Hal Jordan & the GLC #13 Storytime

A look back, and a look at what's yet to come...

Polaris surviving the future GLs solicitations?

ere we go

Can anyone get rid of the text for me?

Action Comics: Detective Comics: JLvSS: G'night folks! Support the official release!

I don't think that's Polaris

Isn't that Evil Star?

that's evil star

That was... pretty pointless. Recap issue of the storyline we just read? Why?

Evil Star. Also I wonder if Romat-Ru will be even a little important later on

>Volthoom Corps
Oh yeah, I hope Frank gets one/

it's basically a teaser for upcoming storylines.

>another War of Light
can we give this a rest for awhile

next arc is a time travel arc so probably

Cool.

Kind of neat to see civilian perspective but it was kinda filler too. Alright issue with some really cool pages.

I quite liked that. A nice inspiring little side issue with some teases of stuff to come.

Her grandkids are going to be scarred for fucking life though.

Best part of this, no Kyle at sight.

Guy with a hockey stick. Nice. Plus soranik is fighting a sapphire huh. Thanks for storytime

I hope it's the Sapphire's that're the bad guys. I want the Yellows to stay good for a nice long while.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dropped.

You can see a Sinestro guy punching a green in the forefront

Sinestro corps have two factions now.

I know how you feel. Vendetti making Disco war only spells disaster

>HOPE
All will be well.

This is kind of lazy but also kind of neat to see some sneak peeks

Power Ring Corps is probably the most interesting of the bunch and that third one looks like it's straight from Johns era

Hmm, Romat kills Tomar and we get a female Xudarian GL?

The guardians were right, fucking sentient beings and their retarded emotion rainbows.

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

Hal you're a Green Lantern, not the Crimson Chin

nice

I mean he could have died of old age but then Tomar-Re was alive for Krypton and that was thousands of years ago

I feel like power ring corps doesnt work too well if the spectrum is fear (being afraid) and I like how Evil Star is returning. Bring back Goldface. Im kinda worried that the hype will be disappointing since Venddetti isnt writing it.

>Evil Star back

Good, he has been woefully underused for years now. I hope some more classic villains get brought back now that Polaris and Sonar are also back.

what is this, like the fith rainbow war?

wait, Venditti is off the book? NO WAY, after he just got better?

He's on it for at least 24 issues and it looks like he has more than that planned

The empty eyes make them look like zombies

>Will chases away fear and rage and greed

coincidentaly the three counters to the green light. Jordan told you this didn't he grandma?

AWESOME cover.

Variant is nice as well.

I think this is the first issue of HJatGLC where the regular cover was better than the variant cover.

>60 years from now

Why is it in the future?

So is this gonna be a "civilian's perspective" version of the recent arc?

What happened to Hal's chin?

Those giant robots remind me from celestians

Since when did Starro make noise?

What in the fuck is all this shit?

wat.

>sci-fi super science alien planet
>still hand wash dishes

Presumably to give the artists time to finish drawing the first issues of the next arc.

Thanks, OP.

>threats old and forgotten

Now are these actually old concepts or just new things that are 'ancient' because I do not recognize those things.

>Xudarians are the humans of their space sector

This might surprise you but a lot of sectors have dedicated planets for GLs. Ch'p/Bd'g are both from H'lven and Ch'ps introduction shows that every GL in their sector is from their planet. There is a guy in one sector that dies and gives birth to himself in a volcano every few years who has been the GL of that sector for hundreds of years. Arisia's family has been GLs for generations and Korugar has had 3 back to back GLs.

oh, fuck. That is volthoom's plan. His own corps

I meant to say since he's writing it. While I do agree with you that he got better, the quality of the book is still meh but yeah you're right a new writer would bring GL back to the dirt.

I think the two on the right are new

Isn't will just a great way to realise greed (and rage) though.

I want this next war of light to end with the Lanterns being btfo by someone, civilians or Superman or L.E.G.I.O.N. or whatever, for being so useless at their job.

Is there a better Green Lantern book of the 2? I know literally nothing about new guys.

Well...they are now that Krypton is gone.

St. Walker still the only Blue left.

I will fight you bitch

I'm enjoying Green Lanterns more because we're actually seeing the new guys develop and build a nice partnership. HJ&tGLC so far (this issue aside) has been all about "Look at how awesome Hal is!"

>"Look at how awesome Hal is!"

More of a "getting the band back together" type thing. Hal was mia/dead for half this arc.

Boop

>each GL shoots in a slightly different way
I love it when they do that

DC could use more Cosmic beings honestly.

I've had an idea in my head where the GL's are basically brought under control of representatives from each Sector, since everyone gets tired of their shit.

>death of Krypton
>thousands of years ago

I really don't think that's the commonly accepted canon.

Hal's chin is his defining physical characteristic. (Some would argue for his ass, but those fools got lost on their way to a Nightwing thread)

Any time you see it and it's NOT big, the artist fucked up.

The UP is founded because people are tired of the GLCs shit.

I judge artists based on how they draw Hal's hair, personally

>A world of advanced flying ships
>Can't get a dishwasher

Explain

People don't seem to draw the curl in his hair that much anymore.

Yeah he gets drawn with slicked back hair a lot, or just kinda short and messy

I like his floppy hair and the spitcurl

Damn, I wish Johns was writing this. But no, we'll get Venditti or Dogfucker.

We've already gotten 3 of these from Johns. It's time to let other people try shit out. Dogfucker has already shown he can write the Earth based GL adventures somehow.

Who's the bionicle looking guy again?

Stel. He's actually a really old character that got brought back in Tomasi's GLC thankfully.

uh oh

I'm hoping that's one of Sinestro's people and not Soranik yellows. Why would she go bad?

It has to be one of Sinestros because it's not like people like Romat-Ru and Arkillo are going to follow her so there's going to be a Yellow Civil War at some point.

Good cover

bump

up

Hal had to save a planet and he said if Tomar couldnt save Krypton how can I. This is around the same time where Carol told Hal to choose her or the ring. I mean it might not be Canon now but idk aliens have long lives

Same. If it doesn't involve Kyle-wank then I'm just not fucking interested.

How can Stel be a green lantern if he can't access the emotional spectrum for being a robot? I don't understand. I get that comic writers ignore the rules for their worlds all the time but this is really egregious. It would be like if Captain America was Canadian all along, or if the green lanterns were actually red because everyone in the world has colorblindness