Do people who reads comics look down on those that read Manga?

Do people who reads comics look down on those that read Manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rXkxCOVghq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

Yes and vice versa.

And vice versa.

No, as long as they don't go weeaboo.

As an avid reader of both, no side has any ground to talk about the other.

No, but both look down on those who read capeshit and moeshit.

This

Yes

what's moe? the only manga I like is Lupin the Third

>implying moeshit isn't an anime only thing
at best you could probably find like 4koma type of series, but even though have some level of merit besides being cute. Moe, doesn't translate well on page.

I've met several weebs who've never owned a single book not printed in reverse, but pretty much every Western reader I know has at least a couple moonrune tomes tucked away somewhere.

comics suck though because they are too limited. the characters constantly change depending on the writer and everything is held up to some canon standard which they have to reset eventually cause no one knows what is going on anymore and the stories suck. truly interesting stories cannot be told anywhere except alternate universe stories because x character is busy and can't be used or x character can't die or no you can't characterize that character that way. they also suck at making any overarching theme or ultimate goal for the character. in manga a character may have a villain they are trying to defeat for hundreds of chapters while comics just introduce a villain who lasts for 6 issues or some shit and then everyone forgets him and the whole last 6 issues are practically forgotten to make 6 more with a new villain.

>the characters constantly change depending on the writer and everything is held up to some canon standard which they have to reset eventually cause no one knows what is going on anymore and the stories suck
Okay, just read the thousands of comics that don't that.

>Don't read capeshit
There, fixed your problem.

I like both. Life's too short to be a faggot.

This makes you sound like you dont even read comics. I read manga and comics and collect both and i can say that there is wayyyy more shit manga then there is capeshit comics

>there is wayyyy more shit manga then there is capeshit comics
I mean manga is a far larger industry. Proportionally though? Eh.

>the only manga I like is Lupin the Third
Where the fuck did you find it, or any of them?

I read and buy both. I hate myself and so do I.

Moe is cute girls doing cute things and having eyes bigger than their fists.

I don't i think we both could learn from each other share tastes.Comic writes like manga and manga writes like comics.
Just look at Kōhei Horikoshi who loves capeshit and made an awesome manga of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=rXkxCOVghq4

Comic readers don't shun upon Manga readers.
Geeks shun Weeaboos.
There is a difference.

the truth is if you dislike something because the country it came from, you are an idiot.

simple as fuck.

What about people?

Will NtK ever get an official English translation? I really want to buy it all but I can't read moonrunes.

Eh a good story is a good story.

I will make fun of how cheap all manga is made.
I mean B/W, half page size (but too thick to fit in your back pocket), and pretty much never hardback so enjoy your bent spine if you actually attempt to read it.

When I was little got a few of them and Rouroni Kenshin or whatever its called at a mall

>implying superhero comics aren't the only things worth reading in all of literature
If I want comedy, I'd watch a movie or see a TV show. If I wanted something "realistic" I'd go outside. The only exception is fantasy/sci-fi which is similar to superhero comics anyway.

It's a shame the hardcovers with bigger pages are so rare.

then you are an idiot too.

every person is different, just because you dont like a person who happens to be blonde, will you hate all blondes in the world? The nacionality/race/whatever is the same thing. You hate a person because of a reason, if that reason IS the kind of general part, then yes, you are an idiot.

I dont think so. Just go read it anyway

>Just go read it anyway
I have been, but I want to OWN it in a language I can read.
Life sucks.

then stop complaining and go learn.

it will be better than waiting for it to be released.

No, because they're the same thing.

Imagine if manga did Absolute editions,
And it sort of balanced out their cheap ways, making a hardback full page manga that was like Walking Dead hardback quality.

I don't. Elitism can fuck itself I'm here to enjoy quality entertainment

Learning those stupid signs seems like too much of a hassle, I'll just whine and keep reading it online.
The Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind boxset is pretty great, those pages are the size of most western comics which is a huge difference.

I don't

Other way around.

Comics readers know that comics are the least popular and most hated medium in existence.

Plus some comics readers also read manga.

Almost no manga readers read comics.

they are both autistic manchildren

Anyone who'd refuse to read one or the other just "because" is a retard.

I look down on those who put time or cash into capeshit, but I read and collect everything else that's comic.

Man, even the Germans get Ntk and the Summer-offshoot, and they got an actual media censorship bureau.

Goddamn Germans and their easy access to S&M romcomcs!

>Comics readers know that comics are the least popular and most hated medium in existence.
Yet they're still the best.

There's literally no reason to read non-cape comics unless they're Sunday Funnies. Any other genre is done better by having superheroes in them.

I read some of it, but I find a lot goes missing when you don't use colour. I don't mean paint by numbers house style but when colour is used to set tones it adds a huge layer to the medium.

Cape-shit is soap opera for nerd-boys. Seriously. You're like a ghetto housewife watching The Bold and the Beautiful, drinking gin.

I know a few weabs and mostly manga readers who read western shit. It's strange but fascinating.

I for one enjoy the soap-opera elements of The Walking Dead.

I kinda prefer to be black and white, some colors and shit just fuck up the art actually.

you need to be REALLY GOOD to make something cool and because usually the guy who draws and the guy who color arent the same guy, they sometimes cant integrate art to the visual story telling.

It's really great when they do collaborate and work together. Especially if the artist himself is the one who colors it as well and the guy knows what he's doing.

Oh yeah buddy? How about you prove it.

oh I get that, but when it comes together properly it's fantastic. Like how The Black Monday Murders is doing colouring or Seven to Eternity. You can't do those books without colour.

I've never looked down on comic guys even though I read mostly manga. One of my favorite series in either format is the maxx so I can't talk

Is Kiyohiko Azuma chill though? Pretty chill and funny.

I love manga and comics both equally, even if both have plenty of flaws. It really bums me out when fans of either pick fights over which medium is better, it's pretty pointless and doesn't accomplish anything.

Yeah, all three of you.

No? I know I don't.
Both groups are nerds.

Personally, I can't stand weebshit (most of the time). It's nothing to do with the story itself, but the characters. From the ones I've seen the characters don't act like normal people, or react to things I'd see a normal person reacting too. Liked Cowboy Bebop though.

No.
I do look down on snotty altfags, though.

>Characters don't act like normal people, or react to things I'd see a normal person reacting too
>Sup Forums

what the fuck man

they are not real people they are characters, wanting characters to not act like characters is really dumb, even more when you are in Sup Forums, where WAY WAY WAY more characters dont act realistic (they are characters)

It would be pretty embarrassing for them if they did.

manga sucks because they all copy each other and innovation is dead

Not according to market data.

Tex Willer sells more books than Jonah Hex, even as Hex was folded into the Batman-verse.

And children's comics featuring children as main characters outsell them both.

I read comics. I only look down on people who read Marvel.

Everyone should read what they like and look down on indiefags for being snobs.

this is true, here in Brazil this sells 100k + a month easily.

And it was higher a few years ago.

Is this some weird modern brazillian archie?

but manga are comics too? it's like saying bande dessinée is a different thing.

it is a more mordern take in child characters that are really fucking famous.

>do people who read comics look down on those that read comics

lol ~ read a book kid

It happens but it's rare.
The reverse on the other hand...

They are literally the same thing.

No. Manga is just comics but from Japan, right? I look down on everyone who reads geek culture oriented stuff but I know that there is a lot of manga for adults, like Yoshihiro Tatsumi's stuff.

>the characters constantly change depending on the writer
What kind of shit do you read? Don't you read comics that are written, drawn and owned by the creator? I don't think I've ever heard about any adult oriented comic books that had "different writers".

Manga and comics are mediums (the same medium btw), not genres. You're describing commercial capes/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/kiddie shit made by companies, not artists.

lol check out this geek.

Never seen the reverse, only comics fans looking down at manga.
But then, only here on Sup Forums. And probably because I go on Sup Forums and never on Sup Forums.

On the Internet there is tons of weebs who shits on Western comics and animation without knowing anything about it.
Also, I know that it's not the same on America but here in France half of teens are weebs who refuse to accept manga are comics and the not everything from here is for kids.

I've known enough weebs to know they think their manga/anime is superior to things they don't read.
Like bad fanfiction illusions of superiority when it comes to comparing their stuff to stuff they don't read/watch.

I remember when I was younger I used to think capeshit was boring and as a result most western comics weren't as good as manga which I felt had more variety.

When I was a little bit older I realised that the vast majority of both western comics and manga are shit and both have got a small number of really good shit which is worth reading and the rest can be ignored.

And then I got older still and just stopped giving a fuck about anything so it doesn't matter anymore.

Nah.
I look down on those that read manga because I watch anime.

>animefag looking down on mangafags

now THIS IS BEING COMEDY GOLD.

I like both

>cape-fags believe this

>I remember when I was younger I used to think capeshit was boring and as a result most western comics weren't as good as manga which I felt had more variety.

Did you ever ventured out from western capes/kiddie comics to more adult/alt/UG oriented stuff? If you did, then you should know that there's tons of different stuff out there. Western comics are just as varied as japanese comics.

>thread

If anything, I can appreciate their emphasis on action.
I wish "manga-esque" comics would actually lift techniques used in manga instead of the bug-eyed moe superficial shit that's a fraction of that industry.

>I remember when I was younger I used to think capeshit was boring
this is going to get Sup Forums really riled but I didn't get into capeshit until the MCU. I enjoyed the cartoons like 90s X-men, JLU and EMH but it wasn't until the movies that I decided to start reading them. The only comics I read before that were adult graphic novels I picked up from the library, I was into Hellblazer far before I was into capes.

It was cause as a kid I had only read a couple spiderman/superman floppies and there was nothing to draw me in. I'm sure if instead I had read a trade things would have been different. I started reading by my dad reading The Hobbit to me and shortly after that I was into the fantasy epics, grade 4 and 5 I was reading Shannara and in 5 I started LoTRs. So I fucking love world building, which there is a lot in cape comics but a floppy just doesn't do it. And I have never been a fan of Spiderman/Superman/Batman. Thor and that kind of fantasy world building is what I like in marvel and character driven stuff like Green Arrow or Constantine are what I like from DC

Manga isn't a genre. There's a lot of japanese comics without any action.

>not reading both

I look down on those that say bad comics are good.

No, I look down on people who read geek/kid shit no matter what country the comic is from.

I never implied it was a genre, just something more like a school. Action IS better in japanese comics, that's what I am implying.

>Action IS better in japanese comics
I don't agree. But I do prefer how the nipps illustrate movement. Both fast and slow.

this tbfh

BOth have good reason to
>Japs
Manga is filled with generic SoL moe shit
Artists are usually overworked
way more successful variety in stories told when they arent SoL/moe shit
everything's in B&W
things end, whether you want it to or not
>Americunts
Comics are filled with generic superhero shit
artist are usually lazy
DC & Mahvel run a monopoly and most comics are sold from specialty stores that are steadily going out of buisiness
everything ins color
nothing ever ends or dies, the phrase beating a dead horse is an understatement

Out of the two i'm personally a fan on japanese comics, theres more room for a nobody to start a comic and end up becoming something regardless of genre, ontop of more interesting paneling and visual explanations. colorist aren't holding some artists back, and action feels more actiony.