LOL

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never saw a 90s kid complaining that the 90s arent the 80s.

But I think that you are on the wrong site OP.

All of those people who posted on music comments on Youtube things like "THIS IS WHY I WAS BORN ON THE WRONG GENERATION" grew up and are on 4cha now, complaining about millenials and what young people like.

nobody in the 90's missed the 80's. the whole point of the 90's was "haha we aren't the 80's anymore"

Why is that baby not actually connected to the cord

but millennials are people above 30

I never said that Sup Forums uses the term correctly.

To be honest, I think that the most common characteristic of millenials is that they fucking LOVE to complain and creating huge narratives where they are opressed.

Be it SJW or Sup Forumsfags, ots mostly a millenial x millenial thing too.

Can someone explain to be from what period of time of what age are Millennials, because i've seen people call millennial people on their 20's

1980-1995 or so.

People in college to their early thirties.

Are you a 90's kid if you were born 1990?

Millennials are people that specifically are not you, who do a bunch of shit that doesn't make as much shit as the logical way you used to do things.

I describe millennials as people born this millennium.

That's as retarded as saying people born in the 90's are 90's kids.

That's wrong

Technically people born between 1980- mid 1990s early 2000s.
On Sup Forums it just means "people I don't like".

>early 2000s
no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
>and the United States Census Bureau uses 1982–2000
>Demographers William Straus and Neil Howe define Millennials as born between 1982–2004
Yes.

Definitions change retard. The term wikipedia defines it as is outdated

Then provide a source that proves your point.

Then what are people born in the last 18 years called? I honestly don't know.

Fun fact: a fetus spends most of its time in the womb crying.

you're welcome.

Millenials are people who you, personally, disagree with.

Generation Z is the current placeholder, much like Y was used before everyone agreed with Millennial.

Wait, are you telling me 90s kids are millenials? I thought it was people born after the 90s? I.e. 95-onwards?

so what's the post 2004 gen gonna be called?

I was born in 95, but my dad was too cheap to buy anything better than windows 98 until 2005 and we never had cable so I identify as a 90s kid.

Back in my day kids went outside sometimes blah blah blah...

Here's something you need to understand about the term Millennials and all generational names: They are terms created by writers to get rich and play people for fools. They are fiction writers and documentary authors that are aware how so many broken souls need an "us vs them" in their lives as well as that hungering need most people suffer of wanting to be special or at the very least "better" than those around them. Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe created the term millennial all the way back in 1987 and have the term trademark that any sold book or media that wants to use that term has to pay them. The age gap is a mess and one can be as born as early as 1976 and the latest being 1995. Their idea for the name is this generation will be "old enough to witness and remember the turn of the century" That's it.
For a deeper understanding of this garbage: Hungarian photographer, Robert Capa coined the term "Generation X" in a photo essay, where he was making a commentary that the generation was growing up around job uncertain and a cloudy future(sound familiar?). a few years later a Canadian author, Douglas Coupland basically stole the idea and ran with it in a novel titled 'Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture' this book was a media hit because it was basically saying the up and coming generation was spoiled, entitled and scared (again, sound familiar?). It was such a media success that it lead to all living generations at the time to get a name and books were pouring out of the wood works about generations and marketed the same way horoscope books are made and there has been a rat race ever since of naming(and trademarking) the next generation title for fame and profits.

tldr: You are a huge fucking tool if you use generational terms as a way to define others.

No, millennials are people born between the early 80's and the late 90's. There are still millennials in their twenties right now.

...And I never stopped.

>so I identify as
That's not how any of that shit work. You were born and have experience that relate to the times, you having old technology and lack of it doesn't exclude you from social standings, political climates and media buzzes of the time. Also 2005 would make you 10 and quickly brand you in the 00s.

>the late 90's
no. the critera for millenial is to have been able to be alive and aged enough in the year 2000 to make it a turning point of your existence. toddlers aren't in that bracket.

And yet there is a major disconnect in the culture between the millennials that lived through the 90s and those who didn't.

That's every group. I'm old enough (48) to have seen this play out 4+ times and it's always the same, each decade of that persons youth was better and they just didn't get the current generation and thought they were worse then them when the hard reality is all of them were the same human garbage, we just like the smell of the garbage we grew up with.
youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY