To be fair i thought the movie was good...

To be fair i thought the movie was good, but i really can't believe how many of you are legitimately emotionally moved by it
the characters are not human, i simply cannot feel anything for these machines, no matter how they are portrayed

Its not a character driven story but more a grand movie about the concept of humanity itself.

You sound like the girlfriend of that guy whose girlfriend kept asking questions during the movie and then she was like "He knows she's not real, right?" You'll never understand it.

If anything robots are more human than the average human being today. I can relate more closely to them.

WE

>the characters are not human, i simply cannot feel anything for these machines, no matter how they are portrayed
I too fail to understand how human empathy could be triggered by humans watching humans pretending to be robots pretending to be humans

Do you have empathy for niggers too, cuck?

The self-validation/identify-building is a big part of it.

If they imagine that BR2049 is some epic cinematic landmark, then they can use this to help build their identities, and separate themselves from "plebs" and "normies", and imagine that they've taken part in "true art", as if they're watching a Lean or Welles film when it premiered.

It's kind of fascinating to witness this exercise in identity building and the effort to be part of certain groups. The praise of BR2049 by the 15-25 yo brooding numale is largely social and egoistic.

Replicants are much more human than niggers though

Why does it matter that they are "robots"? You don't even know for sure for atleast half of the film is K actually a replicant or not, are you telling me that if at the end there was some dumb twist where they all turn out to be humans you would suddenly care about them?

Also why are you not confused then how most people are emotionally moved by fucking computer generated animals in Disney cartoons?

I thought it was a good movie, but I didn't feel for any characters. Btw, it doesn't really hold up to a second viewing, it's more of a plot movie and after the first time it becomes bland because it doesn't offer nothing more than it did at the first viewing, and the themes are actually interesting but aren't layered, and that explains why the movie doesn't hold up to a second watch.

No. It is implied from the beginning that K is a replicant. By his own admission and show of strength, how else would he have survived that first fight, not to mention the last?

I did pick up on how K was treated like dirt by the other officers, even though he was doing his duty. What more did they want out of him?

Same tbqh. Definitely a good movie, with good visuals, but it lacked any sort of emotional punch. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10

He's a robot, he probably does a better job than them because he way more focused than them (specially because he was built and programmed to do it). And in the BR universe it's pretty clear that it exists a robot prejudice, so K was a victim of that.

I heavily disagree, it impacted me even more on the second viewing. The first time I concentrated more on the plot, the second time purely on the experience.
Pic related scene especially, you know it's coming, she tells him that "someone lived this" and you fully expect it to happen, but the shot of him contemplating his entire existence goes for so uncomfortably long that the built up emotions are at peak for about 15 second straight, similar to the furnace scene but instead of a cut this time we finally get the first emotional release from K that comes out in the form of a bonechilling existential vocal outburst.
Superb execution and delivery.

The only part that becomes pretty apparent as a flaw in rewatches are those 2 or 3 flashbacks, everything else I enjoyed even more on my second watch.

Not trying to look "patrician", but I'm more used to follow movies with a complicated plot/or very "artistic" (by that I mean, movies that are more abstract and boring to normal audiences), specially because I watch a lot of these movies. At the first viewing I got that he was fooled by thinking he was special, a big part of it was due to Joi ("Everything you want to see, Everything you want to hear") and she also is just a computer that manipulates you (that phrase is the epithome of that) and her scenes were way too similar to the ones of "Her" and that impacted a lot of her arc for me, and nonetheless it was very implied she would die and when she says: "I'm happy when I'm with you" and K replies "You don't have to say that", you already know that K uses that as a mere distraction and when she dies, all of his feelings for her (that were constructed when she kept saying he was special) were destroyed when he discovered he wasn't special and he reminded she was just an artificial woman, and then he shows his true feelings for Deckard, saving him and killing himself for it.

It's not a bad movie, but the movie build the arc through plot rather than emotion/story and after the first view, where you realized the hole plot, the movie doesn't give you anything else. Villeneuve has been struggling with this his hole career, his movies were always plot movies, and the emotional connection is always bland, not to mention they aren't very layered (it takes a very skilled person the make a layered movie, the same happens in novels, and while Villeneuve is a good director, he's not on this level). The time he tried to make something deep and layered, he came up with Enemy, that is anything but that, because it doesn't even have theme to be explored, and all the movie comes to be a chaos as it was pronounced as its order, but it doesn't make it good, it makes it a pseud movie, a movie that tries to be bold but it doesn't have the courage to assume its risks.

>walk around for an hour with blank face showing no emotion
>sperg out once
>WOAH WHAT TERRIFIC ACTING
I will never understand that admiration. Have you really seen nothing but capeshit with wooden acting and cardboard characters before or what?

This entire post , good god

Are we supposed to be impressed or something? My 12 year old sister could come up with that analysis ,it's the most obvious surface level shit.

Be embarrassed for yourself .

>but I'm more used to follow movies with a complicated plot/or very "artistic"
Oh please name some

Fuck, what's that anime video called again? I remember watching it years ago and having no idea what was going on.

I've been a huge fan of Ryan "The Goose" Gosling ever since his masterful turn on The Mickey Mouse Club (1993–1995), to say nothing of how much I enjoyed Ridley Scott's 7 or 25 different versions of "Blade Runner"—as well as PKD's source novel, so I was enthused to see BR2049 as soon as the crowds died down, which was just about immediately upon release.
I arrived promptly at the cinema at 1:45 PM on a Tuesday, and after catching my breath (I smoke two packs a day again), I strode to the front of the line, where the teenage fuckface employee is staring at me like I'm speaking Chinese.
He asks me what I'm doing here, and I reply, "I'd like one ticket to see Ryan Gosling's new movie, Blade Runner 2049, in standard," just like I practiced at home in the bathroom mirror. I noticed his tramp girlfriend standing next to him, smirking because I'm all by myself, and I began to panic and murmured, "I want one ticket to see The Goose in 3D."
I started hyperventilating and tried to correct myself, but I forgot the name of the film, so I just kept repeating "The Goose" or "The Goose's film" while the teenage fuckface and his fuckface girlfriend snickered at me. Finally, I just pointed at the poster for Blade Runner and said, "That," and they gave me the ticket. While I limped away (fell down the basement stairs chasing the cat), I heard the girlfriend stop laughing and lean in and whisper "He's scaring me" to the employee, loud enough that I could hear it across the empty theater.
I couldn't enjoy the movie after that. It took me an entire hour to stop crying and shaking. When my tears dried and I'd cleaned off my glasses, I saw that the teenage fuckface had given me the 3D ticket, he hadn't given me my 3D glasses, and the whole movie was a blurry mess. 1/2

2/2

So I got up to confront the employee and get my 3D glasses, but the manager was blocking the door, and he kept mocking me every time I said, "Excuse me, sir." I kept trying to cut around him but he'd just head me off and laugh and shove me back into the theater. I would've produced a firearm and shot him under normal circumstances, but firearms aren't allowed at the movies, so I didn't bring one because I didn't want to get in trouble.
I don't remember much after this, because I was having a panic attack, but I must've been sobbing audibly, because the manager would reappear from time to time to holler "SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT".
So I can't really offer a credible review of BR2049, having seen virtually none of it.

It's not to be impressed, that's what the hole movie is about, and that's why I think it wasn't very good, because it doesn't offer more than this. If you have a deeper analysis please post, because I think the movie can't go further than that, and that's one of the reasons I didn't like.

And for the movies I was talking about:

Hourglass Sanatorium, Colossal Youth, Ordet, Post Tenebras Lux, Silent Light, Black God White Devil, My Winnipeg, A Janela (Maryalva Mix), The Executioner, Sganzerla Documentaries, W.R. Mysteries of the Organism and more than these, as I was saying it's not that I'm smarter than you, I'm just more used to follow movies like that, so you kind of become "trained" to absorve more of a movie at its first viewing.

I bet you understand Rick and Morty.

ME!ME!ME!

There is a sequel called Girl

pusi

You got letterboxd? Three of those are in my top 10

No, not really my type of website, but I'll try it someday.

Btw, which ones?

humanity, what a concept