Is this actually worth watching

Is this actually worth watching

It's worth half-watching, like put it in the background while doing chores or browsing Sup Forums or something. This way you can appreciate the overall mystery and cinematography but you won't pay enough attention to notice how shitty the writing and dialogue are.

Its cool but Rus is reddit tier philosopher but its kind of ok BC woody tells him he's a faggot and full of shit

>Reddit-tier
Can you actually use your own words and articulate what you mean?

>muh reddit

The guy is severely depressed and nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humour.

What are some detective/crime shows you like? One thing I liked about it was the setting, not one usually shown on to so it was that which drew me in.

what kind gay question is this? of course, you faggot.

I only watched the 1st season and it was pretty great, I had never really seen a detective show/move quite like it. It's good, unsettling, and has a unique take on the crime detective drama. Watch it.

I liked watching the edgy rust autist telling people they should kill themselves.

Ya its really good, meme tier shit, season 2 is horrible though.

Hell yeah it is mother fucker

Sure.

To be honest I'm not a big TV watcher but I like crime movies like Zodiac, Fargo, No Country For Old Men, Memories of Murder and stuff. The only crime TV shows I've seen are The Sopranos and Fargo (S1) and a little bit of The Wire (which I didn't like).

Martys crisis turned into a surprisingly dominating theme and I didnt think he was particularly interesting. Rust was very obviously made specifically to be interesting and is just instantly revealed as such. With characters like him you either just let it slide or put your guard up and start actually listening and thats when I really cant shake the feeling that he doesnt even resemble a human being in the way that he talks, its so artificial.

I think creators and writers should strive to create believable characters, not parodies.

Very creepy setting that I liked a lot.

I enjoyed the show.

half the season maybe.
and the second season

Season two is pretty cool, but season one has way to much Woody.
Had to stop watching halfway through episode 1.

FROM THE DUSTY MESA

It's OK. Nowhere near as great as people on Sup Forums make it out to be.

Season 1 is great, best cop drama in a while.

Memes aside, it does play with some supernatural/eldritch elements and that's neat.

I have watched the whole 1st season twice. May watch it again this winter. The only way I can describe it is 'comfy': I like the characters (Rust and Woody), I like the sets and cinematography and I like the polt and story (very little filler).
Would reccomend.
Never touched the 2nd season.

Yes, first season is amazing...Skip the second season

>I don't sleep. I only dream.

Yes. Season One is easily some of the best television ever made. Watch it under the assumption that it's a several decade long character study of two friends that become enemies that become friends, not a spooky murder mystery with a bad guy the buddy cop team need to catch.

I like to imagine that the Yellow King (the book, not the ordinary guy) was actually working the way in which the real life book of the same title describes it.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rus on True Detective.

Do they really have an old boot for a badge?

I assumed it was the shape of whatever state they're in (Canadian, don't know American geography)

>Yes. Season One is easily some of the best television ever made

THIS.
It's a shame that season 2 is subpar compared to it. And i doubt season 3 will be any better.

Other way around

Yeah although season 1 is a bit boring cause it tries to be too smart. Season 2 on the other hand was great.

>old boot
It's Louisiana

It's bizarre. The pacing is all over the place, and plots are started, stopped, repicked and dropped with no clear logic. One episode, rust is shown to relapse into hallucinations from time to time - something that never occurs or is mentioned beyond that episode.

Why did the clues in that pic not go anywhere?

one of the greatest mini series of all time
OF ALL TIME

Yea other than the cave at the end....... honey....

Indeed.

Because the reveal emphasizes the fact that Rust works very hard to hide the hallucinations from everyone else in order to keep his job. Having them feature in only two scenes following the initial reveal is a pretty clever way of emphasizing that fact.

Are you an American that needs everything to be displayed on screen with a narrator in order to understand basic writing techniques?

Just skip the first season and watch the second.

Season 1 is great
Season 2 is ironic-kino

yes, it's that good.