i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89308854/#89308914
twitter.com/DoctorWhoFem/status/923014319440318464
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>. why didn't anyone just use that during the time war
they did not know about it?

Remember Christopher Eccleston? This is him now. Feel old yet?

idunno, 9 knew about it. i'm not sure if he knew what it does though.

heaven sent

>how could he use the regen energy to solve every plot?
empty child?
new earth?
every cybermen?

What exactly did Clyde mean by this?

Also 8th gives Charley a Ray-Bans in Natural History of Fear

BLACKED

Reminder you can see the Capaldick in Deep Breath after Clara hugs him.

is that really glasgow?

>adding literally nothing of value to /who/

You need to leave.

>you just know

Is this show worth watching? I've seen a few clips but never an entire episode.

Carrot juice...carrot juice...carrot juice...

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
WEDNESDAY EDITION
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>Framing Story Part IV: Dreams of Warriors
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>The Story of Lord Rast
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>Eye of the Beholder
By Bottle_Universe

>A Gentlemanly Duel
By Rachael Riley

>The Divergence of the Doctor
By Nacho

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

If you skipped out on Sunday's post, it's never too late to catch up: archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/89308854/#89308914

Alistair McGowan?

Does it really feel that good to be hugged by a pretty girl?

Yes

Yeah there are some good eps, I can rec some if you want
Intriguing Gallifreyan, uh, intrigue in Immigrant's stories here, anchoring the set further.
Obfuscating obscurities in Bottle_Universe's story. I admire the dedication to such an obscure idea.
Pertwee panache in Rachael Riley's, a story of most singular interest.
And illustrative ideas abound in Nacho's fascinating tale, one I'm sure our resident Edgelord enjoyed/would enjoy.
It can!

Is he - and dare I even utter these words - /ourguy/?

and anji shoved that on his bum

this is real and fucking hilarious

this is meant to just be a funny coincidence, no thread derail pls

This is a scene from Thin Ice, the third episode of Series 10 of the revived edition of the science-fiction show Doctor Who. As this is a Doctor Who general, the majority of people on here have already seen this episode, potentially multiple times.

This is a scene from Thin Ice, the third episode of Series 10 of the revived edition of the science-fiction show Doctor Who. As this is a Doctor Who general, the majority of people on here have already seen this episode, potentially multiple times.

how embawwassing

If you have to ask for the thread to not derail, you've gone wrong somewhere

because the Doc changed sex too
the irony

What's /who/ with you?

Just musing over a Who book before writing up my thoughts on it.
What about you?

vampire science?

That's the one! I'm already like 15% into The Bodysnatchers too

Im doing the C'rizz run
but skipping some

Right, Divergence. This is actually a direct sequel to the story from Shit Trips 1: Last Weekend. On both my shit trips for the first compilation I wrote them on a car trip to orlando going down the east coast in the same night. Both times immigrant was like "we still need ____ stories" so I took up the challenge.

Whites in their eyes was somewhat early in the night, but lost weekend I think I did after a driving stint and the details are fuzzy. The moat succinct memory I have is "the hell do I even know about this character anymore", it being 6 or 7 years since I saw an episode with him in it and the chance to rewatch really slim. But he loves rose, people get married in love... So he needed a bachelor party. And who would the doctor invite? Boom. Story I could tell.

When it came time to write a real entry to st2(farewell doesnt count!), I was surprised that people liked that story. I mean, I've never known what its like to read my own stories for the first time, I have only known what its like to have written them. And I thought "well, if it was good, why not revisit it". But this time I wanted to put a real effort in, get what I could right.

Before I put down a single plot idea, I watched again. I watched 9, 10, watched the episode, read tvtropes and even a bit of fanfiction. That last part was more helpful than you think: seeing what other people did with the character was ridiculous(no offense to tenntoo shippers) they were just telling Doctor Who stories! With "weat" in the back of my mind I wanted to take this character somewhere else, someplace that justifies its existence with a weirder story. That was my aim: we went back to the parallel universe of age of steel and what is life like now for a married doctor.

Ill share the actual writing bits in a later post, but just one more remark: in Lost Weekend, the doctor's mind is sharp and doing disaster dominos to blow stuff up. Here hes a little more muddy. That's a bit of a plot hole, I know.

Wise move. My least favourite companion intro story in like, anything ever.

Whatddya think of BF themselves getting around to doing what looks to be 'fanfic' style stories for meta10 after all? Maybe you inspired them :^)

Haha, I doubt I could influence more than a groan honestly. But I think they'll be playing it safe too. The war doctor was really safe(but I loved the Neverwhen story) and now tennant is a star, the pairing is a hit.... But hey, safe is okay. Long as its not turned into a romantic marvel movie.

>Neverwhen
Yeah the one good story of the lot IMO.
And Big Finish playing it safe? What utter nonsense :^)

Why is The Doctor having three companions?

Why is He going to get blacked?

once I asked on OG how much I could pay to BF to produce my script on the monthlies
what if we do a quickstarter?

what is OG

outpost gallifrey

... what is gallifrey base now

Big Finish SJA Companion Chronicles when?

>he

Right? As if catering to a 50 year old fanbase means that people want something other than conservative continuations of eras that neber happened

I'm sure the fact the most highly-acclaimed stories were all from Gary Russell's early stewardship of the main range is complete coincidence, and everyone's much happier with the conservative approach now ;)
Not even sure I'm memeing, they do apparently sell better

Lads I'm thinking of doing a new Faces of /who/

make sure to put two certain faces next to each other/together

is there an old faces?

A-are you asking for my facedox?

To be 100% fair, they get more radio play and they enjoy a higher profile since the franchise is bigger now than it was after being off air for 9 years

I've posted a drawing of my face weeks ago, I'll just add my glasses in.

Briggs seems a nice guy, I'm happy for their success, and there are still ranges doing actual good and even sometimes experimental stories, but I can't lie and say I like how their DW stuff is ran these days. More power to them I guess, but I honestly do think it's kind of embarrassing how nearly every. single. one. of their highly-acclaimed stories is from their first few years

but the releases after 100 were all wishy washy

? That's what I'm saying.

good, lol

who are you exactly. how long have you been here. it cant be long if you thought neo was complimenting recent briggs finish

>tfw you doxx yourself

I think Alan Barnes or someone else took over from Russell from Terror Firma-The Girl Who Never Was.

In Briggs defense, the Eighth Doctor Adventures range was the boldest move on a meta level that big finish has done. Its these box sets where I think he doesnt quite have it right: 4 episodes hasnt been long enough for a great arc of episodes, and 2 years is too long to think about 1 thread

Which one would you most rec?

Is /who/ a new kind of drug? Because this thread is pretty trippy.

T-There's hope for the Ten/Rose audios right

testin trips, lol

Terror Firma is such a fitting end of an era in such a Gary style, it's madly continuity-heavy but in a way that actually works for the story, it's the end of an experimental new era and Big Finish's status as "current Doctor Who", but it sends it off with as early-Big-Finish-y a bang as it could. I love it. The run from there up to The Girl Who Never Was is just kind of sad in how aimless it feels. Big Finish died when Series 1 began, limping around in its old form for a while was unsettling, to the point the last two releases were literally after the EDAudios began. As you say, the EDAudios were a reinvention and a new Big Finish, and one way or another, that was definitely the way to go. Dark Eyes too. Then Doom Coalition was a repeat of Dark Eyes' format, and another vain attempt to "right" the "wrongs" of what actually worked about a set of stories, now where have I heard that before...

I reckon they'll be enjoyable, they just won't be "woah this is better than anything the telly did with 10/Rose" enjoyable

Best eps imo are
>Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?
>The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith
>The Mad Woman in the Attic
>The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
>Death of the Doctor
>Goodbye, Sarah Jane Smith
>The Curse of Clyde Langer

"Enemy of the Bane" has the Brig in it too, if that interests you. Not a great ep though.

>Terror Firma is such a fitting end of an era in such a Gary style, it's madly continuity-heavy but in a way that actually works for the story
we cannot praise it enough

I mean, series 2 didn't have a great pick of episodes if we're being totally honest. So I don't think it's that hard to top the worst of series 2 with the best of Big Finish, who knows. I'm trying to remain optimistic here, I want this to be good so badly.

Good point. I'm hype to hear them.

I'll try some of those out. Thanks neo.

I look forward to streaming them!

Where do you get checkered pants like Capaldi? They look comfy.

aliexpress

Do you think that guy who hid the message in DWM will get fired?

I'm pretty sure he was lashing out because it was gonna be his last segment anyway. There's been shuffling of roles and whatnot over at DWm

twitter.com/DoctorWhoFem/status/923014319440318464 please no

Who is this person? Why would they know anything?

Heels would be cool though.

The doctor is way to autistic to be able to walk in heels

Heels! I've got new heels!
I don't like the colour

Running in heels from monsters, etc for 10 months of filming...ouch

Hey guys, honestly how long do you think Jodi will be in the role? 2, 3 years? 5? 7?

Sorry, what is this account and does it have anything whatsoever to do with the production of the show? Or is this some fan thing (or some schizo thing)?

i was considering making a neo x mcganon ship video for /who/tube, but i will need art. and said trips' permission of course.

delete this post and forget you ever made it

2/3

I think Chibnall will do 3 series, and I think Jodie will bow out at the same time

She'll do three runs like Tennant, Smith and Capaldi.

Stop immediately.

dubs and jodie breaks toms record

>cats is a neganon chad

tfw written 2000 words on vampire science and am simply waiting for the right time to deploy it

I knew it would be too kino for /who/ to comprehend

Archive your reviews on the wiki or something, you're writing too much to just let it waste away in the archive

Probably 3 with chibb staying for 5

It's nothing to do with "being kino", it verges on fucking creepy.

>neo just ignores cats' idea

The ship has sunk

creepy episodes are the most kino. look at blink and the empty child

What’s this?

Mmmm maybe I'll just link to the archive posts on my profile