Voltron amped it up.

Honestly I'm still hoping that somehow Keith is Lotor.

Shiro might die though

We never got to see his face when he got blasted by that dark quintessence and he was the only one without a facial view.

There's always secret brother Sincline. Half-brother Sincline upsets me because I want Lotor to be half Altean.

i'm pretty certain that idea has been killed

Ive never seen the original GoLion, Ive just played SRW W and it seemed basically confirmed that Akira and Fala end up together at the end

Well, Allura was only 16 in GoLion while Keith was in his 20s

This post: wah wah wah my otp is the purest and truest, I don't know why people would ship anything else when my ship is clearly superior, these ships that break my otp are just ~wrong~ and I don't wiiike them abloobloobloo

You sound exactly as obnoxious and entitled as every tumblr brat, holy shit.

There's still the Sincline theory.

They said that last season too.

Very upset.
Because he never got to fuck Romelle.

how am I supposed to be offended when you have me saying "abloobloobloo"

that's hilabloobloobloo

Please go.

Wait who the hell is Lotor holding? Is that Lance?

My money is on him and Lotor being half brothers. Lotor's mom ran away form Zarkon because, well, Zarkon and hooked up with a guy she met when hunting for the Blue Lion. Keith happened. If everything goes well Lotor will want Keith to join him so they can rule as brothers and be a family.

I'm gonna ship Lotor and Pidge. Specifically because it's the most horrible crack ship I can think of.

...well, most horrible non-fujo.

...Actually, I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. How the hell would PIDGTOR (LOTIDGE?) even work?

I know it's probably impossible now, considering Kieth is probably only part Galra due to ancient ancestors instead of somehow being a mindwiped plant.

That's the greatest tragedy of all.

T-this looks cute.

It is? Thank god, I'm fine with anything but klancer and shallura.

I haven't heard of this I missed a few threads.

This. Just make him as hot as I know he can be and I'll be perfectly content.

Those feet.

Lotor's the science and technology minded kind of guy, as a counterpoint to his magic/voltron obsessed dad?

Can't stop won't stop

>Lotor will want Keith to join him so they can rule as brothers and be a family.

And yet both of them end up fighting over Allura. Fucking poetry.