What did Sup Forums think of this movie?

What did Sup Forums think of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHu9UjCy_Cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HNNG FEET

People say it is his best, but I just think its average.

It's crap!

Bretty gud

Excellent. More earnest than most of his films.

Unironically, it was too long.

Pretty boring and lackluster compared to all other Tamarindo movies. I still can't get why people like this movie at all.

I think it's great, insanely watchable even with the methodical pacing. it also doesn't get enough credit for being really, really funny

DeNiro is great in it. Maybe I'm just retarded but I didn't really understand the plot at points

honestly one of the funniest scenes in any movie ive watched. it just comes out of nowhere

ACROSS 110TH STREET
PIMPS TRYNA FIND A WOMAN THATS WEAK

Not overlooked or underrated. It got what it deserved.

But this scene is the perfect representation of De Niro's movie career.
youtube.com/watch?v=hHu9UjCy_Cc

I got confused in all that American justice system crap.

Michael Keaton was good in it.

Makes me miss when he used to make movies about stupid criminals that think they’re smart getting caught in plans that go wrong as they often do. Excellent film.

This, I really miss Crime Drama Tarantino.
Nothing he's made since the 90's (besides Inglorious Basterds) has felt up to the same level as these movies.

Tarantino's least Tarantino film and the best one because of it.

The slow build up to the way he tricks and kills Chris Tucker’s dumb nigga ass is one of the best scenes in film history.

>IB compares to his best
Not a fucking chance, although the opening scene and the bar one are 10/10. H8 is the closest one to his older work.

DIDN’T I BLOW YOUR MIND THIS TIME, DIDN’T I?

so why didnt the bail guy berry his face in the brown sugar

>H8 is the closest one to his older work.
come on now

What? Great build up and writing, but he did ruin the poison scene with his big ego and chapter 5 wasn't necessary.

>Great writing
come on now

Why didn't you like it?

Last good Tarantino movie

Now it's all MUH REVENGE

he did said that Basterds/Django/H8 are a revenge trilogy, so I doubt he will turn the Manson movie into a revenge plot

>Jackie Brown isn't muh revenge
What movie were you watching?

>Kill Bill

Bland, forgettable and pretty boring. Sup Forums seems to love it though and I really can't see why.

You can't tell me the writing was good. The hangman's spiel about "I'm the guy that stands between life and death" or whatever is like something I would have written 10 years ago in high school. Then Kurt Russell's like "ONE OF THESE GUYS IS OUT TO GET US" out of nowhere. And the door blowing open shtick got tired fast. I only saw it once (when it came out) so there's probably a lot I'm forgetting. Tarantino's little narration part in the middle didn't fit for me either.

I mean the soundtrack is great and the violence is pretty good, but the writing just didn't work for me and it ruined my enjoyment of the movie.

he's a derivative autist footfag but he's never made a bad movie. Death proof, django, and even kill bill would be his weakest but those still have value to them.

Only movies made nowadays are remakes, capeshit, or obvious oscarbait and Tarantino manages to not do any of those.

to be honest i ironically posted about this being his best movie for a while to see if Sup Forums would parrot it because it's so obviously contrarian and the film is the most 'normal' of his. i think it worked

For me it was more about unrequited love and missed chances in life that you do not dare to take.

That's why Robert Forster was so good as Max, he seems to embody those kinds of feelings.

Making homages to 70s B movies with good dialogues and action is his shtick, and he's good at what he does.

Reservoir Dogs is """objectively""" much better

>Then Kurt Russell's like "ONE OF THESE GUYS IS OUT TO GET US" out of nowhere.
He probably knew she was in her brother's gang and assumed it's members are out to get him and rescue his sister, so the doubt he had wasn't so out of nowhere for me.
>you can't tell me the writing was good
I found it so and there were some nice foreshadowing segments early on you could spot, too. I've seen it again two-three weeks back and really liked the growing tension within the cabin and that memed to death Sam L. moment where he's conversing with the general. The growing friendship between his and Goggins's character was also great and the ending scene was also neat.
While it sometimes bordered being RD 2.0, I was quite fond of it and it's his best since Jackie for me.

It's the one Tarantino movie I always come back to. It's great

Have to agree with pretty much all of this post. Personally I warmed to Death Proof a lot on the rewatch, certainly prefer it to Django. I haven't seen Hateful 8 yet but I think Death Proof was where he started getting self-indulgent and losing some of that undeniable cool. He's steadily gone downhill since but still makes above par movies.

Well I can respect your opinion. It did have its moments, and the ending was pretty good. I mean I don't think it's a bad movie by any means, just not in my favourites.

I also prefer his older work to it, but I really liked the setting and it's execution, although it does feel a bit too alike to his earlier work. He should start giving a fuck again and make a great film, instead of just fucking around, because he knows people will blow him left and right.

I liked Hateful Eight quite a bit. Granted I watched it when it leaked, when I was basically snowed in with a bottle of whiskey which was a good mindset to watch it

if you like tarantino's dialogue and dont have a fucked attention span the film is top comfy. at least it was for me.

The biggest flaw is that it has too little deniro