youtube.com/watch?v=qBazi-Fkm_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

quips

I wouldn't

Event Horizon came out near 20 years before Dead Space, dude

Idris Elba

>take animated film
>make it live action
>make a few twists to the script so I can claim it as my own and screw the original writer out of a credit

we get /our/ boy Gosling to be Isaac

might work as a prequel, the animated one wasn't that good

The Thing in space.

It would play to his strengths.

that'd be a great fit since Isaac never speaks anything besides grunts

>man in space is isolated, then a spooky xeno monster jumps out!

wow, I bet it would totally be an original, interesting movie and not just the same bullshit that has been spammed since Alien, which did it first and better than it has been done since.

we don't need this unless the director is going to pull some experimental shit that subverts this yawnstrocity of a trope. and they won't, because hollywood, which this movie needs, won't fund it to be anything more than normieb8.

2 hours of this

i never played it so i wouldnt give any fucking shit about making a dead space movie maybe thats how you would feel too if you didnt play it

you ever played RE4, it's like that but in space + isolation

does it look like i played either of those

you're just a line of text so that is hard to say

I have unironically not met a single person that doesn't know what RE4 is, unless you are really young.

>youtube.com/watch?v=qBazi-Fkm_Q
>that sound design

FUCKING KINO

Alien but lamer

>such horror benchmarks as [...] Escape From New York

As long as its not CGI like the Thing remake

>such horror benchmarks as [...] Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

That's not the way ellipses are supposed to work in a quote. You don't just make up whatever you want after them.

Well, yeah. That wasn't the joke.

With lights, and actors, and cameras and other stuff

Would essentially just be a larger scale mixture of Evil Dead and The Thing. I wouldn't produce it or direct it, I love cinema but not enough to handle that beast.

John Carpenter directs, not sure whom I'd get to write it. Maybe I'd find some of the old writers from the 1st/2nd Dead Space games.

Poorly, probably

Is RE4 the one where Leon goes into a trench and there's a huge zombie monster at the end and it starts coming your way, and you have to back away and kill it before it kills you? It's been so long I played it, I don't really remember much of it. I also remember a zombie village and a guy with a chainsaw.

Basically the plot of the first game, but with extended flashbacks during pivotal points that explore how the Ishimura came across the planet and the marker and Unitology and how shit went down.

(Spoilers ahead for the game obviously)

Jump right into it with the Kellion crashing on the Ishimura and discovering the necromorphs immediately. Issac is the only one with gear, so goes to engineering to find weapons and finds the iconic CUT OFF THEIR LIMBS message. We see how Stasis works as he clears the tram, allowing Hammond and Kendra to get to the bridge. Issac heads to med bay for spooky scenes in the morgue so he can get the lockdown codes off Captain Matthius' corpse. With the lockdown over, they discover how the outbreak started on Aegis VII. Flashback to this and Matthius, a Unitologist, discovering the Marker.

Oxygen levels drop due to Wheezers in Hydroponics, so Issac heads there and meets the crazed Dr. Mercer, informing him of the colony experiments and the creation of The Hunter, leading to more flashbacks (including a tease of how Unitology started with the first Wheezer found on Earth.) Mercer releases The Hunter, but Issac flees, locking it in food storage. Combining a few chapters, Kendra tells Issac to head to Mining Bay to launch an S.O.S. beacon, where he finds Nicole, who helps him with the beacon. Necromorphs force them to flee, and Issac traverses the hull of the ship, discovering The Corruption. He launches the beacon in the Kellion, but not before a Brute attacks, forcing him to launch it along with the ship.

The USM Valor makes contact, but unknowningly picks up the Kellion, leading to an outbreak and the battleship to crash into the Ishimura. Issac navigates the chaos inside the Valor, joining a marine squad to find escape shuttles. Just as they do, the Brute kills the marine and Hammon, who had been told by Kendra that Issac was dead, appears and sacrifices himself so Issac can launch. Issac is contacted by Dr. Kyne, who tells him his previous intention of destroying the ship to quarantine the outbreak, and of his new vision that the Marker can subdue the necromorphs if returned to the planet, leading to another flashback of the argument they had when Matthius brought the Marker aboard.

Issac docks and makes his way through the Commons, where he discovers increasingly disturbing ritualist acts of Unitology sacrifice. He gets to the Cargo Bay and witnesses the impressive Marker for the first time, leading to a final flashback of the initial outbreak on the ship. Transferring it to the Flight Deck, he tells Kyne to meet him there, only for Mercer to find him instead and allow himself to be killed by The Hunter. Issac engages in battle where his suit is damaged, finally managing to lure it behind the shuttle and blasting it with the engine burners, killing it. He laments that the shuttle's fuel is nearly depleted now.

Kendra appears with Kyne before shooting him in the back, reactivating the quarantine, and revealing she is a government agent tasked with retrieving the Marker. She explains that this Marker was engineered as a copy of the one on Earth and put on Aegis VII as an experiment, abandoned until the Ishimura illegally mined it. As Kendra flees with the Marker in tow, Nicole shows up and tells Issac she can remotely pilot the shuttle, much to his surprise. Kendra flees on the emergency pod, as the pair take the Marker back down to Aegis VII Colony.

I'd ban underage neogaffers then not make a shitty fucking game into a movie

Nicole informs him of the "Dead Space" the Marker creates to suppress any nearby necromorphs and the platform scientists created to amplify the effect. As Issac diverts power from the gravity tethers holding up the chuck of planet the Ishimura cracked, Nicole loads the Marker onto a track. Kendra reappears, having piloted her pod and tells Issac he's crazy, revealing Nicole's suicide and him talking to himself across various video logs. As she prepares to reload the Marker, the Hive Mind reveals itself and kills her with a tentacle, then grabbing Issac. After a dramatic scene where Issac blasts its "eyes" and cuts through a CGI tentacle with an energy saw, he uses Kinesis to shove the Marker onto the pedistal.

As he escapes the crumbling planet, the shuttle runs out of fuel and he drifts in open space. Finally, do the ending scene where he removes his helmet and Nicole's "ghost" attacks him.

Post-credits scene, government officials are overheard talking about successfully retrieving the Marker, and, when asked about the status of Issac, informed it should be discussed in private.

I wouldnt. ever

who would win between necromorphs and the thing.

Tweak the story but keep all the cool guns and creatures.

>Maybe I'd find some of the old writers from the 1st/2nd Dead Space games.
Nah the writing was generic at best

>neogaf
How to spot a Sup Forums sheep