HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHAH!
WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that ending was batshit ridiculous and i enjoyed all of it

It was Totally Rad

DUDE THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST CUT TO CREDITS WHEN SHE WALKED OUT XD etc, etc.

these threads are stupid.

jewjew was testing the waters for a half life and left for dead cinematic universe. good thing people weren't receptive.

needed more secure rooms and restraints to be a proper rape dungeon

This.

Don't get why people would've preferred a dull, boring ending like in most films.

John Goodman makes the movie great.

Yes that's a very stupid opinion, obviously it should have cut to credits when she first glimpses the ship way off in the distance above the field.

This movie is only worth watching for MEW feet

It did quite well both in reviews and in box office what are you talking about

There's a third Cloverfield brand movie coming out next year. It also has nothing to do with the previous movie.

except the part where he's dressed like an idiot child, that ruined the whole movie

I didn't like it.

Yeah, worst bunker ever. Like the writers didn't even watch the second season of L O S T.

people dindn't like the ending.

It was worth watching for MEW's thighs and butt

>that one scene when he comes in freshly shaved

i'm not a chick but damn did my vagina get lubed lmao

Same. Solid fucking flick. Glad I didn't know the ending going in, nor did I have a clue what the movie was supposed to be about

Saw this for the first time last week.
Enjoyed it up until the ending. It flipped genres and turned into an over the top action flick with zero subtlety. The ending ruined the movie and it felt like a goddamn joke. If it had ended when she saw the ship I would have been far less appalled. Fuck JJ Abrahms forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
agreed, most people are too dumb to realize the whole movie was stupid, not just the ending.

The original ending had her escape from the bunker in the suit and go climbing up a hill. She overlooks a city that's been destroyed and is in smoking ruins. What caused it is unclear, war, aliens, viruses, it's not explained. She stares for awhile, realizing he was right before taking her mask off. The camera zooms in on her mouth taking a breath in. Cut to credits.

You can tell exactly when JJ Abrams's influence kicked in the movie. Somewhere between her making a makeshift molotov cocktail and destroying an alien spaceship and her winking at the camera and going "Oh, you gotta be kiddin' me!"

Man, the Chosen People sure can fix a movie!

John Goodman was a good man

>implying that this movie didn't end on a dull boring note

I bet you think transformers is exciting.

do not click on this video, its made by a shill who is literally shilling his shitty 'tube videos here 24/7

How the fuck are there so many people praising this piece of shit?
The movie was terrible, mostly because it had no idea what kind of movie to be. It jumped around randomly from a kidnapping thriller, to an apocalyptic mystery, to a romantic comedy, to a heartwarming drama, back to a kidnapping thriller, then to a conspiracy drama, and finally right at the end a fucking sci-fi action flick out of nowhere.
The story shifted tones like it had fucking parkinsons.
Plus the two things that could have actually made the movie fun and interesting--John Goodman actually being a good guy even though he seems like the bad guy, and the mystery of what happened in the outside world--got completely fucked by being so goddamn cliche and bland.
There is something wrong with people who like this movie.

The oscillating nature of the movie's tone is EXACTLY why I think it was superb. It would throw in some creepy and suspenseful element then make you comfortable with it right before throwing a new one at you. There are few movies that can so wildly play with your emotions

God you're a faggot.

Will we ever get another modern monster movie as good as the first Cloverfield?

:(
I liked it because 9/11 with monsters, we're too far away from 9/11 now I think

>as good as the first Cloverfield?
>a found-footage godzilla ripoff with teeagers

>teenagers

They were like late 20's/early 30's, user. They were NYC yuppies.

>In the original script, Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to “protect” her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to “be careful.” Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next, only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct. The final line in the script is, “She slowly pulls down the mask on the hazmat suit before taking a breath.”

would've been better if there were multiple monsters from the first one inhabiting the earth instead

pretty sure they were college kids. maybe I'm just old but it felt like one tree hill meets godzilla

I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW

The problem was the movie being a forced sequel to Cloverfield. If they didn't shoehorn the alien shit, then I would have LOVED the movie.

As it stands, I still like I got ripped off. Fuck JJ Abrams.

monster from the first film wasn't an alien

it lived on the sea bed for thousands of years

I get this reference my good friend

same, I enjoyed it and was kind of hoping the whole time it wasn't just a nutcase making shit up and as soon as MEW gets out and sees that ship I started crying tears of joy. It was the ending I quietly hoped for and it elevated itself above merely enjoyable

>this is a valid criticism on Sup Forums

Didn't the last scene in the first movie show that it landed in the ocean as a meteor?

This was better. I agree with rhis poster

It was great right up until she escaped. Worse than the sudden action CGI ending was just that it felt like there was a lot more to come with her and Goodman down in the bunker. Goodman makes the whole thing worthwhile by just being a great bunker lunatic.
That's another thing though, it's established that he previously kept some woman down there and pretended she was his daughter, but then it turns out this time he was right about the aliens. So he drove MEW off the road and kidnapped her coincidentally right before an alien invasion which perfectly excused his keeping them in a bunker. He even had acid which would have explained the burned up pigs and woman outside. Guess that was the original plan during filming.

then why would the woman be trying to get inside? I agree the ending kinda sucks btw

No, that was a Slusho satellite falling into the ocean with some sort of radioactive concoction that created the monster.

Read the lore you fucking pleb

worth it for MEW

I had no idea there was any lore to it, considering it was a JJ Abrams production.

>Read the lore you fucking pleb
>Says the guy who gets it wrong
The satellite didn't have "some sort of radioactive concoction that created the monster". The monster already existed, it was discovered by Tagruato, and they were searching for the satellite, which may have led the monster to New York.

Maybe he snuck up on her and knocked her out and then burned her a little. If he was gonna melt his pigs he was really committed to making this look real

It was good. I'm a fan of "event" movies.

The ending is shit

>ayy lose to a woman

should have ended with her spotting the alien ship, closeup on her face: "GOD DAMN IT" cuts to black

My pussy instantly turned into the Sahara

9/11's monsters were far more frightening tbqh famalam and there are millions more just like them.

damn, i realize you'll never draw goofy doodles for mew and mew only