Maggie Gyllenhaal recently complained that there aren't enough roles for "older women" such as herself (Maggie is 37)

Maggie Gyllenhaal recently complained that there aren't enough roles for "older women" such as herself (Maggie is 37).

What kind of roles are there for older women like her? Hardmode: No crackwhores, elderly women, insane catladies or murder victims that were cast to save on make-up costs.

>recently
It was like 2 years ago and people here won't shut up about it

The trailer of TDKR was 6 years ago and people won't shut up about it either, so you better shut up and talk about Maggie's shriveled raisinface

>What kind of roles are there for older women like her?
My mommy gf

But Maggie is a disgusting mommie.

Zozzed

I wish everybody in the entire world thought like you, this way she would be mine and mine only

>I wish everybody in the entire world thought like you

Most do, so you're in luck

but she's married so it's clearly not enough

tasteful yet erotic anus scenes

Woman garbage collectors...oh wait.
Woman coal miners...oh wait.
Woman deep sea divers...oh wait.

I fucking wish

How many of those do you do?

>Maggie is 37

the bitch look 47. She just needs to wait around, eventually she can look forward to getting cast on Ray Donovan to play the old Bitch Ray fucks for a season.

Wow, it’s almost like a woman’s value derives from her appearance.

An elderly woman loyal to her abusive husband slowly learns to love herself instead of tradition and divorces him, awakening to the independence of being single and happy for the first time since she was a girl. See Maggy, we can even pretend you're seventy even though you were born in the 1980s, to match your look.

I know the perfect role for her.

>mother of missing child
>opens the door holding tissues and generally looking haggard
>detective comes into her house to take statement
>she harangues him and is generally a pain in the ass
>"ma'am, I understand. But we're trying our best."
>"Then try harder!"

Other than that I have no idea. Maybe she should shut the fuck up and be glad that, with her looks, she was somehow able to make enough money in the film industry to never have to work another day in their life. What a spoiled cunt.

>Spouse(s) Peter Sarsgaard (m. 2009)
>Children 2
>Still has work, is working right now

I really don't understand why she's bitching. Her life looks pretty good from here. Even bagged herself an attractive husband and get steady work with that ugly ass face and body and was in a billion dollar film franchise.

She clearly has illuminati connections at this point is she saying all this stuff just to change the conversation so people don't look in too deeply at her shit? Because for sure something fishy is going on around her.

>at my age, you got to do DVDA

>make me a story about my face and how not wrinkly and unphotogenic it is
Nah

marisa tomei seems to be have no problem getting roles despite her age

Washed-up old whore. Literally.

Cate Blanchett is almost 50 and does really well

I mean I'm gonna look like I'm shit when I'm 37 too so I can't judge

A voice role that gets cut.

witches for disney films

Jennifer Aniston doesn't have trouble finding work, and she's older than Maggie. Same with Kate Winslet, Gilian Anderson, etc.

But those women are actually pretty/beautiful/nice.

Maggie's real problem is that she was never that attractive, but she got cast as an allegedly attractive woman in one of the biggest and most culturally significant movies of all time.

Everyone who ever saw TDK was a bit embarrassed by this MG person being cast in that role. Bruce Wayne caring about HER? The Joker embarrassing himself to flirt with HER? That's the real joke on his part. She was a clumsy awkward element of that movie and no one will ever forgive her for it.

just bring Quadinaros back in Episode VIII and IX

I mean, she's an actress, it's literally her job to look attractive, 'acting' has always been on the 2nd place. Whose fault is it really then that she only gets ugly roles?

Besides, aren't movies supposed to start from creativity? If a script from the writer's brainbaby has no "sorta ugly 37 year old woman" person, is she really demanding there be one for the sake of it?

Coffin stuffer

>Hello beautiful! And you are beautiful

Sup Forums memes aside, when i saw that in the cinema 10 years ago, it always felt a bit funny to me.

>Maggie Gyllenhaal recently complained that there aren't enough roles for "older women" such as herself (Maggie is 37).

This is the exact same as saying the Olympics do not have enough roles for out-of-shape middle aged managers like me.

Its *accurate*, but its kinda missing the point.

Hollywood is built upon a visual business model.
They sell the dream, and the dream is to watch what ludicrously attractive people do for 90 minutes at a time. If I wanted to watch People of Walmart, I'd go down to Walmart and get a show for free. But no, if I'm going to watch a mindless action flick I want my men to be Fight Club Pitt-era handsome, I want my women to be Dark City Jennifer Connelly-era beautiful.

Sorry, Maggie, but you're not much to look at but you are in competition with a million younger, prettier people in Hollywood all wanting to be a star, and with that much of a surplus to choose from of course Hollywood is going to choose the ones most pleasing to the eye. It also helps that those younger up-and-coming stars are willing to work for less and are less demanding than the older workers.

Don't pretend this only occurs to the women, either. Men are jettisoned as they age too unless they are devastatingly handsome in their older age. And the simply biological fact is that men do age better than women. Unfair? Then consider that young women are almost all attractive just from their age while if you're a young man, unless you're an 8+ your age doesn't help.

It seems that every year we get some aging actress decide to pipe up now how awful hollywood is, while they were more than willing to reap the benefits when they themselves were younger and prettier. You whored yourself out to a visual pimp, what did you think was going to happen when the wrinkles and grey hair showed up?

This. All this talk about how Hollywood is an unfair judgement all mess ring hollow because everyone who doesn't have their head up Hollywood's ass already knows it. There are other things to do in the world besides be a famous actress.