Are Takeshi Kitano films kino?

Are Takeshi Kitano films kino?

Fireworks is his best film IMO. Violent Cop is also great.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaharu_Yodogawa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's kino whenever he doesn't get out of the yakuza theme thing.
Aniki was my favourite.

>he hasn't seen Kikujiro's summer - the GOATEST of Ki(no)tano

He was also the best part in GitS.

This.

Kikujiro Is Kitano's best film.

I watched Sonatine, it was highly enjoyable but I think the last twenty minutes were sort of in that gray area of "this is sooo cool isn't it?" and "this is actually cool".

/ourguy/

One of the best directors at least in my opinion.

MXC thread

>Are Takeshi Kitano films kino?
yes, without a doubt

Takeshi's Castle is even more kino than his movies.

this

>You will never learn Japanese and play through all Yakuza games while watching Takeshi's movies and Japanese tv show in the hours of respite

I adore Takeshi but I have no idea why is he called the true heir to pic related, I see no connection.

I didn't really like Hanabi desu, bit too depressing for my taste

What? I don't see anything similar in Kurosawa and Kitano. How is Kitano supposed to be Kurosawa-mini? I consider Kitano on his own, he is great director and needs no relations such as "follower of Kurosawa" to have merit to him.

Isn't this that failed Jap comedian? Why would anything he make be kino?

>just saved this pic and realized your mouse cursor was in the video

You complete fucking dumbass. How could you fuck up so immensely. Fucking cocksleeve, now I have to go through my library and delete this shitty image you've attached to your pleb-tier post. Hole.

>uses animu weeb pictures
>has no clue who Kitano is
stop posting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaharu_Yodogawa

ask this guy

easily but thats hardly an achivement

They are.

this
and Sup Forums is anti abortion.
wew lads

It's more like Japanese cinema struggled and strong auteurs failed to emerge after the 70's and Kitano became the de facto ambassador of the industry, with the international critical recognition, blend of humanistic poetry with genre mass appeal, etc. Kurosawa and Kitano sometimes doing interviews together, both being painters, critics claiming he was the best since Kurosawa, etc.

The same way Spielberg could be seen as the current heir to Ford, despite being very different, he still captures a certain idea of the greatness of American cinema and being universal to all kind of audiences.

Kikujiro is total kino and everyone should see it

A Scene at the Sea is his best