Rick and morty on indefinite hiatus

>Speaking at an an event for IndieWire during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Harmon took the blame for the series delay and boiled it down to creative complications, saying “it’s late because of me.”

>“If Justin [Roiland, Rick and Morty co-creator] were here he’d agree,” Harmon elaborated. “He and I would go, ‘Yeah, we fucked up,’ and it’s hard to put your finger on how we fucked up. Rick and Morty keeps taking longer and longer to write, and I don’t know why.”

>He said that he and Roiland have difficulty producing the series, attributing some of the issues to differences between the two creators.

comicbook.com/popculturenow/2017/01/24/dan-harmon-explains-rick-and-morty-season-3-delay/

For fucks sake

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/rick-and-morty-female-writers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good to see Justin seems to be standing his ground and not letting Harmon inject his anti-Trump bullshit.

Where in the article does it mention Trump?
Oh, it doesn't? So then, you were attempting to inject Trump into this discussion.
What makes you any better then?

>and it’s hard to put your finger on how we fucked up.

No it isn't, they wrote themselves into a corner with that stupid fucking finale.

We all know Harmon is all about the Trump hate and feminism nowadays.

>last episode was almost 2 years ago
>sound recording began last February
>announce the season will air early 2017
>we're now 24 days in
>announced it would air in March
>now it changes to an indefinite hiatus

Okay, I get that the show takes a long time to produce, but is it really that difficult to write 14 episodes?

That maybe so, but it doesn't mean he attempts to write it into the show.
And there is no evidence that anyone could point to in an attempt to claim otherwise.

The article says nothing about a hiatus.
OP clickbaited you.

>cntrl f "trump"
>zero results found
why do you do this also it's never coming out oh no

>nothing about a hiatus
>“I don’t have a release date for Season 3,” Harmon revealed. “It’s not that I know it and I’m not allowed to say it—it’s [Adult Swim’s] domain.”

Hey, this show is worth the wait.

>expecting liberal media to report honestly

Not even once.

It technically is a hiatus because the show is probably finished by now but there are some issues that are making it delayed. And we dont know how long it will take, so yeah, its kinda like a hiatus.

I liked when it was "mad scientist who exploits mad science technology to the fullest and has a grandson" instead of "mad scientist cares about family and feels"

>It technically is a hiatus because the show is probably finished by now
Its factually NOT on hiatus as they are both still animating and recording for the new season.

Harmon has always been a curse on production. A terrible person to partner with, drunk

But it never stopped being the first thing.

Proof Harmon is an sjw?

They dont even know when its going to be finished, because they dont know what the fuck they are doing. Thats the issue here, a hiatus or not, we know nothing about its release date.

Cliffhanger season finales are often a bad idea

Writing just took much longer than usual this time.
That and the voice recording have been completed, but now they're deep in production on the animation. We should still see the show before summer

>Rick and Morty keeps taking longer and longer to write, and I don’t know why
maybe because you fired the writers to bring a hip and inexperienced diversity staff?

This.

He's liberal but no SJW
There's a running gag on Harmontown where everyone applauds when the clock strikes 9:11 and I've definitely heard him say things like "retard"

To be fair, after watching the behind the scenes for season one some of those writers might as well have been dead weight.

OH NO FUCK A SERIES TAKES A LONG TIME TO WRITE IF IT IS GOOD NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE EVER OH GOD WHY

>And there is no evidence that anyone could point to in an attempt to claim otherwise.
themarysue.com/rick-and-morty-female-writers/

Fuck I actually am afraid right now if it's going to be okay. It may be aswell cancelled after the third season if this is going to continue.

yeah they seemed pretty cringey but you cant judge a guys comedy by their poor social skills
if you took a closer look to most cartoonists you wouldstart seeing patterns

There's nothing about Trump in that article.

Writers aren't cartoonists.

Considering his wife divorced him partially over the fact that he has a habit of calling her a stupid cunt when he get's mildly upset?

I'd say no.
No, he's just an narcissist and a jerk. I doubt it was delayed for "liberal propaganda" but having things at a standstill because someone doesn't completely think everything he makes is comedy gold is very much Harmon.

gender equality is worth the weight ;)

"mommy, daddy, please stop fighting."

>No, he's just an narcissist and a jerk
Yeah I still remember the "fuck Chevy" incident from Community

Harmon has a history of "Fuck you it's my way or the highway" which is a little worrisome.

not an argument
he hired them to do his bidding

>he hired them to do his bidding
And where is your proof that his bidding is to inject anti-Trump rhetoric into the show?

please the sjws who rape and bully are the ones screaming about gender equality the loudest
plenty of space for them in that vulture culture

there is just no other possible reason to hire women to write a comedy show

Thats...an odd thing to say, but alright.

Jesus, this thread is the saddest sack of shit.

this, women cant into comedy

imhigh

They're moving to a Venture Bros. model. See you in two years for the next season

they are already ruining its always sunny
you can sense the quality drop the minute they hire women
its wierd because its exactly the same no matter wich woman is writting it
the episodes stop being funny except for the one obligatory good joke in the episode thats designed to be retweeted
everything gets this strange feel good aura and the characters become exagerations of their most definitibe traits and nothing else
and it feels like you are watching a cartoon about the cartoon you want to watch, like we went down another layer into the uncany

How? Seems like the most obvious segue into a third season opener ever

>Morty helps Rick break out of jail

Boom!

Can they retcon Earth being inhabited by aliens too?

they dont know how to do thati guess

>Sup Forumstards & shitposters ruins another thread

Can you faggots kill yourselves, already?

Haven't seen the newest season but the last season which was just released on Netflix is pretty good. Granted it has a big flaw of most of the jokes and episodes being callbacks to other better jokes and episodes. But hey, Frank's development of dementia is neat.

They really should've saved the idea of The Gang dying for the season finale though.

right, that is my concern too. There was no need to throw aliens on the earth in literally one episode.

>We all know Harmon is all about the Trump hate and feminism nowadays.
I know he virtue signals about that stuff on twitter and I assume on his podcast but it doesn't really come across in his work. Rick is a huge sexist despite being a genius, there's that episode where they go to that all-female planet, it makes fun of women for being passive-aggressive, etc.

They can do anything with the whole multiverse plot device but why not have fun with the colonised earth idea for a while?

>Most boring parts of the show was Beth and Jerry romantic episodes which lack all of the sci-fi that makes the show good
>Show now has perfect opportunity to make all of the family members embrace and take part in the sci-fi
How can two people be so wrong?

What does Harmon even contribute?

He took the blame for both Interdimensional Cable episodes and how bad they were.

He took the blame for "lack of diversity" on the writing staff, resulting in two women being hired as if it was a big deal.

He's taking the blame for this delay because he can't get on board with Justin's creative vision.

I mean, if all that is true, then dump his ass before he ruins the show.

>He took the blame for both Interdimensional Cable episodes and how bad they were.
If I recall it was Justin that said it was all his and even personally apologized it.

all the characters got way over the top
especially mac, the new writers cant write mac for shit he is just a walking gay joke/loser now
dennys went full psycho too when he used to jump between controlling maniac and level headed guy
charly is charly and frank could be replaced with a cartoon cat at any point so wathever
dee is shoehorned too much into the show too now

They stated they already knew exactly how Rick was going to get out, all of it taking place in the first episode of the season.

He works in the animation industry. I'm not sure why people keep getting surprised by this.

Probably talking about this season, the first episode of which was god awful. Second episode was great, classic Sunny. Third episode was in the middle, but still typical for the show.

>He took the blame for "lack of diversity" on the writing staff, resulting in two women being hired as if it was a big deal.
This DIVERSITY bullshit is getting ridiculous, how fucking diverse do you expect a small group like that to be? SJWs are really ruining this world, I wish they'd just all move to Japan or those other places that have legalized racism so they'd go crazy and kill themselves after realizing they were already living in paradise and they were just making it worse

I actually liked how over the top they've become.

Mostly because it wasn't just something that happened overnight. The degeneracy and psychotic development was just that, a gradual development. You get to see Frank become a piece of shit, you see Dennis becoming more and more angry and insane. It's actual character development and it makes the show more enjoyable to watch.

Even Mac who I agree started to get the worst jokes with the gay thing slowly grew on me.

beth/jerry episodes are already too sci-fi and the whole point of them as characters is to counteract rick and mortys adventure heavy plots a little
summer is just there, i guess she is a good replacement morty. I laughed t rick telling her to wear a burka to keep the rapey aliens away

>a terrible person to partner with
Yeah, I'm sure his ex-wife can attest to that.

If it's any consolation, it will probably be terrible, disappointing garbage when it does come out so we're in a golden age of blissful ignorance right now.

>waterpark was great
>charly and frank dont have a single joke, they just run around having fun and screaming aids wich isnt even a joke for sunys standar, thats just normal charly and frank behaivour
>mac and dee are stuck in a slide the wwhole episode and they pull the single good joke in the episode
>dennys teaches a girl to steal, its meh
sure thing great episode, you have shit taste

he knocked sarah silverman program out of the goddamn park

no user, you are mistaking development for the characters who went over the top for ccomedy a couple times going over the top more and more often because the writers have no idea what to do with them.
im sure you still enjoy the show because thats the simpsons effect, you just keep watching even after its no longer good because you like the characters but then you get tired o the constant stream of bad writting and a couple years lter looking back you realize that the last couple of seasons were pretty bad

Or maybe you're just a cynical shitstick, like so many people on this site.

well you know how the SJWs have started getting fencesitters to get off of their side by being so loud and annoying, and were starting to shift things properly until this election (which is partly because of that) made them all martyrs again?
Those sort of halfway sensible old hippies are doing the opposite lately. They're seeing a lot of lulzposter fake nazis around, and starting to think they need to get mad again to combat it. dan and/or swampy got very boohoo recently.

id rather be cynical and proven right than a blissful ignorant. Because most of the time things are shit, deal with it.

He's got a point.

spending too much time with you would do that to anyone

>thread about rick and morty being delayed
>turns into a bitchfest about sjws

We have an entire board for this shit, can't you just fuck off to there and stop derailing threads?

>Ctrl+F
>No results for r e d d i t

I have to admit Sup Forums, I am both proud and impressed by the level of maturity you're showing right now.

You sad, sad little man.

*upvotes*

the aliens on close encounters had better language skills than you

Tell me what is the solution then. Because it seems the solution is to stop giving a fuck, right?

>it cant be bad boys, chill
and when it gets bad
>oh, fuck it anyway, lets move on

I am not that kind of a person.

Sad but true.

I mean, think about it. Rick & Morty got popular because it turned the cliches on their heads. The family knows about Rick, the marriage isn't perfect, the daughter isn't totally useless, Morty is a regular punching bag in a more mature way. When Morty asked for help with his crush, the result was a world full of monsters and Rick sending them to another dimension to rest.

Now they're probably going to try and do a whole big story arc serializing the show with aliens on Earth, and it's going to become more about Rick fighting his way back to Earth and fighting the Federation rather than the crazy adventures he and Morty and the family have to deal with. They're going to try to appease the fanbase by doing callbacks to stuff like Evil Morty, and it's going to be the most cliche fizzle out garbage. Have you read the R&M comics? Because that's how it is.

I hope they prove me wrong, but this sure doesn't bode well. They're literally admitting what I would theorize about a lot of cartoons these days that try to do big stories (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe:) they don't actually know where they want to go with it or how to get there.

I'm a hardcore Venture Bros.fan so you get no sympathy from me.

>charly
If you're gonna bait, at least learn to spell the names right.

You have Tumblr and reddit. You fuck off

I guarantee you, they resolve the Rick in jail storyline in episode one and the rest of the season is episodic. They've said they don't want much serialization. They've resisted bringing back evil Morty as of yet.

This.
I feel like the creative differences that Justin and Dan have had is likely about the serialization.

>>Most boring parts of the show was Beth and Jerry romantic episodes which lack all of the sci-fi that makes the show good

Jerry is unironically the funniest character on the show. The arguments/banter he has with beth are amazing.

What shit taste you've got, fuck RnM fans

Plus, I could've sworn we've already seen animatic of Rick with Morty.

Alternatively they can just pick up the show in an alternate universe and never mention the imprisoned Rick again.

They've said they want to limit how often they use that plot device but it's always an option.

>maybe because you fired the writers to bring a hip and inexperienced diversity staff?

He did? Then what the hell are we waiting for, it's going to be shit

Not sure how they're going to deal with Rick being on the lam and aliens having, more or less, taken over Earth?

Could do a season long thing or just wipe the slate clean after ep1

Man you bought into that one real fast didn't you. You reactionary fucks really are just as bad as SJWs.

Serialization as it is now is good, the subtle plot that you have to pay attention to. It would be worse if it really was just an adventure of the week.

>Venture Bros.
>Good
nice meme bait, friendo

They've said they want to limit how often Rick and Morty use an alternate universe to escape a plot in their own.
I'm saying they can just pick up with a different Rick & Morty.

Wasn't Season 2 originally gonna end with a two-parter (Part 1 being "The Wedding Squanchers"), but then "Look Who's Purging Now" was written at the last second and shoved Part 2 over to Season 3?

He hired the woman who was fired from SNL for joking on twitter how Barron Trumpenstein jr looks like a school shooter.

If you're going to diversity-hire that's a good choice, honestly.