Oh my gosh!

>Oh my gosh!
>Oh my goodness!

lmao white ppl really talk under pretenses of God actually existing

Fuck God you brainlet.

every civilized person acts as though god exists whether they know it or not

>Le sky fairy is protecting me

Goodness friggin' dern it, who the fuck let the 14 year old girl facebookers in

I say this. Used to think it was really cool to curse every second word too.

he is, heathen

Dumb atheist poster

>darn
>dang it

I'm not actually an atheist I just play one on Sup Forums

>eff that!
>holy crap

Dumb christfag

>Le no first cause.
>Le the only conceptualisation of God is one found in a religious text, and because parts of them are factually false, God doesn't exist.

>americans think "damn" is a swear word

Good thread.

>flipping heck!

gosh dooping darn it!

Why do christians think substitute swear words are alright?

The bible doesn't explicitly say that using swear words are a sin. Even if you believe that it's a sin to say arbitrary words that didn't exist at the time of the bible, why should substitute words be fine to say? Using a substitute word only makes people think of the word you subbed out, and the emotions behind its utterance are the same
There are plenty of situations where the words traditionally considered to be swears won't even cause offense to anyone listening

I say "golly" in real life a lot. I also say "I don't give a darn."

yeah but brits think fanny is a bad word

I say gosh, I say golly, gadzooks, criminy, and blimey

Silly, vain words are the thing that Paul specifically writes against in Romans or 1st Corinthians. Generally the idea is that this applies to much more than just “swearing”, and you are right that substituting it is just stupid

the whole concept of swear words is fucking retarded
>you should be offended at the utterance of these syllables just because

This meme is officially you killed it. GG OP.

Have fun burning in hell : ^)

>let no man deceive you with vain words
some translations use 'empty'
I don't see how swear words are meant to be relevant to deception, which is what he's talking about here

>gosh darn diddly
>formally fucks

>OH MY...

>civilized

>oh gods!

>holy cow!

It's not a bad word, it just doesn't belong in polite conversation.

why?

>monkey-fighting!
>monday-to-friday!

Because you don't talk about vaginas, especially using slang terms, in good company.

>see you next tuesday

>Le Bill Nye the science God

I actually have run into people who say this.
I have no fucking idea what their deal is. Autistic larpers spilling into real life?

>G*d-damn son of a bitch assh*les
Can someone please explain this to me?

I find that this happens around people who lived around Christfags either family or friends who get bitchy about saying "God" or "Jesus Christ"

Either that or they're fantasy weirdos like you surmised.

>jews!
how is this allowed?

The entire premise of your post is a straw man.

What one person may consider a substitution another person may not. And swear words can definitely be ranked in their potential for offensiveness, so the higher up the scale, yeah it probably doesn't need a sub.

desu I think it's okay to swear so long as it's not in Hebrew, Greek, or Latin, and you can't really swear in those languages anyway (Modern Hebrew doesn't count). "God damn" is fine because "God" isn't His actual name. "Jesus H. Christ" is fine because it's clearly a made-up name, as Christ is not a surname, nor did anyone have middle names in the era

I go to church and hear people occasionally say "flip", "shoot", "gosh", etc. But they say "crap" sometimes though - for whatever reason, that's where they draw the line

this is literally what Americans do.

Do you say nigger in public?

when Ive had a drink, but its safe enough as I dont live in a black nation like America.

>eurofag
Do you say “Islam is shit” in public?

Because they're limp dicked faggots.

I'm not american, the word doesn't have the same historical significance
I still don't say it though because our country has become americanized and people still police its use. My parents don't hesitate to say nigger rather than "the n word" when talking about the word existentially, however they never use it as an expletive

They're Terry Pratchett fans, mainly.

all the time, but only in conversation. I live in a town in north England which is free of that crap (for now)

>it's a Sup Forums thread

You don’t say it because it’s considered offensive. Though it’s not a word that the Bible deems as “sinful”. See where am I going here. You’re implying that Christians are the cause of certain words being taboo. Completely fallacious argument that quickly falls apart under scrutiny. “Fuck” and “shit” are words that refer to unsightly acts and a civilized society decided that certain words would be taboo. Has nothing to do with the Bible of Christians.

Christians treat swearing as if it's a sin. Racial slurs are not the same as regular 'obscenities'
Fact is swear words are losing their cultural offense - plenty of news articles from major publications these days use uncensored swear words in the headlines, for example. They're not the major taboo they were 50 years ago - especially in the younger generations, next to nobody is offended by them

YAG SBARRO

not you

now that's quality

>I will destroy you!
>I will exterminate you!
>I will eradicate you!

>driver...MOVE THAT BUS
>huaaaaa OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. WOW. OH MY GOOOOOOOD. OH MY GOOOD