Blade runner 2049

Is this the movie of the decade?

A slightly flawed masterpiece. Just how I like them.

>you will probably not a experience a movie like this ever again seeing the way Hollywood is going.

Sure if you're an easily impressed teen from Sup Forums with the cinematic IQ that only goes as far as Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight and The Big Lebowski. A cheeto in humanoid form

The only real flaw being that you have to also watch the original? Or am I too dumb to see other flaw

>censorship by china
>capeshit
>SJW crap
>forced diversity

I see it now this is the last great big movie to be ever made by mankind.

>A cheeto in humanoid form
lmao dude I have to admit that at least you are relentless. The "DISHONEST" thread did not come out as well as you expected?

>Movie of the decade
That would be PTA's The Master

BRAW DON'T FORGET STAR WARS! SPOCK IS MY FAVOURITE JEDI

You don't have to

Only thing you really have to know is that in the first one Deckerd gets with Rachel and fucks.

No. It wasn't really that great. The visuals were nice, and Ryan Gosling is great but ouch, the rest is not that good.

this guy is a fedora tipping, arrogant idiot but let's not loose our minds.
2049 is an outstanding movie, and more analysis and views will reveal more shit and themes like happened with the original, but let's not fool ourselves.

Honestly, I loved the look of this film, the sound, the experience. i love the goose, and the baseline scene gives me chills (and feels)

but tv is getting very carried away, I don't think either blade runner deals with any particular theme particularly well. most sci-fi is shit lets face it, even though its my favourite genre

If gay marriage is legal because "love," can a human (not replicant) marry their waifu?

>movie of the decade
>anything by Paul Thomas Anderson
watch more movies

Will chinks and weebs save this movie?

Those two or three flashbacks are completely unnecessary and become especially apparent on rewatches. It's just to keep the normie casuals not confused, could've been entirely cut out.
The rest is superb.

how do we get them to meet??

Women like "sci-fi" just when it's some dumb faux action movie like JJ Abram's abortions, they generally don't care for slow paced atmospheric masterpieces.

Fuck, wish I'd known about the BR2049 art contest before seeing OP's pic. Just looked it up and it ended on Oct 3. Dammit

This scene was fucking godly beautiful

Blade Runner 2049 did for Sci-Fi what Mad Max Fury Road did for Action.

What amazes me is that this movie had a budget of 150 mil but managed to be so visually beautiful.

I noticed that the entire film has quite a lot of dolly-ins with the camera shooting from a different room/place and slowly entering another one, just like in this scene.
Problem is I am a brainlet so I don't know what should I get out of that, I just noticed it. Any ideas?

But FR was a slightly-above average action flick with no depth, narrative or rewatchability

Garbage videogame masquerading as a film?

>I don't know what should I get out of that

What do you mean? It's just nice cinematography

Exactly.

I watched the cam rip and it was fucking terrible

>Watch movie
>fall in love with Joi
>Look up Joi actress
>wtf

Last decade has been pretty mediocre, especially the last 6-7 years, but there are still better films.

No Country for Old men, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, In Bruges, District 9, Mr.Nobody, Interstellar, Big Short

are some of them.

>Mr.Nobody

The true movie of the decade

so this movie’s basically the new Drive:
something for white loser males to latch onto because it’s analogous to their aspergers

But anyway:
The VVitch
Under the Skin
Synedoche, New York
The Master
The Handmaiden
Uncle Boonnmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
Ida
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Act of Killing
Leviathan
Enter the Void

Blade Runner 2049 isnt even better than enemy.

Ya’ll pathetic.

Eat shit, pretentious fag.

It's up there but there have been some very good movies in the last 7 years

Oh, you are an even bigger brainlet than me it seems.
Cinematography isn't just pretty pictures user, every single decision in the framing and composition is made to serve the story in the best possible way. A standard shot is a static shot, you have to have a reason why a camera moves. I am asking what kind of implication would a dolly in from a different room to another have (basically a lot of doorway shots changing to a wide shot by moving the camera forward) because this film in particular has quite a lot of shots like that, compared to any Villeneuve or Deakins film

YOu fool

lads how come purple giantess joi knew to call him joe even tho her memory was destroyed?

It's likley what Joi is just programmed to nickname people with by default. It's also what sends K over the edge to do something worthwhile in his life upon realising that

It's a reference to the Japanese occupation by the United States; don't know a G.I.'s name? Call him Joe. Hence the action figure.

Maybe if you've only seen one movie

>white
Wrong

Average Joe

>t. film student

It's supposed to have the same emotional impact as the Rachel scene just prior. He's seeing a bastardized version of JOI tormenting him

What fedora tippers think it's happening
>wow I'm so superiors to plebs for liking this well crafted slow movie

What is actually happening
>wow I'm so superiors to average Sup Forums posters by hating this well crafted movie, it's too mainstream for my superior taste >watching movies with more than 1000 votes on imdb tips fedora

It is for me.

this

Joe, along with John, is a name prostitutes use to refer to their clients

fuck off its kino.

cringe

It's one of deakin's signature looks of creating a frame within a frame
It's also Villenueve doing a VERY basic but often overlooked environmental transition that although isn't a new technique, is vastly underused in current mainstream film as a way of smoothing location transitions
Villenueve isn't exactly a hyper-inventive or wildly inovative director, but his movies are much more competent than his peers, particularly in using the aesthetic to help narratively and basic film techniques
Though I mainly love him for his story and dialogue seriousness, sense of dread/horror, his horrific violence and his methodical but engrossing pacing

it was a fine sequel with some flaws. it could have turned out much worse though and I'm glad it didn't.

Actually this is happening

It got ruined by the stupid waifu that used to be a hologram projected from a machine in the roof of the apartement but who can suddenly be projected unto any surface from a vape pen kept enclosed in a pocket

>Robert Beavers
>substance
>not a "DUDE FUCK ALL CONVENTION IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ART" hack on the same level as Harmony Korine

>being this butthurt

Cry more, Sup Forums.

I think it's one of the best sci fi movies ever made. There are better movies out there from the past 10 years, but not better sci fi movies

When you will grow up, you will understand that there is a good and a bad way to do everything, from an art movie to a b-movie.

Only if you're /r9k/.

Yowza
Did the movie get leaked?

So, this is the true reason? All this bullshit is a construct built to hide your sense of inadequacy?
It makes sense

Bladerunner 2049 fans act as though they're cinema fans for watching a Hollywood film longer than 2 hours, then you ask them what they think of Cassavetes, Akerman or Kobayashi and they stare at you like a goat trying to solve a rubix cube.

repetita iuvant

The irony of 2049 fans telling someone this.

PTA is a hack and his fans are pseuds with no sense of visual literacy or film history
Villenueve at the very least at least understands how to use elements of the visuals to push the narrative
PTA is the "It looks good" kind of aesthete

Weebs can't even save their own GitS: Innocence, so it might get praised by the cyberpunk/ sci-fi fans but don't expect box office to look pretty

As for the chinks, their government will censor the nudity with editing the camera angle which will make some scene look awkward
There are also reports said that they are gonna cut out at least 30 minutes of content to increase show times
So expect it to bomb in China as well

when Deckard called K "Joe" (after the sea fight) it felt so weird, mixed emotions, like unintendedly giving a near death organism some sort of identity or humanity, i can totally understand his motivation to rescue Deckard. no one besides Joi called him like that, no one "real" called him that way, only Deckard.

Just wait for Villeneuve's Dune.

If you think Blade Runner is fresh your sense of "film history" probably doesn't go back 10 years.

What you gonna do when them 3DPD coming for your waifu loving ass

I said nothing about BR being fresh
But if you think PTA has a single original bone in his body you're deluded or tragically under-movie'd

No, but it's clearly the most representative of the human bean kind

idk fuck the blonde with my waifu superimposed over her I guess.

honestly got choked up when he called out for Joe by his name. small yet powerful moment

What’s wrong with fedora tippers?

retire yourself

Dinner is shit and has always been the poor man's start wars

My favorite of the decade so far.

BRRRMMMMM

too much white knight savior complex

exactly what K did with them

That's probably because most movie budgets are spent on drugs, sex, and overpriced parties

The Tree of Life is still probably my favorite from this decade. But goddamn this movie was about the best thing a sequel to Blade Runner could have been

>BRAW DON'T FORGET STAR WARS! SPOCK IS MY FAVOURITE JEDI

You're trying too hard. This is the joke that the "I FUCKING love science" normie makes when he likes to think he's like asuuper geeky nerd XD

thats my wallpaper

Jesus Christ stop trying so hard and just enjoy the damn thing

This
get happy popcorn time bro!! check out the rt score!!! shut off your brain!!

There is interpretation and then there is wanking over semantics

>tfw ywn save a qt

Fuck you user, let grape-kun rest in peace with his waifu.

hahahaa i just saw the movie and i can hear it in my head. every three seconds BRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMM fucking movie trailer sound effect.

i really loved the original blade runner, maybe thats why i didnt like this one. so much action and dialogue and loud noises and constant explaining.

so much of this movie is explaining itself -- "joi if i take you on this device you'll die if you get crushed, for instance!" -- "i want to grow them because i need a lot of them, so to get more i need to grow them! that's why i want them! i'm telling you in case you didn't know what im thinking!" -- "if robots can have babys there will be a war! there will be a war because robots shouldnt have babies! this is bad and so we must kill this babies!"

like, i dont know, everything has to fucking have a direction, and explanation, and a fucking purpose.

this shit bugs me because it takes away from the point of the original, which is not the specifics of the film, but the feelings of what it means to exist, which should be universal.

so when you try to fucking explain everything it just, to me, takes me out of my world and into this fantasy world that doesnt make a lot of fucking sense, like theres no life? no mosquitos? no bugs? but humans survived? thats retarded.

or that we keep COMPLETE sequenced dna records on fucking orphans? there are three billion nucleotides in a single persons genome. how the fuck do they sequence that, nevermind store it, for every fucking person. or that, whatever computer is ridiculous enough to sequence that, wouldnt recognize an exact duplicate entry?

way to go deckard, you hid your tracks by making a fucking hugely noticeable anomaly in the computers genetic records.

the only realistic thing about this movie is deckard gets his ass constantly kicked like in the original, which i liked.

Lets just say Ryan gosling is movie of the decade and then everyone on this board can be happy

why discourage analysis or thought?
off the top of my head... all the movement through doorways possibly symbolizes the passage of characters from one state of being to another. K for example moves from the smaller constricted world of a replicant completely under the control of others into a larger world of free will as he embraces his humanity.

also another thing, replicants have dna, blood, bones, which implies cells, human tissues, and apparently can have functioning wombs -- they are really basically clones from what you see in the movie.

so why the fuck are they able to jump through walls. like how is that biologically possible. the movie cant decide if they are robots, or clones, so it makes them superhumans, why can they punch through concrete but get stabbed by knives to death. why make them breathe air, i dont know