Movies that improved upon their source material

Movies that improved upon their source material

Yeah, just deal with it you Crichtonfags

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xws4usZ2Ow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The novel definitely went off the rails in places with the cheesy ending with rocket launchers and shit.

Wtf. Explain. Did they air-rocket velociraptors?

It's a better movie than the book but it's not a better book than the book.

The park ranger (clever girl guy) survives and saves everyone with an RPG

Muldoon was the best character

Fight Club (author even says this)
The shining
Blade runner
Wicker man

hate to be the to be fair asshole but to be fair the rpg didn't fire grenades but a huge tranq-filled syringe because momma rex cost too many shekels

also to the young OP everyone acknowledges the film was a better narrative than the novel, even Crichton. movies have the sexy flash, novels have the crunchy details.

yep, anyone who disagrees is a moron

fuck you i wanted to see muldoon kersplode a t-rex

>Fight Club (author even says this)
>author even says this
I am OK with that but really? Weird...

>every single stephen king adaptation

Beat me to it.

>Didnt include the 2nd T-rex.

Fuck off.

He ends up in a mental hospital and the plan still continues in the book. Id say its an improvement. See for yourself. Someone reshot the ending and based it on the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xws4usZ2Ow

Anyone who thought Starship Troopers was an improvement of the source material should be gassed.

It did some things better, but I really missed the longer Grant/Kids hike.

TLW movie is just ok but the book is fucking terrible
Like, wasted several hours reading that crap

both the movie and book are very good to be honest
the movie is cooler because dinosaurs have a central role, in the book they are only an excuse to digress vastly about ethics in science, what the book is ultimately about, all those speeches by Malcom that in the movie are extremely condensed if not absent are the core of the narrative in the book

>kersplode

>reduce muldoons role
>remove the real science from the book
>remove the real dialogue and water it down

The book is way better you fucking mong

65 dubs
65 million years
65 million shekels

Confirmed the book is better

movie Nedry also seems to do all the work by himself, while in the book he has a whole team of programmers on the mainland at the university where he works
he's still a fat fuck in both though, and him and Hammond both are greedy assholes
>your dickhead of a boss doesn't respect your contract and refuses to pay extra work
>better steal corporate property and sell it to the competition

yes. spielberg had the intelligence to make weapons completely useless in the movie

I'd have to agree. So many of the scenes in the novel were just too comical, like the river rafting while being chased by the T-rex

It's not hard to improve on Crichton.

Dean Koontz>Crichton>Dan Brown