Does Anyone Else Find Smoky Quartz' Design a little off?

Like, her arms are too small or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZU_0vDqrFk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk
youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY
youtu.be/sg29Sa6QFes
youtu.be/jyzNP8IUs2g
youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>still no motor agate/Detroit agate

It's not a bad design, it just has a bad palette.

This, but also Sucrose's sketches were better than the production design.

She's meant to be fucked because she's part human/part defective Amythest.

>She's meant to be fucked
Don't do it Greg, that's nasty.

She's fusion of two short fat characters with bad self esteem, one of which is weird hybrid and the other is physically defective from birth.

Of course she's gonna be ugly.

Much better with thicker and longer arms. I knew it.

But does she have to be that fucked?

those arent longer arms, they're longer legs. the arms are the same

She's only existed what, twice.

Remember how Garnet looked when she first fused?

Good point user, I guess the show pretty much addresses her disappointing nature in universe so I can't complain too loudly.

Okay but for real here does she have a penis

Why would she have a penis?

This. I don't know I'd say ugly but certainly different and unexpected. I didn't like the design either at first but it kind of grew on me.

Seeing as that's an exclusively manmade gem caused by dense paint layering, I could only see it happening if there were a subplot with human-created artificial gems made by some organization reverse engineering kindergarten tech.

And since humankind is essentially just background noise to the writers, that definitely will never happen.

That looks way better then what we got

Imagine some sort of alien 51 outfit attaching gem shards to robots?

youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk
If Garnet is the embodiment of a lesbian relationship, then Smokey Quartz embodies rampantly incestuous relationships.

Why are you reposting the OP video?

The tights coming out of the pants look like it's wearing knee-braces.

>a little off?
Nigga, she's a fucking hideous abomination and without question the worst design in the show, I mean I guess that was the intention though.

Because I'm an indiot and I didn't read the entire post.

That video looks familialr.

It's by E;R senpai. The Alt-Right Fascist Nazi responsible for these thuper duper racist hate speech vids:
youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY
youtu.be/sg29Sa6QFes
youtu.be/jyzNP8IUs2g
youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ

As you can see from they sacrificed most of the design because half the people working on the show are incompetent and can't draw anything with too much design without fucking something up horribly. Also they made Smoky Quartz a literal joke by making them a bloated balloon animal. What they did was

>Gives them short hair because long hair would make their fat goofy body look less fat and goofy
>Gives them a "hilariously" small t-shirt to make them look even fatter than they already are
>Gives them stupid stubby Cotton Hill-tier legs to put even more emphasis on how fat and silly they are

I'm surprised that they decided to make fat character as a joke, considering who their most vocal audience is. I'm almost positive it wasn't supposed to be this much of a joke, but the people that boarded the episode were incompetent goofs. The next episode they appeared in made them look much better.

Her design is just unpleasant. A short, stocky loudmouth with grey skin and a third arm at a disturbing angle is just not something I want to see.

I know... I said that because the OP posted the same video.

I like her personality and I thought her yo-yo weapon was cute, but the concept and design is just gross.

I just hope they improve it like they did with Steven.

That actually looks really good.

I like that concept art posted above. She'd be fine if her proportions were more balanced. You can have a fat character that looks fine so long as the rest of them is just as big.

Steven is a chubby human/gen hybrid- that gem also being one of the bulkiest kinds.

Amethyst is another bulky gem, but she's deformed from staying in the ground too long.

They both have low self esteem issues and bad health habits. Combining these two was bound to go like this.

Not all first time fusions look like shit...

Sucrose is a much better artist than anyone else on her staff.