Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5j0EjzK9lU
strawpoll.me/14235056
strawpoll.me/14235099
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35774/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sneed

What's Who with you?

Just started The Plotters. I'm only fifty pages in, but I already enjoy this more than I did The Eleventh Tiger or Venusian Lullaby. Meme what you will about Gareth, but his prose flows well and is super comfy.

So Peter Capaldi was in peep show as a uni professor. Peep Show is now canon to Doctor Who to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5j0EjzK9lU
discuss

What would you rather be triggered by? A dalek, a cyberman or a weeping angel?

how the fuck does he fuck up a scottish accent that badly

>it's a "describe the plot beat by beat with junior school level comprehension then give a star rating at the end" review

wow he still does that then. I wasn't gonna watch it once I saw this "story" he's built up.

I just skipped ahead a little bit and heard him explain the plot in his montone nasal voice then shut the video tbqh

So about that new P R O G R E S S I V E lineup of companions…

Doctor Who is dead.

Well well, look at the Last of the Time Lords pulling up in his fancy German TARDIS.

who is the strongest?
strawpoll.me/14235056

Who is not Ace?

cant remember her name, the asian chick from battlefield

hot

thought so but wasn't sure
i liked her, but then again i also liked that werewolf bitch from greatest show
7th doc has great one episode characters

comfy photo. :)

honestly, I see Ace interacting with any girl her age and im like: this is the couple of the year

there a high res one of that? it's pretty rare, never seen it before

is that a watchmen badge?

why didn't the doctor just put rose and jackie in the tardis on doomsday to prevent them from getting sucked into the void?

Nyssa a cute

thats the only version i have unfortunately. i cant remember where its from, but i think it was in a magazine initially. maybe taken from a pdf of dwm, not sure

>no higher resolution on reverse image search
:C

strawpoll.me/14235099

why didn't anyone else get sucked in anyway? cmon rusty, you're seriously telling me only rose was caught in the suction and got trapped? what about everyone else in the torchwood building? so literally every person in there found something to grip and held on, but no cybermen did?

got that right

it's because only people with background radiation from traveling through the void get sucked in.

was any of that necessary?

oh. in my defense i haven't seen the story in ages. my point about the cybermen still stands though

is anything neccessary? we r all just atoms duuuuuuuuuuuuuude

why didn't the tardis get sucked in? people have been able to lift up the tardis with less force before

Just like this image of Karen. Sad.

>they use turbocharged gravitational suckers on the wall because anything else would break due to the pull
>their arms don't break tho

What about all the narrow corridors and windows in the Torchwood building? How did they not get blocked by flying Cybermen and Daleks, preventing any further suction?

>Pete travels through the void to catch Rose(without having any way of knowing she was falling into it but that's unrelated)
>is able to stand in front of the hole without getting pulled in

tbqh you'd think they'd have some sorta hooks in their feet or something for bracing.

>is able to stand in front of the hole without getting pulled in
something-something their dimension jumping CD players only hop through space and not time and the dust only sticks when time travelling
IIRC

there were cybermen all over the world. some of them would've been as far away from torchwood as new zealand. if the pull of the void was indeed that immense you'd expect flying cybermen from those parts to accumulate so much energy that they would be white-hot on arrival. how did the torchwood building not catch fire and explode?

these cybermen fell into the ocean and drowned OR were pulled so hard then dug into the ground trying to go in a straight line and are now either buried or upgrading sleeping silurians
cybersilurian story arc for the 13th doc, mark my words

the cibbies time travelled? I don't want to rewatch this story guys.

it's still the most pitiful exit in the show that it came down to Rose not holding the fuck onto a thing. It's all she had to do. They didn't even have a cib grab her leg or something she just let go. Amy's a twig and she had to hold onto a thing with her eyes closed. she did fine.

>Rose in charge of not ruining everything

Based Nyssaposter

still a better departure episode than amy's

guys

what if the meme is that the doctor's name is actually john smith?

just repping my girl. been seeing a lotta guff for fivey and his f a m around here lately. I'm not gonna do anything about it but have some nyssas.

His full name is John Basil Theta Sigma Smith Who.

tfw 13th doc still calls herself john smith

Wish I could have seen the quality shitstorm the fandom had after they said that Theta Sigma was his real name

this had better actually happen

t. Bryan Fuller

Tell me about Edge!
Why does he play the 'rim!

Because I alt-tab out of games and then leave them running perpetually in the background all the time

Damn, are you me? I getcha.

>not setting your discord to show nothing so people don't laugh at you for the games you play

I think we have something else to laugh at now chum!

HAHAHAHAH CATS DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPOILER

of course i do. i use it all the time. dumb cletus

oh no no no...
*breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>tfw perpetually worried that some day discord will show what im looking at on the internet.

>the secret trip discord is real

>not using ctrl+s
I SAW THAT
>not liking skyrim
but muh doctor who mods
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35774/?

It's the curse of the Dovahkiin :(

granado espada

how to stop procrastinating /who/?

It's not, that implies there's a server, which there isn't. Some people just have each other on PMs, and that includes anons too. PM someone in the stream sometime if you want theirs.

>he doesn't use discord in his browser instead of the desktop app so it can't connect to steam

cats on suicide watch

Serious question. I watched I think the first whole season with the 11th doctor but couldn't stand him and Amy. Can i skip the rest besides the last episode with the 11th and pick up the 12th without losing a beat?

It's been known for a while. Plus one of the trips is a janitor. Pic related

>Get up, off your arse, and win!

fuck if I know, I've got my final exam tomorrow and even though I've held off on watching or playing anything I'm still shitposting all over Sup Forums

I KEEP TELLING YOU I DON'T KNOW WHY IT SHOWS THAT

Watch The Name of the Doctor (S7 finale), then The Day of the Doctor (50th anniversary special), then The Time of The Doctor (Matt's last episode). Then you can watch Capaldi's era without issue.

Cool thanks my dude, I'll do that tomorrow.

you didn't like his best season. 7B has super grown on me so I'm tempted to say try that. To get to know Clara at least, but if not yeah you can. 11s era is very self contained. ridiculously so. His last episode will make a bit of sense since you've seen S5 but a portion of it is feverishly tying up loose ends that you won't have to know about for 12.

shit, duh actually yeah. this. That's the only stuff you def can't skip.

Skipping Smith to get to Capaldi is like walking over a pile of vomit to step on a pile of dog doodie.

At that point, you're better off just watching something else entirely. Trust me, the writing doesn't get better from there. It only gets worse.

Cats' redemption arc, dolling out the good advice.
user could watch Night if he's invested in you-know-who at all but those 3 will definitely set up Capaldi well enough.

Capaldi is the best Doctor of the New Series. Would you kindly please return to TARDISposting?

i do the exact same thing, like ill close discord and steam and not watch anything but then ill just sit there doing nothing

strangely motivating

reminder

You can have the best actor of any movie or TV show and still have the episodes suck because of bad writers. Just so happens that Capaldi has the worst writing of any Doctor in the revived series.

Yeah nah just starting is the hard part. Convincing yourself "I'm just gonna do X productive thing for 10 minutes, then back to chilling on Sup Forums for an hour" helps because once you start it, a lot of the time you'll just keep going. It's the "eughrrrrr I'm gonna have to spend hours and hours to finish this shit, it's comfier to chill..." mindset that kills ya, at least in my experience. Just force yourself to start, trick yourself that you won't do it for long if you gotta, and that helps a lot, imo.

Didn't know Davison posted here

I used to be so motivated but since this is the second last subject of my degree and it's guaranteed I can't get a HD but will probably get a high D I've kind of lost motivation

Hey another Aussie, I was explaining our grading system to someone the other day and they seemed amused how simple it was compared to their one. I like ours honestly, pretty intuitive to understand.

>tfw got the best marks in the year i disliked the most

Hope you get the marks you're gunning for

When was the last time the John Smith thing was actually said?

yeah the subjects im doing this semester make it really hard to be motivated to get anything other than a pass or credit aside from my main programming class. what degree are you doing?

is the grading system standardized across every uni?

In Aus? Mostly...Fail/Pass/Credit/Distinction/HighDistinction holds across most places, although the percentages that determine that vary a bit with some states.

Just finished The Visitation. Pretty solid. Definitely didn't like it as much as Kinda, which is the only other Davison story I've truly liked so far.

Nyssa is ridiculously based in this story, it's almost like it's specifically written to demonstrate how she's more in control than even the Doctor is at the moment. I still think Tegan and Adric kind of suck (sorry, Davisonanon) but Tegan's getting better. 7/10
Black Orchid next. I'm fucking stoked for a pure historical after all this time.

>didn't like it as much as Kinda, which is the only other Davison story I've truly liked so far.
Kinda and Caves are his only (TV) ones that ever really resonated with me. But there are still plenty of good moments in a lot of his other eps. I hope you enjoy Black Orchid!

I'm glad you appreciate Kinda! Truly the most L Y N C H I A N offering the show's ever produced.

Unironically true! I even have it on DVD, I love it so much.

which is the best big finish audio thats on spotify? im looking for something to listen to on the train

Jubilee, imo

I watched the making of documentary immediately after I finished it. The writer seems like a really cool guy. Got to love Eric Saward calling it "lazy", though. Sigh...

Chimes of Midnight and Seasons of Fear are also really good. The Holy Terror. Doctor Who and The Pirates. Davros. Master.

Yeah I know right? Would have been interesting for the show to go more down thar road

Black Orchid is great and probably the closest the Doctor and friends have gotten to actual onscreen downtime. It's quintessential comfy so don't expect much from the plot. and Adric is particularly enjoyable for once?

And I'm not bothered, disliking Tegan and Adric are p widely held views. For whatever reason that stuff was never obtrusive for me. I don't really have a solid defense for Fivey's era I just like it, and his audios, a lot.

Nyssa looks like Björk in that picture