The Leftovers

>its a matt episode
Did Nora really go? Was it just a heart condition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNa8C1g3Vfg
youtu.be/OhsopnIrDi4
youtu.be/rBZDj4nTFNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think so
It wasn't Kevin was special but they got canned too quick or he got scared after LOST
Still kino

What do I watch after this?

>Finale is all about lying
>Thinking Nora told the truth
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh user?

>Nora didn't even go to Matt's funeral
Would you have forgiven her?

Six Feet Under

The writers are hacks

No, she didn't go. But Kevin chose to believe her so that they could live happily together. He screwed up too. Did anything in the show end up being definitively supernatural? Grandpa saving Jill from the fridge?

Seen it, good stuff. Thinking about carnivale or treme

Nora is obviously lying to herself so she can move on. Kevin accepts it so they can move on together.

It was supernatural how annoying Meg was.

You can't go wrong with either. Treme is great as a character drama, and the people grow and develop into better humans (or they regress, as no one is perfect). Amazing cast and music. Just not really gripping as a story-based drama.

Carnivale has great characters too, and a far superior (in my opinion) setting and visual style. However, the plot is totally unfinished and a little convoluted. You will most likely enjoy it but you will also be very frustrated when it ends.

In an antagonistic sense or you just didn't like her character?

I dont really want to believe that all the shit that happened to kevin was in his head just because of his last trip

Her turn was a bit forced but it works in the atmosphere. How easily she succeeded at everything after was what made her annoying to me.

I thought the explanation behind her joining the GR was rational enough. Everyone basically lost their minds when the departure happened. You're right though there didn't seem to be any opposition to her after the first season. Even when she was breaking all their rules they just let her keep going.
Was she actually the leader of the movement or just a higher-up? I can't remember

Just pretend the last episode didn't happen. The preceding episode wrapped the series perfectly.

y is carrie coon so pretty? I really need to watch the new Fargo.

This is pretty much the best way to do it. The final episode is the happy ending but the penultimate ending scene is the best.

Objectively
>S1=S2=S3

To me S2 was slightly lower quality than 1 and 3. Still great though.

I initially though S2 was the lowest as well but after a while i think it had one of the strongest arcs of the whole series

>guaranteed kino
I'm pretty sure Nora was lying. Nora clearly screams "stop" right before she goes through and there's a pretty heavy theme about lying throughout the episode. Nora can't allow herself to be happy but in the end I think she found happiness with Kevin by lying to herself.

Also I'm pretty sure Kevin's adventures in the spirit world were legit. He sees his dad on a bed next to a fire through the TV in the hotel and later his dad recalls a week-long acid trip where he woke up in a hotel with the remains of a fire. IIRC.

Really? S2 was my favourite season.
>A Most Powerful Adversary
>International Assassin
>I Live Here Now
All among the best episodes in the entire show imo. For me it's gotta be S2>S3>S1.

S2 is the best season of ant TV show imo. Kevin grappling with insanity, sleepwalking, and losing his family is pure kino. The ending of A Most Powerful Adversary where Kevin promises Nora that he's gonna get help so they can be together again, and then races off to kill himself is unparalleled tbqh

The banter with Patti was great in S2 as well, they had really good chemistry.

>Its a budget cathy bates episode

I cant help but laud the writers for making Patti such a fucking nuisance, cause she sure as fuck was to me.
The way she handled situations in such a cocky way like things will work out in her favour. Kinda like when she cut her throat almost knowing she'd still have the upper hand over Kevin after.

Maybe I'm just a misogynist.

>she was taking a shit on him, Kevin

nothing supernatural ever happens, the sudden departure is "just" an unexplained natural phenomenon
I recently rewatched the whole thing and it's obvious that the story revolves around Kevin's, and his family's, mental illness, and the way people react to traumatic events, mostly from a religious point of view
a big part of the series happens in Kevin's head alone, and not only the people around him gradually lose their shit too but they also end up enabling him in his dangerous endeavours
Kevin is a seriously troubled individual in need of a professional aid that he never properly gets, Laurie knew this

Some things related to Kevin and "purgatory" like
- Kevin meeting David Burton there - they never met in the real world, so how could've Kevin seen him in his dreams?
- Kevin surviving 8 hours underground, without air
- Kevin surviving the gunshot

youtube.com/watch?v=dNa8C1g3Vfg

"In Cairo, Egypt, there is an ancient artifact.."

I have a couple questions though:
1. The Australian dude pretending to be god shows up in the spirit world?
2. Kevin's Sr's acid trip story and Kevin Jr's first spirit world experience (International Assassin) line up?
3. How did Kevin come back to life after being poisoned, buried, drowned and shot?

Wasn't David Burton famous for claiming he had gone to purgatory? The other two I can't really argue. You may be right or it may be plot armor. Who knows what the writers were thinking.

>that fucking feeling when
youtu.be/OhsopnIrDi4

>There's an alternate world where only 2% of the world's population are living
>In this universe, only one person has ever bothered to come back

lol.

this
if travelling between 'worlds' was truly viable like Nora tells in her story (there and back again), I think more people would be involved/use it

Remember, only ~200ish people have gone through and they get dropped off in the location where they warp. It's totally possible that a bunch of those people just died of hunger/starvation/etc. while wandering in the outback.

Also, the people who go through obviously have nothing to left in the 98% world so it's likely a large portion of them wouldn't want to come back. Nora had to track down the scientist and wait years for the machine to be built on the other side. Maybe he destroyed the machine after she went back through.

Not saying she's telling the truth (I think she's lying) but her story is at least plausible in my opinion.

>tfw when he walks into his house not knowing what expect
>tfw "you're home"

Kevin is a shaman, "purgatory" was where people fucked up from the departure go. His job as president was to nuke purgatory and to move on everyone. There are interviews that explain more but I think that's the basic gist

>You can't go wrong with either.
this
loved both

This. Nora may have been lying but kevin definitely went somewhere.

>struggle to pick best season
>only 3 seasons so we didn't have to witness a drastic drop in quality

Forever kino.

It s a good formula. Go out on top

>s1 e3
>matt tending to his wife

I was hooked from that moment.

>it's a Matt episode

the best ones

Kevin was the better character for obvious reasons but all of matts episodes were instantly based

>it's a Patti episode

SHUT THE FUCK UP LAURIE!

The roulette table shit followed by the mugging scene was fucking incredible. That's when I got hooked

youtu.be/rBZDj4nTFNY
best scene ever

Man, when he won the third time I felt so happy for him

real talk: Justin Theroux seems to have mad acting skills, why don't we see him in more roles?

Hes been in a lot of kino. He fucking wrote tropic thunder

Real talk: Justin Theroux is out of Jennifer Aniston's league in literally every way except in terms of wealth

>grew up rich
>is rich on his own now
>acts when he wants
>writes when he wants
>fucks jennifer aniston when he wants
no need just living the life

>I'm not gay but I would _____ Justin's _____

well?

Don't know he looks better with stubble, clean shaven, or with the beard

they seemed so happy together ;__;

>tfw you ruin relationships same as him
>walk out the door angrily without looking back
>never to be seen again for twenty years

i'm so jelly of his stubble and eyebrows
no homo ofc

I'm not gay but I would hold Justin's hand

>>I'm not gay but I would rub my face against Justin's stubble

>"my kids are not dead, they're just gone"
>"maybe you should go be with them"
I love Kevin but that was brutal and super uncalled for

>or are you afraid you'd give that one away too?

Kevin was on fire that scene

beard(occasionally)>stubble>beard(generally)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shaven

missclick

If anyone thinks Nora crossed over to an alternate reality then I'm sorry you just didn't understand the show.

She had to lie to herself to run away from the pain and embarrassment

This is probably the most ironic post Ive seen this year.