>watch 2012
>google it
>mfw it actually happened

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGiR2TmeNYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you mean?

The movie was actually released.

Yea I know, it came out whats your point?

year 2012 was a year and that year happened. So did 2011 and 2010. And 2009 happened too. Nice thread OP.

>watch 300
>google Sparta
>mfw it actually existed

>watch 1984
>Google it
>it's actually happening

>watch Titanic
>it actually sunk
>wtf cameron

Childhood is idolizing 1984. Adulthood is realizing Brave New World makes more sense

IT WAS M'LADY'S TURN
FUCK DOTARD DRUMPH AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>mfw I google this
You mean to tell me this shit happens every year? Fucking cray!

>WYPIPO

Anyone else unironically fall for the 2012 meme?

>mfw 2012 was twelve years ago

i liken the first movie
it tried to tone down on the proper capeshitey action
unlike the fucking sequel
liegit pissed me off that I waited 10 fucking years for capeshit

what does this have to do with 1984

Fuck, don't remind me.

>Mom was convinced from 2010-December of 2012 that the end of the world was real
>look up websites, books, etc etc
>doesn’t shut the fuck up for almost 3 years
>date goes by and nothing happens
>she says nothing and refuses to acknowledge anything she did
>call her out on in to this day
>denies she ever believed it
Fuck you mom you lying cunt

childhood is still singling out these two works for comparisons because that's what you read in high school

It's like Kony 2012.
Normies were bandwagonning, saying it was legit, then when it got exposed, they acted like they never supported it.
Some people just can't deal with being called out.

it got so much coverage with news reports on retards that thought it was real

See I literally never heard of Kony until after I watched Charlie Brooker talk about him was this just big in the UK or something?

I remember never thinking it was real but the night before it was supposed to be the day, December something 2012, it was really windy and stormy so I got kind of spooked

It was pretty big with high school/college kids in the US, but more college kids.
I remember walking around my campus seeing people posting KONY 2012 signs up until all the news came out how it's bullshit

>tfw mom is obsessed with Mayan history and kept telling people they were reading the calendar wrong for years to no avail

I hate to break it to you but you mom is retarded

Tell me something I don’t know. I blame Nintendo for not releasing a new animal crossing game since 2008. She used to play that everyday for hours which kept her busy from latching onto retarded shit

hahaha holy shit my mom loved that game too. Only video game she ever played but she was so obsessed with it and still brings it up randomly to this day. Why the fuck was Animal Crossing so enticing to moms?

I had a friend who said a comet will melt in the Earths atmosphere and somehow gift us with evolutionary enlightenment. After the day she just pretended it never happened like all of the other failed dreams she has had.

>watch shoah
>google it
>mfw it actually happened

I didn't have to read either of those in school.

How will we exp.lain this movie to future generations? "Uh... some people thought the world would end, so we made a movie about it."

>watch Rome
>google it
>mfw Caesar and Mark Antony actually existed

Implying future generations would watch a movie so old. They already act as if the 1980s were eons ago. Good luck trying to get a modern teen to watch a movie in black and white

Your mom sounds cool

oy vey it's still happening

>watch planet of the apes
>google it
>mfw Caesar actually existed

Unless they're try hard"fuck you, I'm not like all the OTHER teens" teens

Kek my mom also loved animal crossing. She liked the music

>watching Anne Frank movie
>google up Auschwitz
>mfw Holocaust actually happened

>

i remember being disappointed it didnt happen

>watching WW2 movie
>google Hiroshima
>mfw America really incinerated hundreds of thousands with nuclear fire

>implying Japanese weren’t absolute subhumans prior to the nukings and didn’t have it coming

ok this was actually kind of funny.

i feel like a retard for laughing.

>watch Schindler's List
>google it
>"Oh shit, the holocaust actually happened"
>google some more
>"oh wait, no it didn't"

A long, drawn-out invasion would've had a way bigger death toll, most likely put Japan under Soviet control and been much more damaging to the japanese economy. The nukes were unpleasant and horrible, but way better than the alternative.

>implying it didn't happen while we were sleeping and we've been in purgatory ever since

lol

>Kony 2012
remember when the owner or leader or whatever went nuts and ran around a city naked screaming at people.

youtube.com/watch?v=yGiR2TmeNYc

pure IRL kino

The thing I remember most from mayan calender bullshit is some guy on /x/ saying "No guys you just don't get it, there WAS a worldwide paradigm shift, you just have to be spiritual like me to notice it".

>Watch Barefoot Gen
>google it
>it actually fucking happened

Americans are monsters.

sup. sry not sry.

The alternative of nuking an uninhabited region of Japan to show off the capability?

2012 was unironically the best year of my life. Everything has been pretty much downhill for me since then. So I guess the meme had some truth to it...

>Kony 2012
That happened during my senior year of high school. I remember the day after the video was first uploaded, one of my teachers gave this whole presentation about how great of a movement this was and how it was an oppurtunity to give back to society or something like that.

Days later one of the guys responsible for the thing was caught jerking off in public.

they'd have re-evaluated but still remained a hostile entity. dropping the bomb on them scarred them so badly they signed a treaty to stay out of war that they're only now reconsidering because NK's been rattling their sabers a little too loud. And even then they'll probably still ask Big Daddy USA if its ok

adulthood is realizing how poorly almost everybody understands orwell

Especially Hillary "1984 was about how authoritarian governments are a good thing" Rodham Clinton

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both reasonable choices as they military keypoints for the japanese naval warfare.
And seeing how the US constantly threatened the japanese commanders of the destruction that would occur if they didn't surrender and sent out leaflets warning civilians of air raids, the emperor was well-warned and should've shown better judgement. For goodness sake, the second bomb was dropped only because the japanese densely still wouldn't capitulate.

2010 was strangely the last comfy year for me, people werent obnoxious, no sjw/meme right. People were light-hearted and there was no real treat of terrorist attack. I could go outside and drink a lot with my buddies and even the shitty music a this time didnt bother me. If i remember its also the year i spent my summer playing Dayzmod with my friend...
fuck

Shit i meant 2012 of course

Everything after 2010ish is when it all went to shit. There’s a collage some user made of how 2007 was the end of all things good but 07-10 had some cool stuff. I genuinely can’t tell 2011-now apart though

>google Mad Max
>tfw it's a documentary

2012 was the only decent year of the 10's for me but yea i can agree its the worst decade and i cant recall of anything good since 2013