Could we have a Dredd thread? Sequel to Dredd3D when? ;__;

Could we have a Dredd thread? Sequel to Dredd3D when? ;__;

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentmirror.pw/torrent-hash.php?id=10A71B04A23984BDA2ADD704E8196AFE87C5430D
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when you go back in time and make it make money

Somethings were just too good for this world, OP.

>Sequel to Dredd3D when?
Never, it was a shitty fucking movie.

Carl Urban keeps trying to hype it up (understandably so he can get a paycheck). It would be cool to see a Netflix style series come out of this setting.

Not any time soon. At least we have more 3Dverse strips.

Speaking of Dredd tho', last week's megazine letters column confirmed there's a Dead Justice sequel coming this year from Wagner, though they didn't confirm Staples back. Who'sss ready for sssome more Dark Judgesss?

Rewatched Dredd 3D recently. It was so dope, really too good for this world. I didn't see it theatres because I thought it looked terrible, so I guess I contributed to its failure. Later bought the blu-ray and watched it with my friends like once a week for a couple months.

As much as I want a sequel, the first really does a great job standing alone and I'm almost relieved that it hasn't been tainted by the franchise tendency.

A series would be great.

the case files are easy to find but does anyone know where i can find any of these online?

origins
the pit
the dead man

been looking high and low but my googlefu is too weak

>white cop kills 200 black men with impunity

do you really wonder why it's Sup Forums favorite movie yet failed in the real world?

The Pit is in Case Files 24 and 25.
The Dead Man and Origins are their own TPBs, but you can find them easy in any torrent of Dredd Epics.

ah okay thanks

>understandably so he can get a paycheck

I feel like he really cares, user
He knows that even if he got a sequel, there's not gonna be big money going for it

If he really cared he wouldn't have starred in such a god awful movie.
He would've waited until someone with a half decent script and budget came along.
Instead we got cliche action movie with Dredd slapped on it.

That is the way to go, a Netflix series would be boss, no need to stick to a 1 hour run time either, you could have wholly contained comic arcs in 2-3 hour movies.

now I get it

Does anyone remember the name of the story where Dredd helps clear up a city block with terrible crime rates and just when he's turned it in to a reputable establishment it gets nuked?

Karl, this isn't healthy. You did the best you could and it was great, but some things aren't meant to be.

>Syd Barret

Do you need a psych cube m8?

Block Judge, by Wagner and Ezquerra. Started in prog 1900, IIRC.

I'm new to this comic pirating business, I'm trying to get cbrs for my friend (I have all the case files, multiple spinoffs and I'm still subscribed to the dredd mega collection which is at like issue 40 something out of 80 atm) please help me indoctrinate my buddy with good dredd stories, I already had him read America, he's just starting apocalypse war and he has cursed earth, the pit and origins as well. Block Judge would be a nice smaller scaled narrative addition to all these 'epics'. Where do pirate scum get their comics?

In 2012 there were only two films I was looking forward to: Prometheus and Dredd.
Prometheus didn't come to cinemas on time in my country because of the fucking football world cup. I watched it on the internet. Glad I did because it sucks.
In autumn then, I was cautious, but I said fuck it and went to the cinema to watch Dredd. Until then I shunned 3D films (mainly because I hadn't seen anything in Real3D yet).
And man, that was great. There were no "flying in your face" bullshit moments and the 3D just made things a bit more plastic. And the film itself is great, I bought the BluRay several times and gave away the other copies to friends who also liked it.

I read somewhere that Karl Urban only agreed to play Dredd if they never make him take off his helmet in the movie or show his face. Ever.

Sounds to me like he does care and respect the source material

Right now? To be honest, I dunno. Desuarchive can help you find the links to the individual progs by trailing through the win-o-threads, but if you want just this story that's gonna be a bit trickier.
Still, give me about ten minutes. I'll cook something out for you.

I remember the threads we had here when the movie hit.
Some user wrote long paragraphs how fanboy Karl annoyed the hell out of Olivia who didn't know anything about the comics.
It was really funny, I wish I had saved them.

But yeah, Karl Urban is known being an avid 2000AD reader and being loyal to the judge.

Don't worry, I just found a really amazing torrent with fucking everything torrentmirror.pw/torrent-hash.php?id=10A71B04A23984BDA2ADD704E8196AFE87C5430D

Man I've been looking for this one for a fucking while. I always wished I had saved it back in some Sup Forums thread shortly after watching the early korean subtitled release of Dredd3D

Cool beans, carry on.
As for your friend, I'd say he's more than ready to tackle the Case Files, but if he'd rather stick to more modern stuff, Tour of Duty -> Day of Chaos -> Trifecta is about everything he needs to get all caught up to speed and start just reading the progs.

He's pretty cool yeah. I'm still sad they cancelled Almost Human. But if we get a Dredd3D Series maybe netflix? maybe it won't be so bad.

I ain't no BritCitzen

awwww, I thought he felt good about things

Another average Joe in Mega City One

Stallone what are you doing here.?

Mega City One sure atracts some characters, doesn't it?

Stallone was pretty down with playing a faceless hero, it was the suits who wanted Stallone's face in the movie.
But I might be wrong.

Gimme a netflix series, so it has a chance of exploring it's whole setting

Yeah no I read that too. tvtropes or somewhere I think...

2000AD isn't usually that... dumb, is it?

Sly is a proper lad, he just was hot shit back then and a victim of circumstance.
I don't hate him for it.

>2000AD 40th anniversary
>25th Rebellion anniversary
>Cock teasing about a possible Dredd game

Happening lads

Hell, maybe we'll finally get that Strontium Dog game, the one that started everything.