Is this shit any good? I've seen bits and pieces, but I'm not sure if I should bother with the series

Is this shit any good? I've seen bits and pieces, but I'm not sure if I should bother with the series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BqOsvj00
youtube.com/watch?v=XYS-YMTOj-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TfVdkhvQX6g
imdb.com/title/tt0582559/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

better than jewfeld or friends desu
>no clip show episodes

>is this shit any good
I should throw some tossed salad and scrambled eggs in your face

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BqOsvj00

It's very good. The show is a balanced combination of cleverness and heartfeltness, and though it doesn't surpass Seinfeld in terms of actual humor, you root for the characters and it's fun.

it's the devolved spin-off of a supremely comfy and amusing show, but still worth watching, if nothing better is on or available

I just want to know why they did the last season of Cheers. Every single episode seemed designed to make you feel bad or make you feel bad for the characters. Half the season doesn't even try to be funny.

Rebecca burns down the bar and refuses to be held accountable. *All* of Sam's friends and customers betray him for the price of slight convenience. Cliff is given a direction in life and then has it yanked away within a day. Woody treats his wife, Kelly, like shit until he is verifiably proven wrong in a domestic argument. Frasier's wife leaves him twice and he tries to kill himself. The narrative deliberately changes Sam's character so that it can force him into sexual addiction rehabilitation.

No, Cheers was never a fairy tale-type show. It was always made clear that the patrons came to the bar to escape their problems. But that's the thing: the bar setting was so that you didn't have to see those problems, and you could make jokes about them. In the final season, this was inverted to horrifying effects. Again, I just want to know *why* they did it. Who was it that thought it was okay to treat the characters like shit?

Cheers was doing poorly in the ratings by the last season.
New writers who are not really connected to the characters forcing increasingly "whacky" scenarios in an attempt to increase ratings is the real reason it feels so different. It wasn't done intentionally in the way that you are looking for.

Quick rundown of seasons:

1-3
>Maximum comfy, very clever, GOAT sitcom

4-6
>Quite comfy, very clever, GOAT sitcom

7-11
>Very heartfelt and feelsy, not really comfy, got a bit silly in some areas by the end, not bad really

The final episode, With Frasier reciting the Tennyson poem on air before moving, and then landing while telling his story breaks my fucking heart into feels every single time.

I have an emotional connection to the poem, overall, and it broke me the first watch. Frasier is great.

How fucking good is kelsey, an incredible actor that nails the subtleties and elevates just about every aspect of the show. Plebs will say niles is the best character and more 'funny', which he is very good himself but is big part just enabled by frasiers performance and having the better material.

Some boys to to college, but we think they're all wussies

>seattle
lol no

Seattle was a great place to live until about the mid 00s tbf.

I thought that Ken Levine and the rest were still on the writing team for season 11. I'm almost 100% certain that he's said as much.

no, that's why it has been long forgotten. don't waste your time.

t. Merris.

Not an argument. Friends isn't forgotten and it's awful.

I dont really like tv but I can honestly say that watching Frasier is a good decision.

They slutshamed Roz every episode

Rightfully so, being a slut isn't a good thing.

Roz was best girl

For me, it's Daphne

Early Daphne was cute kino

I had a thing for Lilith she reminds me of my mom

Seasons 1 & 2 is literally the perfect woman, IMO. Beauty inside and out.

Wew

Tell me more about this

>Seasons 1 & 2 Daphne*
fix'd

For me, nothing beats a Simon.

I hated this cunt

Series really went down the shitter once Daphne's family started appearing.

One of the comfiest shows ever.

>Every other character is a human, for every year of the show
>Suddenly a repeat character is like some absurd fake human who doesn't exist and they're chewing up the scenery of every scene

I wonder what the main actors thought of the writers, or what the writers were thinking, or what the producers instructing the writers were thinking

funniest and wittiest show ever made

I skip the episodes with Daphne's mother and brother on rewatches.

he was reported having serious alcohol problem when the show was still running, this is probably one of those occasions

>>Suddenly a repeat character is like some absurd fake human who doesn't exist
but that is where you're wrong

>unfamiliar with Kelsey Grammer falling off the stage
hownew.ru
Also, that talk was done years after Frasier. And after he 'got sober' yet again.

Oh, and his current alcoholism relapse prevention method is drinking one large glass of red wine every night. No, that's not a joke. That's something which he actually publicly admits and something in which he takes pride.

Maximum comfy

If it works it works. I was addicted to the herbal jew and only not smoking and not being around smokers got me off it.

agree with this. seasons 1-3 are GOAT with the Cranes being the most elitist pretentious cunts in Seattle. 10/10

for the most part I'd have to agree, but the episode where Daphne's mother gets into the rivalry with the neighbors kid got a few laughs out of me

youtube.com/watch?v=XYS-YMTOj-Y

If you don't think that's reasonable, you've got a lot to learn.

Best show ever.

Not about whether or not it's a reasonable amount to consume; it's about the fact that it's completely contradictory to his ideal. He wanted to stop drinking, found out that that was too hard (repeatedly), gave up and decided to continue drinking at a reduced rate so that the alcoholism would not worsen. Drinking a glass of wine every night does not make you less likely to become a relapsed alcoholic. It may even make you more likely to do it.

You've got a lot to learn. Compromising to a glass of wine a night sounds infinitely more effective to me than constantly failing to go cold turkey and relapsing over and over. He's probably proud of this method purely because he knows he has the strength to stop at one glass. I get it though, drink is drink and it's not really quitting if you keep doing it, but compromise takes strength in its own right.

>He's probably proud of this method purely because he knows he has the strength to stop at one glass

what if the size of the glass getting bigger and bigger every month or year?

Then he never really had a chance at all.

it's not though. you're just a dumb faggot.. And this method isn't even exclusively his. Lots of people struggling with alcoholism have done this you fucking retard.

Settle down fella, he's just looking out for Kelsey G.

Simon and Gertrude were unquestionably the worst parts of the entire show
At least Simon fucked off. We were stuck with this bitch for far too long

Throughout the series, hearing the descriptions of Maris was classic. By the end, you have to assume she was some kind of science experiment abomination or something.

meanwhile the first time you saw lilith

i never watch cheers btw so i only saw her from frasier

The Maris jokes were the best.

>I don't mind telling you we pushed our beds together that night! And that is no mean feat: her room, as you know, is across the hall.

Man, that as well, I fucking love how they act like she's one of the most horrific looking women they'd ever seen.
That one episode where they were afraid she was getting back together with Frasier, she denies they are and Martin suddenly drops his fucking cane to race across the room to hug her shouting "OH THANK GOD!"

Always gives me a grand chuckle.

There's a clip episode. One where Niles revisits his relationship with Daphne (this is after she gets back from fat camp).

>How fucking good is kelsey, an incredible actor
Man, his style of acting is just terrific.
One of the most perfect roles he had was probably Beast for X-Men. Shamefully that movie sucked, but he was easily the only reason I watched that movie more than once.

And shamefully, never again. He gets a very brief appearance at the end of DoFP, but of course they had to reboot/restart the series.
We'll never see a Beast more perfect than him.

this scene where fraiser and niles acts like jews is pretty funny youtube.com/watch?v=TfVdkhvQX6g

>Frasier I'm just going out to play that game with Eddy where I tell him to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
>Cmon Eddy RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

I love how Niles just accepts the idea of acting Jewish with a casual "Okay." before he asks why.

that fucking episode when Daphne want to avoid her ex and pretend to be married to niles and then frasier pretend to be married to maris which was roz was fucking top comedy

imdb.com/title/tt0582559/

>No, we're not bad people - we've been lying to you all along!
Gold.

>"Come on, they're great guys. Stinky, Wolfman, Boom-Boom, Jim. Of course his name's not really Jim, we just call him that because he likes to drink Jim Beam. Just like we call Hank "Bud," because he drinks Budweiser. Come on, you'd love these guys!"

>"We're sherry drinkers, Dad. Think about it!"