Could this work as a show?

Could this work as a show?

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/article_19443_7-classic-movies-you-didnt-know-were-rip-offs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The Invisibles
>Clearly not invisible

No, and I say that as someone who really likes that comic.

>the indivisibles
>holds up a composite number

Was better as a movie AKA the Matrix. The Wachowskis brothers even admit they were influenced by it.

>Invisibles
Does he have a clover on his jacket to represent what the majority of Sup Forums users are to women?

David Cage already ripped it off.

Talking about?

Yes, absolutely.
Question is whether it should be set in the 90s or the present day. Its incredibly 90s.

The real question is why the cover artist thinks using Patrick Troughton in The Box of Delights as reference wouldn't be instantly obvious. The character doesn't quite look like that in the story.

Also, how to resolve the Luther Arkwright/Gideon Stargrave/Jerry Cornelius problem. Or do you just ignore it and plough on.

I've got the deluxe hardback edition. I love it (apart from the shitty last story), the postman obviously hates me.

I honestly don't see the connection.
Also, the Wachowskis take influences and turn them into shit anyway. They are best ignored.

The one time they they made it a movie worked pretty OK.

Like that other guy said, someone being inspired or influenced by something is not the same as them adapting it. Shit, by that standard The Sopranos would be an adaptation of Twin Peaks.

Does the comic have its characters dress like school shooters too? Fuck I hate The Matrix.

People would think it ripped off the matrix.

>Western Comics

Yeah, it goes even more ridiculous with the outfits though. There is a lot of leather

No, it has nothing to do with the Matrix.

The characters are: Teenage kid, old tramp guy, a transsexual Brazilian, Ragged Robin (the QT of the operation), black female US cop, bald guy into 90s clubbing fads. Outside the core of the cell there is also an aggressive lesbian and a geography teacher.

It would actually be quite timely, there is an audience for the above mixed in with a bit of Info Wars. Could bring everyone together now I
think about it.

They'd have to remove all those 2012 'apocalypse' references.

Morrison is fun but he earnestly believes in some really dumb shit

Wait, are you saying that a fiction writer, well, writing about some dumb shit in his comics means he actually believes in said dumb shit?

absolutely. just not by G.Mo. he tried about a decade ago and his scripts were fucking awful. try hunting them down, they're easily found online.

i'd pitch the series as Mr. Robot meets the comic that influenced The Matrix. might work for cable tv.

He's probably loopier than Moore IRL.

Is this just a troll or am I missing something.
I can't think of one scene, character, idea or situation they have in common.

Or perhaps I don't have the Director's cut where Neo talks to the ghost of John Lennon, Trinity has her dick cut off and Laurence Fishburne makes off with the head of John the Baptist.

> At DisinfoCon in 1999, Morrison said that much of the content in The Invisibles was information given to him by aliens that abducted him in Kathmandu, who told him to spread this information to the world via a comic book. He later clarified that the experience he labelled as the "Alien Abduction Experience in Kathmandu" had nothing to do with aliens or abduction, but that there was an experience that he had in Kathmandu that The Invisibles is an attempt to explain.

Didn't everything that happened in the comic also happened to Morrison in real life? Spooky stuff

really? a group of highly trained underground terrorists attempt to bring down the system, which is also otherworldly and evil? similar themes of individuation, overthrowing dominant power, and tons of action scenes in both.

yeah. Moore is simply more intelligent, i'd say. he also has his fare share of loopy ideas, but he can hold his own on a variety of topics. G.Mo. seems to only be well-versed in his brand of stupid shit.

Well, King Mob is an obvious self-insert by the author. Who at some point realises he is a self-insert by an author, himself.

The Invisibles is really rooted in the 90s 60s revival in the UK. Everyone is wearing clubbing gear throughout and off their heads. It basically all happened to a lot of people but if you were there, its going to be a bit hazy.

You've described Star Wars so no, I'm not seeing the specific parallels.

And this is just silly:
cracked.com/article_19443_7-classic-movies-you-didnt-know-were-rip-offs.html

I think people have heard this meme but I've yet to hear an explanation of it that held any water.

If nothing else the Matrix is extremely poe-faced and dull.

No.

Don't encourage Grant Morrison. Ever.

I do think a practical barrier to doing it would be that all the people who grumble at GMo ripping them off would have something to sue that might actually have to pay out.

The first few issues seem very Gaimanesque to me (does Neverwhere start like that? something does anyway). Then we're into Alan Moore with a diversions through Bryan Talbot and Michael Moorcock.

He plays it off as ironic and knowing and the times leaned that way a bit, I don't think reappraised it would get away with it.

Oh and Jason King, but I think that is more an honestly ironic reference rather than pilfering.

obviously not with the end of the world having already passed and we just unknowingly jump timelines

and having a tramp stamp isnt a very cool guy thing to do

>I can't think of one scene, character, idea or situation they have in common.
The Matrix design elements are pretty obviously derivative of the Outer Church / Cell 23's fake Outer Church appearance what with the sunglasses, a couple black people with shaved heads, high collar on black coat, etc. I don't think this is even speculative, they literally had the comic on set and were trying to make design elements similar to it using it as a guide.
The non-design / meaning similarities are more debatable, but I see a lot of influence there too. The Matrix kind of dumbs down the basic idea of the Invisibles by making the "real world" / "fake world" divide based entirely on one concrete explanation involving rogue AI enslaving mankind in a simulation.
The Invisibles in contrast is all over the place with how they explore the real / fake divide e.g. it's a story Miles wrote called The Invisibles, or it's a drug enhanced VR tank trip Robin is having, or it's a game King Mob created to let people simulate an entire life from birth to death ending with the apocalypse, or it's the single day of nine dogs magic initiation like what Fanny experiences, or it's ourselves after we've already transcended as a single multi-billion bodied time worm going back and living out roles in the past like the historical fiction insert scenes in Forrest Gump, or it's a magic spell in comic form that Grant Morrison wrote to influence people to make his fictional ideas real, etc.
To bridge the two together, I'd say the "real world" in the Matrix is what's analogous to all the "invisible" things covered in the Invisibles i.e. all the things going on that normal people are oblivious to. This is seen early on with King Mob telling Jack he's trying to "unfuck his brain," basically saying it's not that Jack needs to learn something new about reality but that Jack needs to unlearn the bullshit fake world he's been mistaking as real.