What the fuck is Paulie's problem?

What the fuck is Paulie's problem?

the character really went from hilarious to tragic once you found out he had tourettes

Satanic black magic

He was carrying a bunch of ghouls around, no denying it.

>You were in purgatory my friend!

What the fuck is THIS prick's problem? Just wasting screentime with his fucking silence and nihilism

heh-heh

Well his mom was a whore nun so there's that.

gib high school junior model gf

You can't really understand the show until you realize that everyone on the crew except Tony and maybe Sil are

>that scene where Paulie asks Big Puss if he’ll be standing when it happens to him

I don’t get why Paulie gets so much shit. He was one of the old guard and guys like Tony wanted respect handed to him just because his father was Johnny Boy. Tony wasn’t much different then that shitbag Jackie Jr. Only exception being he was just a bit luckier with the risky shit he did.

Tony is incredibly intelligent, capable and ruthless and becomes basically the most powerful mobster in the entire region in a ridiculously short amount of time, he was nothing like Jackie Jr.

Jackie tried to be ruthless too by hitting that card game after Ralphie told him about the story of Jackie Sr. and Tony doing the same. Keep in mind if Jackie Sr. had been alive and that had happened no one would have touched Jr even though he did shoot two made guys. That doesn't mean that Jackie Jr. wasn't retarded for not staying in college and getting himself a clean life. Still Tony made a lot of bad choices over the whole show. I always found with how I saw it that Jackie Jr. was just an example of a Tony that hadn't been successful.

Yes, but Jackie is stupid and doesn't know what he's doing, unlike Tony who is a natural born leader and IQmogs literally everyone around him.

Just finished the show today. Can't believe he died... such a good way to do it. But you know how horrifying it would have been. So affective

/thread

Stop /threading when you don't need to you dumb faggot

>tony
>most powerful mobster in the entire region
that pygmy thing over in jersey? glorified crew

Tony one advantage he had was that he learned from his dad as a kid certain things that of course gave him an edge. Other then that though he felt like the same person to me. Jackie was really fucking stupid though.

Tony was extremely intelligent, when him, Jackie, Sil etc. did what they did they were making calculated risks, Jackie Jr. just copied him without understanding intent or reading the context at all.

HEH

HEH

reddit: the show

I respect your opinion but for me Tony was more conniving and sneaky then intelligent. Playing others against themselves isn't a sign of intelligence. Its a sign of how much of a manipulative snake he could be which he was a master of being. Also the story of Jackie Sr and Tony holding up the card game of course doesn't tell us some key information. For all we know they heard from someone that's one of the best way to get respect or whatever. Both of them because of there family ties and the fact those family ties were still alive helped in them not getting clipped. Jackie Jr. had no such luck in that area. Not only was Jackie Sr. long gone but much of that same crew and community were getting tired of Jackie Jr.'s shit.

reddit: the opinion

I remember someone on the Donnie Brasco DVD commentary saying most Mafia guys never go to school past 8th grade, so they lack the capacity for abstract thought. They can't think things through the way even a person with a high school education can.

>Playing others against themselves isn't a sign of intelligence
That's patently false.

I’ve met plenty of people that were stupid as fuck but could manipulate others like no one business. It’s like saying a habitual liar is intelligent. They obviously are not.

It is so obvious in every single interaction that Tony is well above average intelligence, even when speaking to Melfi it is apparent that he is a very intelligent man, if uneducated. Tony is one of the few characters in fiction that actually acts and thinks like an intelligent person rather than just telling everyone he is.

You both are morons

You have cause and effect backwards there. Why would going to high school or not affect your capacity for abstract thought?

Well if it isn’t user my arch nemesis.

I always wondered how two people as intelligent as Tony and Carmella managed to produce AJ.

he was annoying but a great character. Good insight into the defective Soprano genes

You're wrong.

Underrated post

>listens to fuckin moolie music in his bedroom all day
>becomes a lazy mulignan