It's almost that time of year again, lads

It's almost that time of year again, lads.

The Christmas special is simultaneously the best and worst thing ever created in the Star Wars franchise.

i fucking hate star wars

i wish i could go back in time and prevent george lucas from ever creating star wars

ESB>ANH>Holiday Special>ROTJ>TFA>RO>ROTS>TPM>AOFC

Prove me wrong

The further into the ground that the franchise gets driven the more I actually treasure the Holiday Special. It also makes me wistful for that time in my life when Christmas was full of coziness and magic instead of the cold, sterile day it is now.

This so much

I know exactly what you're saying. The Christmas Special has no pretensions. It was just a fun, silly, family special. Gone are the days of browsing through an 800 page Sears wishbook and bookmarking the pages with all the toys you wanted.

5>4>7>6>R1>1>3>2. Holiday special is approximately equal to 1 in ranking. Maybe R1>special>1

Behind the scenes stuff from the OT being posted was the best part of TFA coming out

>browsing through an 800 page Sears wishbook and bookmarking the pages with all the toys you wanted.
Delete this

That's why you get to look forward to fatherhood

How do you reckon 'The Last Jedi' will slot in?

I think:

5>4>6>7>R1>8>3>1>2

By the way, I'm glad you didn't put Phantom Menace last cos it's a much better film than people give it credit for

That's not how you hold a handgun at all

just do like me and get yourself a 1979 Sears Christmas Wishbook off ebay and every December you can act like it just got delivered

I actually appreciate the Holiday Special, mainly because it featured all of the original cast in their prime, before they became tired, old, wrinkly and dead

I never form an opinion before seeing the film itself. Coincidentally, I stopped that after I saw TFA. I was extremely disillusioned from the prequels and I expected Disney to fuck it up even more by making it goofy. Glad I was wrong.
If I had to answer I'd say 8 will be anywhere below 4/5 but above the prequels for me. I don't expect them to catch lightning in a bottle again, but I don't expect a colossal fuckup either.

It's a lasergun you dummy

>before they became tired, old, wrinkly and dead
Delete this

>Gone are the days of browsing through an 800 page Sears wishbook and bookmarking the pages with all the toys you wanted.
My mom still tries to make me do this on Thanksgiving, bless her heart

Isn't that the finger they found coke on? haha love you Carrie, how's are the kids?

Where's the 900 page Wookiepedia article explaining this, you fucks?

I'm convinced none of you have actually watched it in it's entirety. Much of it is almost fucking unwatchable

1)Stop George from making Star Wars in the first place

2)Stop George from making the prequels

or

3)Stop George from giving the rights away

Bea Arthur's segment is unironically great

That's really sweet of your mother.

Imagine if Disney couldn't space out their Marvel releases with Star Wars releases

Nah I like our current timeline

4) Stop George

>It's almost that time of year again, lads.

You’re both wrong. That’s a vape pen held at an angle.

>Now, back to 9/11
Fucking perfect

this
>tfw unironically enjoy parts of the holiday special a lot because of silly world building
>it doesn't matter anymore because "not canon ;)"
>it never really mattered anyways

3>2>3>4>4>2>3

These men are pawns!

Pretty good. Would like to see spammed again in future SW threads.

ESB>ROTS>ANH>ROTJ>RO>TPH>TFA>AOTC