Infamous Iron Man #4 Storytime

This is a good cover. Doom's pained face as he turns away is much like mine when I notice Bendis' name.

Bendis has been "humanizing" Hill lately and I'm not sure I like it.

Way to abandon your country to play superhero, asshole.

>Guy in armor shows up in Doom's cape
>It must be Tony Stark!

Doom's people can't be that dumb.

>This can't be happening, I'm in charge here!

That's all for now

>mother
This continues to trigger the fuck out of me. Why couldn't have Bendis just stick to using Morgana like he always does with every Doom story he writes.

I feel as though they could have used this issue's cover for the next issue and instead have an image of Doom fighting his own robots for this one.

They were dumb enough that the second he left, the whole country went to absolute shit.

>What school?

For once Bendis gives actual justification for why the characters had to meet in person without calling in advance.

Why the hell did Doom abandon his people again?

That's what you get for leaving this bozo instead of KRISTOFF VERNARD. YOUR ACTUAL HEIR.

I would like to know as well?

I mean look at that general he kept talking as if his farther finally came back several years later. When he said he was going to the gas station to get cigarettes.

The situation in Latveria has been like this for months. Why the fuck did Doom take so long to come here and do this? He didn't even come here to do this, he only came because of Ben Grimm.

BENDIS

Yeah, she should be left the fuck alone. Nothing seem out of reach of Bendis' grubby, sausage fingers to destory and defile though. Best case scenario is she is some kind of fake and quickly revealed and tossed aside. Worst case is Bendis ruins another character background.

Yeah, I agree. Marvel seems to be struggling to do anything right. I wouldn't be surprised if this was supposed to be the mom issue but got too decompressed.

Honestly, this isn't that bad. Bendis even tries to avoid some of his usual Bendisisms when he's writing Doom. I mean, there's the usual issue of extreme decompression, but that's only a bad thing if you're actually paying for the comic thus not getting your money's worth issue to issue.

But I just can't fucking get over the way that Bendis is shitting on T&T by having Doom's mom be the villain. If it wasn't for that, I'd actually kinda sorta enjoy the book, but that's just such a huge glaring problem that I don't trust Bendis to justify or make right by the end of this arc.

>tfw you come over to your classmate's house to beat him up but then his mom comes up to you and whoops your ass instead

>browsing on mobile so I don't see the full picture in the thumbnail
>start to wonder what makes this specific issue #4 so infamous
I'm retarded, then again I don't follow Marvel comics, like at all.

I dont follow much of Doom's story

Was Latveria at war with any other country before this? I know Latveria wasnt exactly first world tier back then but why the sudden shift to africa/syria/some shithole country just because doom left?

Is this the first time we've seen Doom's HUD?
I like it.
I want to like this series, but I'm pretty sure it's not that good, I'm just reading it still because I genuinely love the concept.
I wish almost literally anyone but Bendis was writing this.

Yeah! Best Iron Man is back!

>Mom

I'm sure I'll freak out and say 'oh isn't her mother dead and her father's abusive' and somebody will pull up receipts where every single writer has retconned the one part of her backstory that anyone can empathise with?

I wonder if they think it's 'toxic' for someone who was abused as a child to not be a perfect sparkling adult and actually have some control issues?

Honestly, all Bendis ever did was give Hill a name and a barebones backstory, to me it's Fraction that actually tried to have her actions make sense.

Damn, I thought that Morgana is back to fuck with Doom again.

>Bendis in charge to remember who Kristoff is
>Brevoot not saying anything about it

Oh user...

Bump for the only Marvel book I am reading. I hate Bendis but he honestly has not been too terrible.

I'm actually impressed every issue is moving the story forward.

>"Hey here's a lady who could actually run this country in a non-shitshow way, unlike you."
>"Hurry up and find her while I'm conveniently distracted by something else."
so she's dead next issue, yeah?

Bendis is bizzare. He's either unreadable garbage (Moonknight, GotG, X-Men, parts of New Avengers, Civil War II) or reasonably competent if not great (Ultimate Spidey, Daredevil, Alias, parts of New Avengers, this). Unfortunately as he ages he's getting more misses than hits. But suppose that happens to the all of us.

>Yancy Street was right about Ben being a punk this whole time.

What's he remembering/co/

The fuck is with that face and why the fuck is shield so shit now

Doesn't happen to a good writer because he has the ability to recognize garbage writing

Latveria's current war is a Civil War because everything collapsed the second Doom left.

Bendis' problem isn't that he's a bad writer. It's that he's a lazy writer, which is arguable worse.

I remember during Dark Reign I think Osborn in his Iron Patriot armor and Doom were fighting and it showed Doom's hud. It was a scene with a kind of compare and contrast thing with Osborn tech vs Doom tech

top kek

reading civil war II

Is it bad that I think I'm enjoying this?

Nah. It's decent, even if I don't agree with some of the choices Bendis made.

He's just gone from God-King of the sum total of reality to 'just' a man. The guy needs a break.

It's not awful. Bendis has written some real shit in his time, but this isn't that bad.

It probably helps that Doom hasn't really changed in 20 years, so Bendis's total lack of research isn't quite as apparent as normal.

Kristoff is the only boy who ever grew up.