So it's a red herring right?

So it's a red herring right?

it's a soap opera set during a zombie apocalypse lol

no, it wouldn't literally any sense

TWD writing is retarded, but not this bad

I hope

The real future is him crying, and the flash forward to old rick is a dream.

I don't think they're smart enough to think of that though. The show is catching up dangerously fast to the comic book, and the show needs to end soon so changing the story is almost neccesary at this point.

There's also the fact that the cast is going to age naturally, so it wouldn't make sense to have "old" make up for the chracters.

They are either trying to portray the insecurity going through Rick and him imagining the win and lose the war outcome.

Or they are showing a soonish future where he gets rekt by Negan and a later future where he rekts Negan.

Why did the last thread get deleted?

How the fuck did his daughter age so much in just one season? This show makes no sense.

Its not his daughter, its his dead-wife daughter.

It's not a red herring. Old man Rick is literally a flash forward. Rick crying is also a flash forward to near the end of the season when he has Negan defeated but decides to show mercy and lock him up instead of kill him.

Thinking the show is about to do anything creative, especially involving the all out war arc, is just wishful thinking. They're gonna play this almost to the letter. The only significant death this season is going to Morgan and MAYBE Eugene.

Fuck I wanna suck his dick

CRIPPLED RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

it's just a dream

Yeah I had the exact same thought.

Anyone know where I can download the episode?

So this is the power of roast beef

>I TURNED MYSELF INTO A CRIPPLE CORAL

Do you have a screenshot of Gregory doing his power stance next to Negan?

where did you faggots come from?

>wake me up inside

Alright folks, believe me or not, but I can't provide any proof. No "leaker" ever can, but I'm part of one of the innermost circles and wouldn't even give you my shoe size for fear of being found violating NDA.

First of all, the "flash-forward" in the season 8 premier is important, as well as the choice of music. It's not a flash-forward at all, it's one great big bait-and-switch because it's EXACTLY what comic fans think will be happening. In all actuality, it's another dream sequence, like when Rick fantasized about a living Abraham and Glenn with their children around a big outdoor dinner table with everyone else. Another One Rides the Bus is significant because like the "flash-forward" itself, things are not as they seem. It's not a flash-forward as one might initially assume, and it's not Another One Bites the Dust as one might initially assume with a few seconds of peripheral listening. They're both parodies of the real thing. So in reality, perhaps another one bit the dust? A bad omenf or Carl, Judith, and/or Michonne? It's goofy and on-the-nose, but that's typical of Scott Gimple. So yeah, onto the Carl rumor going around. He definitely bites it. In the big mid-season finale battle at Alexandria, Negan instructs The Saviors and Scavengers to employ "shock and awe" tactics but not kill. The Savior Jared (who killed that Kingdom kid) spots Carl trying to get a vantage point to snipe Negan, he follows him, they get into a scuffle, and he accidentally shoots Carl while struggling to apprehend him. He bolts, it's the first gunshot heard which makes all Hell break loose, and Negan retreats. Negan stops the convoy a couple miles down the road, demands to know what happened, and is absolutely furious at Jared. He gives an adaptation of the speech he originally gave to the rapist David in the comic, before apparently calming down and asking Jared how that saying goes about "two strikes and you're out" (the first being that Kingdom kid).

Jared nervously says it's three strikes, and Negan stands corrected before giving Jared a Lucille swing across the jaw anyway. Jared is on the ground missing most of his teeth and goes to draw his gun on Negan, but Negan smacks it out of his hand with Lucille and tells him there's strike three before pulverizing his skull. So in the season 8 premier, the despondant Rick with the light reflecting on his face wasn't the present but the (real) near-future immediately after Carl gets killed, and the "flash-forward" is Rick fantasizing about what could've been. Come the mid-season premier, Rick is absolutely ruthless and isn't above brutalizing/interrogating any straggler Saviors the group comes across. He's also not too friendly with Jadis and The Scavengers, who don't seem to want anything to do with the war anymore. Negan is pretty shaken about Carl getting killed because he did genuinely like him, but he's also resolved to end the war once and for all and thinks the only way to do that is to decidedly make Alexandria submit. He strongarms The Scavengers into joining him in a two-episode battle at the end of the season (which cannibalizes Rick's comic line "you ever hear the one about the [stupid little prick named Negan] who brought a baseball bat to a gun fight, [mother]fucker" (purposeful throwback to "you ever hear the one about the stupid little prick named Rick..." and one of two "fucks" they're allowed per season)), and it plays out more or less how you'd expect. Negan gets taken down in a fight with Rick, The Scavengers are the first to desert, and Dwight orders the rest of The Saviors to retreat. Negan did grow to admire Rick's leadership and tenacity, and does once again let his guard down when Rick gives the speech about working together. He's also seems apologetic and almost cowardly, swearing the never wanted to hurt Carl and that he wasn't even going to go through with killing Carl before Shiva interrupted.

Rather, he claims he hoped it would scare Rick into submission. After Rick is about to poetically kill Negan with Lucille, Gabriel stops him and pleads with him not to kill Negan with the same "it's not about you" stuff as the season 8 premier. Rick sees all his allies watching and decides to imprison Negan, which Maggie and Michonne are not pleased about it. There's a vague scene where Daryl asks Dwight if he got what he asked for, and Dwight says yes. Daryl enters Negan's prison cell, throws him a dog food sandwich, and goes to leave, but not before putting down a radio playing Easy Street. Negan can't help but smirk. Rick mopes about Carl and wishes he still had Lori's photo album so Judith could know what her big brother and mother looked like. There's a stinger after the credits of the season 8 finale like the Morgan, Wolves, and Dick Brigade ones that might be missing from your VODs/torrents as usual. A couple survivors are rooting through Hershel's house looking for supplies, and one of them stops to look at Lori's photo album that got left behind there. It's mostly just happy photos of Rick, Lori, Carl, and Shane. His buddies warn him that the dead are clustering up outside and that it's time to go, so he discards the photo album on the floor and runs. The camera lingers before panning down to the album open on a page with a photo of Rick with Madison. Make of that what you will with all the talk of a crossover coming.

This shit could probably kill the show, with bastardizing the source material and then with normie audience probably pissed about Carl

Fuck you guys, I'm still not catching up on Fear

Would Abraham in season 4 tempt you? The ratings for Fear aren't what the higher ups expected, but it's reaching endgame soon and wouldn't have gone on any longer than that anyway.

i don't believe you, but i'd like if they did this. change it up. the show needs to do something.

>Hurr durr I'm an insider! I read the comic books and wrote some fan fiction.

The real spoiler is

Rick wakes up as Robert E Lee in 1861 and Neagan is Lincoln

L'me ask u sum'n Rick, you plannin on free'n those slaves?

Cripple rickers in the house tonight

>FOUR SCORE AND 7 YEARS AGO
>YOUR DADDY PUT ON HIS SHITTIN PANTS
>ARE YOU WEARING YOURS?

They are in Virginia right? It all makes sense now.

Thats what they said about walker in the first few seasons and guess what happened?

You think you got the numbers for this fight there, city boy?

Just watch Season 3, far better than anything on TWD for years.
bastardizing the shitty source material is what this stagnant show needs

young children (under 6-10 years old) very rarely age at the their natural rate in TV shows, the only case I can think of where that happened was Mary-Kate and Ashley on Full House
usually they replace the infant with an older kid at some point, and then replace that kid with another older one later, and maybe a third replacement later for good measure
when they do that they usually jump ahead, because that's the main reason to replace them: so you can have someone that's more capable of acting
doing this is probably a sign they're not going to kill off Judith

cant these fuckers tell story from start to finish anymore...all these fucking flashbacks and flashforwards are fucking retarded and it isnt clever in the least

This show fucking sucks I never watched it past the first 2 or 3 episodes but I read all the way to the Governor parts so sub issues 1-9 maybe.

I think the only think more retarded than this show are the people who have watched it this long.

>as well as the choice of music
so you're telling me the song "Another One Rides the Bus" is significant to the plot of one of the most popular TV shows of the last decade?
that's bullshit but I want to believe it