Is it me, or were 50s-60s comics really freaking bad?

>comic based on one gag (wow, she's fat and eats a lot) spammed over and over and over
So funneh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UspZHscP3JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FLNZrLlvwvE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's bearmode, faggot. Hit the weights, take a shower, and drink some fucking milk.

No one can convince me this wasn't the original THICCfag comic book.

Thanks to that Wertham shithead, comics in the 50s became pretty tame and sterile. If you count the first appearance of Superman as the true beginning of comics (since before that it was a medium only comprised of reprints of strips) then it was barely a twelve year old medium-- video games barely got decent plots if you want to count things like Chrono Trigger and such in twelve years since their conception-- before censorship brought it's ugly ass hammer down.

During it's initial decade, comics were branching out into other, unexplored genres before the Comics code. And with that avenue blocked off for a few decades more, unless you were Will Eisner or Walt Kelly, it was pretty fucking hard to do *anything* but banal garbage that was easily forgotten, or you were over at DC thinking up all the weird shit Superman was getting into.

Marmaduke and Peanuts were pretty edgy.

And it somehow lasted 120 issues.

I'm in the process of going through the original Dell/Gold Key/Whitman iteration of Turok and it's pretty damn good for a "comics code approved" era book. Though you can't go wrong with a premise about native americans fighting off dinosaurs

You can tell that this lazy artist just studied a bunch of pinup posters because they look like shrunken pinup models rather than kids.

archie likes all kinds of girls. Good for him

Children are surprisingly hard to draw, realistically that is, as opposed to cartoony.

YOU QUESTION THE AUTHORITY, YOU DEGENERATE COMMIE?
YOUNG AMERICANS SHALL AND WILL THINK AS WE WANT THEY TO DO!

Little Lotta looks exactly like someone I used to know.

Maybe I should draw some Little Lotta...

ouch

Soon: Approved by the INTERNET CODE AUTHORITY, PIPA-SOPA.
You elected trump. The joke is on you.

Do it user

>decent plots if you want to count things like Chrono Trigger

Why wouldn't I want to count Chrono Trigger? Best RPG Square ever made

Trump is banning Immigration from Somalia. I don't give a fuck what he does for the next 4 years

The CCA was inevitable anyway because the baby boom created a huge kid market and so it was simple economics that comic book companies would go where the money was.

do you interact with somalian immigrants more often than you interact with the world wide web

Pretty sure most of those covers wouldn´t fly today.
Bunch of pedos.

shit man, I would read Little Lotta.
lol, d'you see when that fat bitch broke the diving board?

Soon you will.

Any suggestions?

i dont like living with constant stress about the destruction of the internet like redditors do

if its so fragile its probably going to happen sooner or later anyway

Uhhhhh, getting a wedgie from running?

>Mitt says

Who cares?

Oh yeah what internet rights are we losing now? Seemed like that was happening every other week under Obama

They were bad and Harvey ones are the worst of the bunch.
Shitty characters, shitty art, shitty everything.

Didn't know richie was into polygamy, also him and lotta are RIPPED.

youtube.com/watch?v=UspZHscP3JQ

The tastes of the public haven't improved much OP, pic related.

More like LITTLE THICC

It wasn't overdone at that point.

bump

is that outstretched arm photoshopped? it looks... weird

Also based on an extremely unfunny one-note gag.

They revived it for another run in the early 90s. Still lazy as fuck and they couldn't even be bothered to update her outfit to look more contemporary.

It's a Jojo reference, Lotta is his Stand.

>he sensor net.
But he shut down the TPP.

Everying Harvey Comics made was shit and each character was based off exactly one gag.

Warren Kremer was their main artist, I guess he could be blamed for most of this stuff.

>it's one of those threads

Most of their characters also ripped off of existing franchises.

>Little Audrey
Little Lulu
>Herman & Katnip
Tom & Jerry
>Baby Huey
Junior Bear from the WB shorts
>Buzzy
Tweety Bird

Several of Harvey's characters were licensed from Famous Toons and actually Little Audrey was a deliberate ripoff of Little Lulu after FT lost the license for her and decided to create their own clone of the character.

As an adult, I finally figured out what Casper is supposed to represent, but as a kid I just thought he was a cute ghost dude that went on adventures.

It is kind of unnerving to think that someone could come up with the idea for this character.

Little Lulu, Little Dot, Little Audrey, Nancy. Literally all the same character and all complete shit.

Famous and Harvey agreed to a contract in 1951 to publish comics based on their characters, this agreement set the price of the comics, required at least six Little Audrey issues per year, and stipulated that Harvey could not run any lewd or offensive advertising in comic books with Famous characters. It allowed Harvey to use their own original characters in conjunction with Famous ones, and each issue had to be submitted to Famous for approval prior to publishing.

>Little Lulu
>Nancy
>shit
Shut your mouth.

You'd think "wiseass loli" would be a potentially great idea, but it seems to have always failed in execution.

Japan are the only guys who know how to do it the right way.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLNZrLlvwvE&feature=youtu.be

...elaborate.

>dead kid who's condemned to wander the Earth forever searching for other kids to be his friends, but nobody wants to befriend a ghost because scary

Peanuts yes. Marmaduke no.

I take it you never saw Marmaduke strips from the 50s. Those were pretty fucking raw in terms of what was being implied in them.

damn, she's nice. Saving this to fap to later

>Buzzy
>Tweety Bird
Bullshit, Buzzy was Rochester from the Jack Benny show.

Early Lulu was an evil child.

the original harem manga?

That's from TLC though, or "The Laughing at Channel", if you will.

fucktard
he shut that sort of shit down

Shut up and post more Little Lotta!

Wasn't she actually healthy until she decided to purposely become a hambeast? Wtf is wrong with her.

Gluttony, sloth, and rich parents that enables her to spend their money on becoming a certified dance instructor for a career and THEN gain 300 pounds in a year. Have you guys ever watched the show? Its basically her sitting down in an arm chair saying its not her fault she's fat while literally stuffing her face 24/7 while her dad looks on crying.

>it's a Karl becomes the fucking sun episode

Punishment!

>saxophone theme plays in head while watching that
i need help.

She looks like a freaking alien on that cover.

>no Little Lotta SJW reboot
Harvey's current owners are sitting on a goldmine.

No wonder this were so popular if the alternative was fucking Richie Rich.

Thats the only thing you got from that, but not that she has the strength of superman

You sound so precious.

Anyone who watches reality TV even ironically is an untermensch