Justice League vs Avengers: there is a right answer

I was watching Variant's video on who would win in a fight: the justice league or the avengers? In my mind there isn't even an argument here... Anyway at the end of the video the dude says "time for you to vote on Facebook" or whatever. I was kinda curious what people were saying, so I went to go check it out. What I wasn't ready for was the intense autism I was about to be exposed to. All these retards were saying that the Avengers would win! These kids were like "My boy Thor could take on... Like... Probably Superman, Marian Manhunter and the flash, and Iron man could take the rest." I don't understand! I'm not crazy right, the fight is clear.

You're a fuckin nerd

DC's characters are much more powerful (not a slight at Marvel, not having OP characters is a good thing), JLA would really easily beat The Avengers, normies on FB hate DC due to the cinematic universes so they'd obviously pick their favorite rather than the most logical one.

DCU is canonically stronger

Here you go

I got more where this game from

These kids make me want to die

if they're fighting under Marvel's rules i feel like they'd have a chance, chiefly because there's no Speed Force. but JLA is much more powerful. Batman alone combines Iron Man and Cap's major features, and that's before Batgod, Plastigod, or Flashgod sets in.

though Thor could still take Supes, i say, since Mjolnir is magic and magic affects Supes 1-for-1 with normal people. if he has that axe, even moreso.

the real question is, is how would the JLA cope with operating in the Marvel universe? i think it would crush their souls, how much everyone hates supers there.

I don't think Batman would care if everyone hated him, but Supes would be crushed, Marvel civilians don't deserve a Superman

The "no speed force" only applied before the DC multiverse came back. There would be speed force there now since it encapsulates Earth-8 (616).

I would love to have had a small event with the few speedsters in Marvel (Speed Demon, Quicksilver, Spitfire, whats his name from the old alpha flight) getting powered up because of the speed force. That line quicksilver had where he was pissed at Flash and said that he'd find the speed force one day really made me want more.

Technically, Earth 8 is not the Marvel Universe but a kind of reflection of it, just like Earth 7 was. The Marvel Multiverse is probably a whole other multiverse.

Also, filthy casuals thinking the JLA could be defeated by the Avengers. I can see Thor giving everyone a hard time but that's it.

No question JLA is far and away more powerful I mean just look at this pic the only Avengers that stand any chance are Vision,Scarlet Witch and Thor and that is only if they get a good match-up
There is a reason all the fights in this series were won through circumstance and shenanigans, so Marvel characters weren't completely dominated

Power isn't everything and DC and Marvel both have great characters with amazing stories, but in a straight power vs Power fight with no prep-time asspull meme lording DC wins 99% of the time they just operate on a different level

Flashgod doesn't exist outside of Flash comics. Flash has been and always will be a chump in team books.

He gets one cool moment in JLA every decade. That's about it. I can't name a single impressive thing Flash has done on the JL since the New 52 started.

The Vision is pretty good too but otherwise you are completely correct.

Fuck sake, are we really doing this? What are we, Comicvine all of a sudden?

Please stop...

those posts are literally from hours ago, that user has already gone to bed and died peacefully on their way back to their home planet

The answer is either 'could' win because they're fictional characters without strictly set power levels.

I really don't get why people who love comics focus on shallow shit like power level arguments.

Sentry was an avenger and he solos desu.

Dude beat molecule man.

DC vs Marvel is genuinely one of the worst crossover ideas I've ever seen.

Plastic Man could take him

At least storytime the original story already

It really doesn't matter who could be who in a fight as long as both keep on putting out shit books.

lol

Sentry throwing the JLA into the sun.

Supercharged and angry Superman vs Death Horseman Sentry.

DC and Marvel take my money right NOW

Okay so lets actually go with comic examples here:

>Batman has won a fight against the Hulk
>Batman has defeated the entire Justice League in both Batman: Endgame and JLA: Tower of Babel

Superman can take out pretty much any Avenger with ease. The only one's he has even slight problems with are Hulk and Thor, though Wanda through magic is an actual problem for Superman.

So the question is can Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Cyborg take down Wanda?

Yes, have any of you even looked at how powerful the Flash is?.

Vision is turned off by Cyborg.

>but in a straight power vs Power fight with no prep-time asspull meme lording DC wins 99% of the time they just operate on a different level

And with prep time DC has the clear advantage as Batman is on their team.

that's utterly meaningless if you don't declare which avengers and JL rosters we're working with here. because if its 'everyone ever' then all bets are off laddy.

The real answer is: whoever jobs the least wins.

Flash has the potential to solo everybody on the Avengers, but he probably is the greatest jobber in every depiction of JL, up there with Martian Manhunter.

>I will try reading the villain's mind...
>AARRGHH!!!
>J'oooooooon!

Even Wanda has been beaten before by good old fashioned speed and surprise.

And Zatanna is what Wanda wishes she could be.

Batman always had contingency plans for the Justice League going rogue though. Doesn't help much against the Avengers.

>Yes, have any of you even looked at how powerful the Flash is?.
Definitely, but he tends to job in team books.

The only exception would be Wally in the current Titans run, which might as well be called "The Adventures of Wally and the Speed Force".

>have any of you even looked at how powerful the Flash is?.
y'know last I checked the Flash isn't immune to mind control pheromones.
or most JL members for that matter

If Barry is there there'll be Speedforce. He generates the stuff

He's not that kind of android you assmonger

Yeah but JL has Plastic Man.
And to quote the former PlasticMan ongoing "I once read online that he's the most powerful member".

I wanna see Vision and Metal Men interact.
At the very least a moment where Vision and Platinum are at the sidelines, just pining over their human love interest and being like "I know that feel" when hearing one another.

Everyone seems to forget that Avengers have Scarlet Witch. She solos.

no what everyone is actually forgetting is Hank fucking Pym

It only works on men. Is Jess immune to neck snapping?

If you give both teams 24 hours of prep time, the Marvel team will have finished killing each other just as DC arrives to fight.

Then the Marvel citizens old throw shit at the JL, saying some bullshit about how New Yorkers stay together. Then once JL leave they start throwing shit at the bodies of the Avengers for something they couldn't control

>no more Justice League

my mugga. I miss me some good old science adventuring.

I'm a major marvelfag and I have no problem with saying a classic JLA lineup would walk over a classic Avengers lineup.

DC's power level has always been higher. Its that very power difference that led me to *preferring* Marvel in the first place. The JLA is basically a superhero pantheon, the Avengers are a buncha street-level vigilantes with Thor tagging along sometimes. I prefer the smaller character-driven marvel stories over the story-driven dc events. But they're both entertaining in their own way.

I just don't care about hypothetical fight scenarios. The two universes are different and IMO something of value would be lost in forcing the two into the exact same "ruleset". I'm fine with reading JLA for JLA-level crises, and Avengers for Avengers-level shenanigans.

Stop being so autistic.

There's like 5 characters in all of Marvel that actually fight at speeds faster than light, while in DC every other mook is FTL. Wolverine has moved too faster for Thor to hit, Superman and Wonder Woman are both faster than light itself, they're not even comparable. In a no morals fight The Avengers would all be dead before they even knew the fight had started.

You mean the comic where the writers were contractually obligated to let Superman not lose one on one?

>magic affects Supes 1-for-1 with normal people
that has never been true and you're stupid for believing it

Both universes have heir trump cars. DC has more speedsters by far, and they're faster than almost anything in Marvel. Marvel on the other hand is overflowing with powerful psychics who could shut down a large portion of the League without really trying. It's basically a quickdraw.

That being said, Silver Surfer takes them both, simultaneously.

It does with spellcasting, like 'turn into a frog' or 'possesion spell', and with magic energy, like Shazams lightining, or a magic weapon that has an enchanted edge to cut through anything would cut him like a normal sword. But just magic powered strenght doesn't hurt him more than any other superstrenght.

In a contest of punch versus hammer Supes wins, but Thor could have a chance IF he started throwing lighting around. And it would have to be straight from the hammer, not just calling a storm around them and directing the lighting strikes.

>Marvel on the other hand is overflowing with powerful psychics who could shut down a large portion of the League without really trying.
Most of the psychics are on X-Men. The only Psychic on the Avengers was Moondragon, maybe Sersi. And going mind versus mind against another telepath is one of the few things J'onn can do without jobbing. He might not win (his telepathy strenght gets weaker or stronger depending on the writer) but he can definetly keep the League protected until Flash gets around to punching the enemy telepath in the back of the head.

1st of all, you're a true autist for getting mad with normies and kids.

2nd,it's true that Dr. Strange would easily solo the JL.

Idk enough about Scarlet Witch to know if some magic user like Zatannah can counter,
So maybe.

He'd be too busy wrestling with Dr Fate.

She can literally think people out of existence.

That is one of the most inopportune times to work in a Spinal Tap reference.

Man these are on par with Youtube comments.

>Supes would be crushed
He'd stumble for a while but then come out on top, just like in BvS.

I haven't read much Dr Fate but Strange seems to be on a whole other level. If Dr Fate could last more than two minutes he has a chance but Strange is so fucking OP it's not even funny. To take on Strange I think only Timothy Hunter would stand a chance he may be even more powerful than franklin richards

Only when she's a villain. Evil gives you a hell of a power boost.

If we're counting psychotic breaks, Martian Manhunter on fire was invisible and intangible behind them when they came in, dominated Wandas mind and makes her say no more Avengers.

>tfw realistically they would fight due to an initial understanding but team up when a larger threat arises

didn't that already happen?
>hulk
>Tony
>Thor
>Pym
>Janet
>Cap

all not avengers

So literally every teamup plot ever.

It's just like how BvS they kept advertising the fight, but any cape reader with half a brain would know they'd briefly fight and then it'd be a teamup.

Source ?

>powerful psychics who could shut down a large portion of the League without really trying.
>Wait...I think....
>NAARGH
>CHARLES NO

In most incarnations of Scarlet Witch she struggles to make walls fall down. Zatanna can do literally anything if she says it backwards.

In JLA/Avengers Wanda got access to DC universe chaos magic and it allowed her to do all kinds of things she usually can't do, like teleport people around the world. Zatanna can do all that routinely because DC characters are more powerful (hence the power boost for Wanda and Flash without the Speed Force and other things that gave the Avengers a fighting chance)

Hello, faggots.

>Implying he would ever lose 1v1 to any avenger

You don't even know the name of the writers right?

Not only that is bullshit, a excuse fan boys tell themselves, but the writer was the very same one that took thor and made him a real powerhouse as opposed to a jober, for two decades hulk got all the attention. The writer of the story was the very same writer that was in charge of the avengers. You are a retard.
The league wins, they are an a team, I know casuals don't know this but the avengers were always third or in their nest moments a second tier group.

The question isn't who wins between them and the league, as the league wins against everything, the question is if the X men, can beat the league. And my money says yes, but I don't know enough about the league, just that if you cut the telepathic link between batman and the Martian the league will have no means of communication.

>Most powerful version of said character
Golden Supes makes the multiverse disappear before she can say "No"

>Implying the pychics could think faster than light
The Flash snaps everyone's neck before they can try to mindrape

>but any cape reader with half a brain would know they'd briefly fight and then it'd be a teamup.

They spoiled Doomsday and the "I thought she was with you" line in the 2nd-3rd trailer, you don't need a comic brain for that.

What about Franklin Richards, though.

Silver Surfer mops the floor with the JL in all seriousness.

>Silver Surfer
>Avengers

Defenders, Avengers, whatever. Didn't the Defenders also have Dr. Strange?

which x-men? If we are talking O5 or other early versions of the team only the pheonix was powerful enough to take on the league. And it would be silly to include reality warpers like Quentin Quire cause all the mutants that powerful are not really X-men.

well yeah

Bob makes these match-ups useless, outside of meta-Supes going for it

err no

no feat to back that up, although he probably also operates outside the physical

if flash is allowed to be as powerful as he actually is he could probably oneshot most of the avengers, Supes and MM could take the rest easily and if WW can still turn SSJ it's not even a contest

I'll always applaud Busiek for being fair in AV/JLA, fights & asspulls are a part of comics inherent goofiness so I thought it worked.

And on the Thor Superman thing?

In a straight up comic style slugfest, Supes is usually AUGHT to win, DC contract faggotry aside. If Thor goes 'full thunder god'? Cosmic storms, magic lightening, & Kirby crackles? He'd kick the shit out of Supes. Busiek addressed this as well, after their fight Thor says "I have his measure now.." implying that he'd give Superman both barrels.

But some folks just have to see their favorites win no matter what, like these retards

it seems a tendancy to root for a 'team', like sports fans. as objective as i want to be about supes and thor, i just want thor to win.

Honestly Superman not holding back could solo most Avengers teams.

>Superman not holding back could solo most Avengers teams.

Who is Count Nefaria?

JLA/Avengers, the reason Marvel stopped working with DC.

>in, DC contract faggotry aside.

That's bullshit and is not real

you're right, who?

>cosmic storms, magic lightening,

His lightning isnt magical, it's plasma, the hammer its magic

no, the lightning is magical when it comes from the hammer, it is actual lighting when it comes from the sky. I can tell you have never read Thor

OG Defenders versus the Justice League would actually be a far more even fight.

>Silver Surfer
>Hulk
>Namor
>Doctor Strange

Add in a couple more members, maybe Captain America just so you can have Batman and Cap fight each other and it looks way more even.

you know, we haven't mentioned black panther yet. He would be a good match for WW actually. I don't know who would win in that match actually.

He had to die for the public to finally like him in BvS.

That only works because nobody talks trash at a funeral. Logically, the moment he comes back from the dead, he should be come a controversial figure again, if not even moreso because more than ever he would appear to be the literal second coming of Jesus to some people, a blasphemous false Jesus to others, a third party who are scared by the controversy and fervor his mere existence stirs up in the first two parties and what they might do, and of course you'd still have the pundits who keep bringing up all the collateral damage caused in his fights and how he's the one who keeps attracting these threats to humanity's doorstep.

Thanks MCU.

>it's the media's fault that teenagers act like teenagers

could they take on the Justice League?

MMH usuless during daytime? This one in particular really puzzles me

Doctor Fate is a cosmic abstract tier guy. He and Doctor Strange are on similar power levels (so magic that it just doesn't matter anymore)

Honestly not that familiar with the Avengers, what are Vision's and Scarlett Witch's powers anyway? Could MMH contain SW's powers? Otherwise it's pretty comical how Hawkeye and Cap would be completely useless in this fight

I only ever read Plas in his silly self contained solo runs, is he actually considered powerful in team books?