Feelsrunner2049

>When Roy dies in the original, he laments that all of his memories and experiences will be lost like his tears in rain. They will be forgotten with his passing, lost forever.

>When Joe dies in 2049, he lays down and begins to cry. However, because it is snowing we see his tears. This is because what he has experienced (love) and what he has seen (the miracle) will not be forgotten. His actions won't be lost to time, as he succesfully manages to reunite Deckard with his daughter. All of these moments will not be lost, like tears in the snow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=by2pM_0Sf8c
youtube.com/watch?v=_8Xpow55wEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck.
Never thought of it like that.

pottery
youtube.com/watch?v=by2pM_0Sf8c

Why does everyone cry so fucking much in this movie. Is it supposed to represent how emotionally repressed everyone is living in the godforsaken world of Bladerunner.

Probably. Like, when Luv cries, it seems like an involuntary response. She doesn't contort her face. She doesn't make a sound. But a tear streams down her face. She's probably screaming deep down.

This is probably why she also randomly kisses the Goose

I took that as her trying to live up to the image of Wallace. She kills Lieutenant Joshi by slashing her abdomen the same way Wallace kills the prototype replicant. When she stabs Goose, she kisses him just as Wallace kissed the prototype. And then she says, "I'm the best one" -- echoing when Wallace says she's the best one of all. But the fact that she kisses Goose also indicates that she doesn't want to kill him, just as Wallace didn't want to kill the prototype but had to.

In the scene the image you posted depicts I took that as him crying in the rain because his love for Joi was lost forever and there he stood staring at a eyeless, soulless,apparition of her.

What? I don't think Joe cried.

>he lays down and begins to cry
he doesn't cry though?

I swear he cries. Idk for sure though.

Time to watch it again

I remember a single tear, not a full cry

I don't think he cries in that scene. His eyes are just kinda misty.

I think she needed more time to come in terms with what she was experiencing.
But she got the negative turn on much stuff, then she just did not made it to experience something different.

>His eyes are just kinda misty.

She's afraid of Leto seeing her cry and raping her

>go and see bladerunner with gf of 2 years
>entire time she's confused, antsy, "why is this so long"
>she breaks up with me the next day

I wish I was kidding.

Ik that feel
Have you heard if she went out and partied and got drunk and fucked some random dude the next night?
That’s what happens to me usually

BR made break ups kino. I guess neither of you understood the movie

holy shit

That's some bullshit right there

In the scene where they find if she has can go does she still find them in her house or did she think that they wouldn't find out if what they did was from the first movie or the second moviers?

Lmaooooooo fuck

She was a pleb anyway

Good riddance. Maybe this will teach you not to date the mentally challenged.

Yeah she's with me now user

Maybe its for the best user.

Why did he have to kill the prototype?

Gave him a cheeky little stiffy

Sauce?

It snows because Gosling and Villeneuve are Canadians. They're not all bound up in notions of American immortality, memories and whatnot.

That humility, while lovely, doomed 2049 to financial failure.

FUCKING SECONDLIFE REEEEE

Why would you take your gf to watch this.

>oh wow look at me i have girlfriends that can leave me feel bad whaaaaah

fuck off

How do you know he died?

Imagine being this lonely

nah i just dont feel bad for him

it's ripping of equilibruim, yeah

>However, because it is snowing we see his tears.
More like his tears add up to the snow

Zimmer's mediocre soundtrack throughout this movie made Vangelis' little piece at the end more amazing.

The fact that he recycled his Interstellar soundtrack is infuriating to me.

What are your thoughts on the original soundtrack?
youtube.com/watch?v=_8Xpow55wEM

I really like the synthy sound, but it's obvious that this sorta music is not Johannsons strong suit, I wonder who would have been the best composer for this film.

>been single for 2 years
>take coworker to BR
>fuck afterward
>realize I like being single and can just fuck girls on looks/charisma alone

T-thanks BR2049