Why are X-wings so awesome while TIE fighters suck?

Why wouldn't the Empire/First Order just spam X-wings instead? Pretty sure they can make better ones than the underfunded Rebellion/Resistance.

>hurr the plans were stolen

And?? China stole F-35 plans from America, did America suddenly lose the capacity to manufacture F-35s?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_the_Aztec_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I especially like that the xwing can perfectly shoot three stormtroopers 20 feet apart while flying in a straight line

The Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers are expendable. The Tie Fighters are also built for speed and maneuverability. Look at Japan planes during world war 2 when compared to the other nations.

>did America suddenly lose the capacity to manufacture F-35s?
*inhales*

Zeros were top tier across the board in the initial years of WW2. They just became obsolete with not enough industrial capacity to make significant upgrades over the course of the war.

This. The F-35 is trash and barely flies. They have problems with pilots not being able to stay conscious while flying them. It's a huge money drain, designed from the beginning to give fat contracts without a finished product.

That is true. They still had shit for armor but again that could also be contributed to Japan having shitty steel.

deliberate weight-saving is most of it

Empire wrecked shit in all the vehicle scenes though. Rebels had to retreat or get lucky every single time.

This. There are extensive EU documents on imperial vs rebel battle doctrine.

The Empire isn't even tooled to fight large rebel fleets. The majority of their navy is designed to suppress criminal activity and bring planets into compliance.

The empire is very large. If you're just a random TIE pilot the likelihood you'll ever see serious combat is so low it makes the career look very attractive.

I am so sick of the US military being a cash cow for defense industry kikes and a jobs program for women and niggers.

That tends to be what happens when you out number the enemy by such a large amount.

>Came to discuss X wings.
>Found autistic star wars nerds that are not completely ignorant of ww2.
They also lost most of their experienced pilots and didn't have a training regiment focused on making more. They kept good pilots in the front instead of retiring them to the rear to train new pilots.

X wings had consumables for 7 days. Where did the pilots piss//shit?

Imperial Naval fleet doctrine was about overwhelming force and revolved around capital ships like Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, and expensive weapons platforms like the Death Star I & II.

The rebels couldn't fight toe-to-toe with the Imperial Navy that way, so their doctrine called for a different type of space superiority fighter than the TIE fighter, which existed in a more support role for the capital ships.

Assume it would be their space suit. We already have suits with built in filtration so it doesn't seem farfetched to think they would have an improved version of that.

An improved space suit that can remove a week's worth of fecal matter?

ME109's were superior to spitfires on paper too, how did that work for Germany? Why didn't Germany build spitfires?

They have fighters that can dog fight in space, lazer swords, and moon size battle stations. Is it that hard to believe?

TIE fighters wreck rebel shit most of the time, or are at least shown to be on par. Look at ANH and ROTJ. I don't know what the fuck was going on with the FO's fighters

7 day supply of jars

How have fighters not been replaced by droids in the Star Wars universe? Why doesn't the Empire spam the quip droid from RO? Why did every military in the galaxy stop using droids after the clone wars when they were the most effective fighting force?

>Trusting AI to be an effective peacekeeping force

Because people don't trust robots after a robot apocalypse. Sheev didn't want the droids either, it was just a false flag to gain power. To adapt droids into the empire would be flaunting the enemy in front of the citizens.
They didn't use quipbot because Rogue One is poorly thought out and Quipbot is a droid in body only.

Their AI wasn't advanced enough to be effective.

x-wings are primarily offensive ships so that's how they are built, tie fighters are primarily defensive and meant to protect capital ships so that's how they are built.

basically quantity over quality is the tie strategy, and quality over quantity is the x-wing strategy.

New order TIE fighter is the only good design from episode 7. It makes sense if the empire was reduced to a paramilitary organization that they'd take old tech and paint it edgy.

>droids
>most effective fighting force
Did the CIS win a single engagement? The Clones kicked their ass, and the Stormtrooper program is an adaptation of the Clone trooper one

>new order
First* order. Whatever, VII is garbage

Except for a galaxy-spanning empire, that doctrine literally makes no sense. You should be able to span massive quantities of quality.

wtf are you talking about OPfaggot,
both X-wings and TIE fighters are great.
did you not have toys as a kid? the level of detail on TIE fighters was excellent. they also make cool sounds.

Sexy as fuck.

if you want to get technical it's cannon for tie fighters to not be able to stray too far from their home ship, they aren't equipped for long range.

the empire is unmatched and they don't need squadrons of long range fighters to survive. they just need star destroyers that are protected by ties for when a x-wing squadron rolls up on them.

what's the spaceship equivalent of a pickup truck with a gun welded into the bed?

That suicidal A-wing pilot from ROTJ

Going by The Clone Wars series the Clones lost a lot

Yeah it's like, the Rebels ultimately win and we see a bunch of heroes like Luke or Wedge surviving all the time, but the Rebel X-Wing squadrons pretty much get wiped every major engagement.

Being marginally better than Tie Fighters doesn't help that much when every time an X-Wing dies it's a much bigger blow to the Rebels than losing a Tie is to the Empire.

Still doesn't make sense for their TIEs not to have FTL drives just in case. I chalk it up to "budget constraints" - same as why Vader's suit was so shitty.

They're not designed to fight away from bases or capital ships. I think Obi-wan says that immediately when they run into one seemingly in deep space in the original movie

>add another major subsystem which takes power and adds weight "just in case"
they also dont have life support systems.
Also, if I remember correctly from the EU, Vader's suit was purposefully shitty to cause him constant pain and fuel his anger.

That's what they did even in the old canon, it's just more of the time it was enough to work against the rebels, and when it wasn't they used Tie interceptors in episode 6.
>rebel technology doesn't advance despite controlling the galaxy for 30 years
>first order technology is weaker than ROTJ despite making super death stars with a tenth of the resources of the original empire

>citing the EU for anything character related

No hyperdrive means less mass means better acceleration at sublight. Rebel fighters are slower and get rekt because they don't have enough capital ships to support them.

I think it's nu-canon via one of the comics now, Sheev gave him some shitty proprietary gear that forced him to rely on the empire whenever it needed maintainance, like Apple.

When Cortez made it to the new world one of his men wanted to seize a ship and mutiny. Cortez had the men hung and order the ships burned. That way his soldiers had no way home.

If your star destroyer is attacked and you have no hyperdive, minimal life support, and a fighter that is worthless alone, you'd probably be loyal and fight as if your life depended on it.

The Empire worked using fear not just on the outlying planets but also on its subjects and military. If each Tie had a hyperdrive they could defect.

EU; not even once. Don't care if it's NuCanon or old.

why don't you want to buy Disney comics,toys,gamesplushcinimeanimeactionkikefundinglegofunplaytoys?

Grievous and Saw Gerrera are both augmented after horrible injuries and are still pretty fucked. I know there's some clone wars cartoon reason for Grievous' cough, but it's well established that augments don't work well in the Star Wars movie canon at least.

INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER

Fuck off you Rebel scum !

Thats just filming thing in general capturing those specific points a pilot gets shot down. The rebels in the grand scheme actually do very well despite being out numbered.

Because all you need to do is destory their "mothership" and all of them are disabled.

TOO LATE

>burned
Then how did he make it back to Spain or call for reinforcements?

Impossibru! Japanese steer forded 1 mirrion times, superior to Western steer!

I dunno if you are kidding or not but technically they were "scuttled"

you know what...fuck these threads.

they just make me sad that we'll never have a proper star wars space-combat game again...

And they got reinforcements and word back to Spain how?

>spending hours of comfy time getting gold medals and unlocking all the ships in Rogue Squadron

God that game had a lot of replay value

Don't mind me, just being better than literally every fighter ever made. I've even got my own fucking tractor beam!

holy shit read the wiki if you want more info
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_the_Aztec_Empire

rip in peace

How the fuck does that thing land?

Vertically.

I want you to tell me.

Star Wars is a metaphor

X-Wings and Rebells are about the awesome individual
Tie-Fighters and Stormtroopers are about expendable faceless minions.

In Rebels the TIE Fighters are carried into combat using Gozanti combat freighters all the time.

Ties are alright.

it's warriors vs soldiers.
jedi are the retards with swords.
imperials have more modern guns.
They only don't get assraped because muh eastern magic is real lol.

Probably because he's a brain, heart and lungs. Literally.

His rib cage was partially crushed by Mace Windu in a previous fight, that's why he coughs.

Because X-wings are piloted by the good guys and Tie Fighters are piloted by the bad guys.

In the flight sim video games X-wings ware generally superior to TIE fighters in stats but ware BTFO by Advanced TIEs from what I remember.

Good shooting!...Mu...2...Primary mission objectives achieved

Advanced x2 and Defender were designed as superiority fighters in answer to the X and later A-wing's agility, but only saw limited production since the front of a galactic guerilla war is too big for them to be as cost effective as the standard TIE.

LIVE FAST
DIE YOUNG

>and then some egghead invented space drones, and that's why I ain't got a job anymore

LIVE FASTER
DIE YOUNGER

>what kinda ship u want senpai

lolnoshields

Shields are for slow faggots. I can outrun death itself.

Also no qt droid to keep you company on long missions. Can't break comm silence just to shit talk your squadmates.

He built new ships and sent one to Cuba and got reinforcements

>life support: food, air and water for a week in space
>no biological waste containment
There's no way the flight suit could handle 7 days worth of shit and piss.

Just vent it out into space.

Right? I have two bathrooms and sometimes I'll just shit in front of my house.

It's part of the glory of having a 6 foot fence.

Why's R2's head the nose cone?

there's something liberating about reliving yourself out in the open

>Clones won
>implying
Palpatine was behind the scenes the entire time manipulating the war so his grand army would be left over to rule the galaxy when he usurped power, in an actual war situation the clones would have lost the CIS could produce ships and droids way faster

always thought tea fighters were the modern ships and x-wings are the salvaged from trash cans by homeless rebels. No wonder SW is shit

X-Wings being vastly superior to tie fighters is mostly a video game thing to give the player (who is probably flying an x-wing or some other rebel fighter) a massive advantage over the swarms of tie fighters he will be expected to shoot down. (Even in games like TIE Fighter where you play as Imperials you stop flying the jobber ships a few missions in before you gain access to super duper prototype elite ships that are way better than anything else I guess Luke and them were just lucky were never actually deployed at a battle they were in) A lot of in-universe justification for this has been worked back into questionably canon lore for autists, but in the movies themselves tie-fighters are never really shown to be all that inferior to rebel ships.

>*blocks ur path*

its literally all id ever want from a new star wars game

>t. vatnik
If the f-35 is trash, what does it make literally everything else? Nothing can touch it in BVR. Certainly not 0.3m^2 rcs slavshit """stealth"""

If folding the steel was how Japan made their shit steel useable, what would happen if you folded quality steel?

I don't think X-Wings are shown to be more durable than Ties in any of the movies. They take hits and go down, just like Ties.

The only indication that they're tougher comes from the trench run sequence when Luke takes a hit and keeps going. But he's the hero, so you can't really extrapolate anything. He obviously has plot armor anyway.

Since Star Wars core fanbase is primarily autistic and autistic people are unable to recognize that larger than life modern mythologies don't take place in a cogent and consistent universe with rules, its logical that the IP would need to retroactively make fluff to appease weirdos that look for in-universe excuses for plotholes.

Wedge and Luke are the only ones who don't blow apart.

All you'd ever want is Rogue Squadron? Go buy it then it's probably cheap as shit.

So this wedge extra character didn't blow apart so EU spergs wrote an entire series of books about him as some sort of extreme top gun ace? God starfaggots are so pathetic.

If we were to envision futuristic spaceships today, then they'd probably have no windows. Inside the ship, the walls would be computer monitors that either use cameras to display the outside, or just render it in hyperrealistic 3D.

>navy
Never heard this with reference to spaceships, is it commonly used?