One of the greatest films ever made

One of the greatest films ever made.

Angel's Egg by Mamoru Oshii.

Discuss.

isn't Kojima inspired by this for Death Stranding?
I see a lot of similarities in the trailer

Probably. Both him and Oshii are friends.

Shit

the art style looks like the stuff drawn by the original final fantasy artist

That's because it is.

Go back to Sup Forums weeb.

oh, that's cool

Go back to Africa you nigger

I really have no idea what it was about, but I enjoyed it

I want the blu ray for this movie but fuck it's 100 dollars and you have to buy it from Japan

one time as a teen I spent hours making a music video out of this movie for fun and right as I was putting the finishing touches on it I lost the file in a hard drive crash. still gutted desu

I loved the scene with the tanks, and the one with the shadow people creeping on rooftops. Also the end credits were eerie somehow, zooming out like that made the world appear like an endless flat surface instead of a sphere, felt usetling somehow.

It's a very slow moving film, not much of a plot. It's more about mood than anything else. I rate 8/10, would recommend to anyone whose skeptical of anime but loves cinema.

Fair play mate, I'm glad you have the security to say that.

>cartoon
>film

The final shot is supposed to look like the hull of an ark and show that the entire 'world' is taking place on an upturned ark. The story that the man tells is a cynical version of Noah's Ark where the waters never receded and God abandoned man, which is why he's a dick that destroys the egg that the faithful girl is so protective of. Oshii is a big arthouse fag who likes Tarkovsky so he probably got the idea for the reveal from Solaris, where it does the exact same thing by revealing that the character isn't actually on Earth, but still under control of the planet.

I'm glad the fetal alcohol syndrome look is mostly out of style with anime now

same tbqh, just the images alone really stuck with me

It's got an interesting dreamy vibe and a neat aesthetic.

don't be a fucking retard though, it's just intentionally weird beyond that.

Im always rollig my eyes when weebniggers say one of their digshit cartoons is "the greatest film" or is a "masterpiece". How fucking delusional are these morons. Have they never actually seen a work of art in their accidental lives? watching all of this garbage and buying anime figures and dvds that are confirmed to deteriorate healthy brain function just because a white women wouldn't fuck you and you kept a life-long grudge about it lmao

>What is that mister, some kind of Angel's Egg?
Jesus Christ, seriously Oshii?

>"In the end, it truly was a Tenshi No Tamago™"
turned it off on the spot

It's like Oshii's worst film bro. Certainly out of his anime material, and worse than some of his live-action stuff too.

I think it's decent for what it is (trippy art piece) but really it has no substance.

>trippy
brainlet shibboleth

What the fuck was his problem?

How is it not trippy?

So it was Noah's Ark the whole time right?

he had a cool vampire hunter d weapon or some shit and he didn't even get to use it.

You're an idiot. No one is saying Tarkovsky, Bergman, Malick etc. aren't lapidary directors. AE is *also* a great film, which you would know if you had actually watched it. I'm willing to wager you haven't even seen Winter Light you cum guzzling ultra pleb.

>How dare you talk about films here!

I would believe that theory. But then where the fuck is Noah himself?

The meaning was so obvious I didn't see it. I thought it wasn't as simple as a Noah's ark/faith thing and was a little disappointed when that's what it turned out to be. Otherwise, good movie. Required watch.

you should do it again, so you can be at peace with yourself. This or let go, friend.

Oshii admits there's no meaning to this, ya know. Still beautiful

It's very pretty. Like hauntingly beautiful. As some user mentioned earlier, it is more about mood than anything else.

It tells no great story, teaches no grand lessons about life, and I enjoy it nevertheless.