Carnage #16 Storytime

Final issue! Lets do this!

And that's a wrap!

What a whirlwind of a story. Shame Brock is just getting rehashed into venom again shortly.

>And she pulled the TOXIN symbiote right out of Claire Dixon!

Marvel's editors literally do nothing.

So... Toxin is kill?

On twitter, Gerry Conway said "It's very possible its still alive"

It's a comic. Toxin could come back literally any way.

Flash will probably get Toxin after Eddie gets Venom.

I honestly could be down for that. Lets Flash still get to be a super hero as Agent Toxin, and Toxin gets somebody who reminds it of Pat. Flash can teach it to be a hero, just like he did with Venom.

What should we call her?
Antitoxin?
Antidote?
Panacea?

short lived

Goodbye you awesome bastard, damm i loved this book.

>What should we call her?
Dead.

Thanks, OP. I'll miss this, especially now that the only ongoing symbiote series is Costa's Venom.

Good book. I will miss it.

Is Carnage going to be alright? Will Toxin be alright?

>Is Carnage going to be alright?
Almost definitely. I mean, motherfucker survived being ripped in half in space because he's too popular to die.

>Will Toxin be alright?
kek

Same

>They never had him go full Stargod
What a waste.

Have to say the best thing about this book was the covers.

I've loved this series as a whole, but can't help but feel this was an anticlimatic ending. They defeat Cthon just by uttering some magic words that turn Toxin into an Angel for some reason? It's really confusing.

Like I said though, I really enjoyed the whole series.

>On twitter, Gerry Conway said "It's very possible its still alive"

I hope it is. Flash needs a new symbiote now that Brock is going to be Venom again. Hopefully Flash will get Toxin and star in a new book alongside Mania.

>I mean, motherfucker survived being ripped in half in space because he's too popular to die.
well, symbiotes tend to do very well in space
Along with being amorphous

And with Cletus and Carnage being more perfectly bonded than an anime protagonist and his mecha/demon/plot-device. what else could have happened?

Frankly, I'm surprised anyone every manages to separate the two

I'm not sure anybody at Marvel actually fully understands how symbiotes work, other than teeth and big eyes.

They should fucking make Venom bi-monthly. It would at least move the shitshow along faster.

Reading bump

Speaking of covers, here is an upcoming "Corner Box" variant cover for Venom #4 by Joe Jusko.

Occult shit is cool.

RIP

So I'm confused, what happened to Toxin?

No idea. He better be alive.

And it's really weird how Eddie didn't say a thing about it at all.

This story was cool but if feel apart for me in some places. The lovecraft stuff, although cool, felt kind of meh and out of place. I think it was because they attached carnage to it all. Eddie couldn't do cool Toxin stuff because other characters felt he should be dialed back. I don't care much for most of the characters and Brock was pretty stale most of the time. I didn't think any of the main character interaction was fun. It was mostly in service of the plot. Idk. A lot of anons seemed to like it so maybe it's just me.

Give it too... Kaine.

Not quite sure how to feel about this story overall but thanks for storytiming it.

Will it let him be hardcore?

did Jameson just die

>Toxin went back into Comic Book Limbo

Kill me

Best case?
Looks like it got absorbed into the book
Worse case?
Looking at it's basically disintegrated

His mom won't let him.

Also kind of a disappointing end, Cthon doesn't get to do anything, Toxin gets proofed out of the spotlight again, Brock gets chumped out, whatever the fuck that magic purple symbiote shit was, and Carnage is defeated by a spell that convienintly separated the symbiote from him which is what his body is made of.

Nah, it's dead Jim. Otherwise couldn't have happen.

Okay, just lay back...

>Carnage is defeated by a spell that convienintly separated the symbiote from him which is what his body is made of.
Magic splitting one into their original parts sounds perfectly fine, mate. It's not like someone shot a sonic blaster at him and they split apart

At this point, Carnage's original parts ARE symbiote
... or not
Frankly, I thought the symbiote regrew his legs at some point like it fixed his brain, but he's legless now, so who knos

It is magic. It might even be a human body was constructed from some of the material and everything else remained symbiote.

They mention him on the last page or the one before it.

>but he's legless now, so who knos

I thought he was just kneeling.

I think he's stumpy

I thought he was missing his whole legs before
I don't know, really

Are we allowed to link to twitter posts on here?

He's supposed to be missing his entire waist down, yes. Some artists completely forget or just draw stumps like Flash

I don't see why not.

Conway said Toxin could still be alive.

Not gonna lie, that was a pretty underwhelming finale. Can't say I'm happy with the ending.

Yeah, and I'm not happy with the way Toxin just disappeared and nobody said anything about it, not even Brock.

Overall, this story was weird....weird in a good way, it wasn't a perfect story by any means but interesting enough to keep me reading which is more than I can say for most Marvel books coming out these days

Am happy Brock is going back to being Venom, it's been a long time coming that Eddie has had any action. He might be controversial in that he is hated by some and loved by others, but I never liked how it seemed like Marvel was trying to "retire" his character for so long, he has fans for a reason and let's not forget, Marvel these days treats Venom as if it refers to the symbiote itself, but back in the day "Venom" was synonymous with Eddie Brock

I just hope the writers don't make Eddie's character regress once he has Venom back.

Regress in what way? I'm not gonna lie, the old school Venom fan in me wouldn't mind if he leaned towards his "Lethal Protector" days a bit....but that doesn't seem likely, what with how much belly aching Brock did in this comic about how he's killed before, and with how much of a douchebag Lee is being made out to be for wanting to use the symbiote for evil

It would seem to me we're being set up for a one hundred percent hero Venom/Brock, no anti-hero "killing the badguys is fine" crap, but then again who knows...I'm excited to see just what they have planned

I'd be pretty okay with a Lethal Protector kinda thing, even if it's not really ideal with the changes Eddie has gone through since then.

My main worry was that they'd make him hate Spider-Man again and always try to kill him and stuff once more.

I thought that's where they were going with Anti-Venom, but in all his standalone stuff / not written by Slott (yes, I know) they were already going with "killing the bad guys is fine"

I just don't get the notion that Brock becoming Venom again means they'll be 100% evil again. Both Brock and the symbiote are nothing like when they first met. They both don't really have the hate in them anymore.

I doubt that, they would have to have some kind of pretty good reason for Eddie to go at Parker again

>they would have to have some kind of pretty good reason for Eddie to go at Parker again
Considering some of those writers out there, I wouldn't be so sure!

Man this book utterly fucked Toxin.

First they treat him as basically an inanimate object, then they turn him into this thing and then just have him disappear out of nowhere.

God fucking dammit.

Yeah, it's very annoying.

To be fair, Toxin's been getting screwed over ever since his mini series.
Remender immediately offs Pat off panel, and then turns Eddie Toxin into a monster, and then we sort of get some semblance of acknowledging that its sentience when Brock is in Philly fighting Flash saying that he made an agreement with Toxin, and then we get this, where except for maybe the one panel where he says "Brock's not here right now", we never get to acknowledge Toxin.

Bump

>One symbiote/host duo decide to follow in Spider-Man's path of heroics, rather than be complete psychos like papa and grandpa.
>Immediatly inherit Parker luck.

You can't make this shit up.

>And it's really weird how Eddie didn't say a thing about it at all.

No its not. Eddie hates symbiotes now (as of Remender's run in the Agent Flash stuff). Remember, he was working with Toxin with a temporary truce. Originally he was going to kill the Venom symbiote and then kill Toxin after.

He doesn't actually care if Toxin survives. Toxin was a means to an end for Eddie.

>Implying Costa has any idea how Brock is supposed to act or how his character has developed over the years.

user, Costa was getting things wrong in the very first sentence of his first issue. Its painfully clear he is far too lazy to do even the most minimum amount of research.

And its safe to say that Nick Lowe and Devin Lewis won't do anything, as we know Marvel's editors are just there to fill space. They do zero work what so ever.

How is Jameson alive?

He and Jack Russel have a suicide pact, so he can't die yet.

>>You can't make this shit up.
That's literally comic-writers jobs
Making this shit up

I really enjoyed the book, but this ending was kind of a letdown to me.

> Chthon, the Elder God and legendary sorcerer, is now a generic easily defeated monster who can't speak English for some reason.

> Kind of apt given how shit mystic Marvel has become.

> It's all very rushed. The journey was alot better than the destination.

So you want to get a job writing at marvel of spooks being overpowered again?

> all those editing errors in the various issues so far.

A drinking game should be or a bingo.

Cool

deus ex machina

Because he's the goddamn Stargod.

Well, I guess since in SJW Marvel Chaos Magic is now Vagina Magic, and Doctor Strange uses an axe and fights in petty hero vs hero stories, you do have a point.

A side note is that Conway created the Darkhold, whereas Mantlo and Wolfman created Chthon, who first truly appeared in Avengers (Nights of Wundagore).

Conway seems unaware of Chthon having difficulty finding/creating vessels on Earth. Where did this Chthulu cosplay body come from? How is it able to contain Chthon's power.

Why didn't Chthon possess Carnage? A much more interesting story avenue IMHO.

I wish it was a double sized issue. I loved the ride. Ending felt rushed.