Why are Korra haters such obnoxious hypocrites?

Why are Korra haters such obnoxious hypocrites?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-four-nations-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-mod-release.878195/
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=738519002
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The drill was legitimately cool and the robots were legitimately retarded

I don't think anyone cites the North Pole episodes as Avatar's best

No one paired Aang and Zuko as vocally as autists like Dobson did for Korra and Asami

because they are a bunch of sub-human pedos who can not handle a protagonist over 15

>larger scale of existing tech vs sci-fi bullshit

>Avatar acting as a conduit for a powerful spirit vs Avatar turning into a giant

>random moment only shippers even noticed vs out of nowhere 'romance'

wow it's fucking
N O T H I N G

>bottom left
vs
>bottom right

one is a confirmed homosexual relationship, the other is just an awkward "dude, that's pretty gay" moment.

>Drill: mid-boss on the second season
>mecha: final boss of final season

>GTS is my fetish so I never complained about giant spirit korra, deus ex jinora on the other hand...

>minor scene taken out of context
>final scene band-aided at the last moment to get browny points.

The robot does look kinda cool, but the cheap CG makes it stick out like a sore thumb. Most of all, though, it just doesn't fit the setting.

Is there any actual reason that Korra turned into a giant blue thing that appeared on another part of the planet instantaneously?

the quality of this bait is more insulting than the bait itself.

Magic and also bad writing.

>Everything I don't like or don't understand is bad writing

This is what Korra haters actually believe

>AtLA set in arguably the mid 1800's considering the 30's feel of Korra
>Tunneling shields existed since the early 1800's so it fits the setting.
>Avatar state + Moon spirit giving aid makes sense.
>Random out of context scene.

>LoK
>Takes place in the 1930's so the bipedal mech that can't be constructed in the 2030's is wildly out of place.
>Full physical transformation into anything other than a past life has never been shown in the Avatar universe, nonetheless a giant spirit energy version of oneself that still loses the fight anyway.
>Moment people shouldn't care about at all either way since putting a plastic tiara on a turd doesn't make it a princess.

Because season 2 needed something climactic to happen and giant versions of two existing characters fighting (minus 90% of their colour schemes and model details) made for a very easy to animate and economic climax.
In universe it's because she fuses with that white god squid thing.

From the thumbnail I thought the top left image was a toa canister washed up on the beach of Mata Nui

The mecha would look way better if it looked rustic like pic related.

This said, lets turn this bait thread into something GOOD.

If you was in charge of making a Korra spin-off what would you do?

Keep in mind, it must happen in the time frame of the show or be related to the backstory of one character and you can't contradict canon.

You can make a new character OR follow a minor character that already exist.

Me for example:

>Red Lotus origin story

>Avatar acting as a conduit for a powerful spirit
This is an important one because that's quite literally what an avatar, in original context, is supposed to be

On a lighter note, has anyone been playing/following the CK2 Avatar mod that's in development?

It's looking to be really fucking good.

I liked the machines and the glowys in both series
i liked the friendly relationship aang achieved with zuko. i didnt notice korra even interacting with whatsername. she was a non-character. also, love is between a man and a woman

>The mecha would look way better if it looked rustic like pic related.
What's wrong with Jet Alone's design?

Basically, that it looks too sophisticated for the first mecha of that size.

Considering the time frame on Korra, it would be way better to go with something Dieselpunkish or Steampunkish than futuristic.

Atla was far better a series but was given a fair shot where korra was picked up season by season so they were more self contained and atla was a whole story told from start to end also korra realy fucked up the atmosphere atla did the opposite plus the traveling in atla helped show the world of bending being practical another issue is the overwhelming amount of powerful benders coming out of nowhere in korra when compared to the gradual encounters in atla

>what if we built Jet Alone in a 1940ish pseudo-magical setting and strapped a Schwerer Gustav to his arm? btw it fires a purple bass spirit laser.

>where korra was picked up season by season so they were more self contained
Korra was made and meant to be a 12 episode miniseries and they got confirmed for 3 extra seasons after the initial stuff got buzz. They worked on Season 2 and then 3+4 together.

I really want to play that and the GoT mod but I can never find a good torrent of the game.

1.Building a giant drill to bore into mountains with magic fire powers. Vs. Building a dam bipedal Gundam w// cannon using 1920's tech and only a few years after the invention of the automobile.

2. Being possessed by the sea spirit which in its own right would be a god in polytheism. Vs being told you are on the same level and instantly doing it.

3. The long culmination of a relationship over multiple seasons. Vs OH Korra is now a lesbian! after a few friendship scenes and no confusion or inner conclusion about herself. They don't even have the BALLS to say it in the show. Just cop out in the last seven seconds.

Korra expects us to believe because "they said so", Aang makes us believe by showing the process.

I think a lot of the problems from Korra come from Bryke not being very good writers on their own and a lot of the ATLA crew not returning. I'm a fan of Korra, but there's a lot of stuff in Korra that could be tweaked to make the show much better. It had a lot of issues with basic stuff like foreshadowing and lacking a basic outline to follow. I know it was only picked up for a few episodes at first, but so was ATLA. They still came up with a general outline for ATLA to follow, and had they been cancelled, they would've ended on The Blue Spirit, which is a pretty good episode in its own right.

The giant mecha was controlled with metal bending. It's no decade's tech.

After decades of besieging Bae-Sing-Sae and failing again and again the Fire nation unveils their master plan. A GIANT DRILL to pierce the walls.

After what??? a year??? 1930's technology builds a mecha with a spirit energy arm cannon?

>After what??? a year??? 1930's technology builds a mecha with a spirit energy arm cannon?
I think they opted to go with the mecha because of the WWII vibe they were going for in book 4. They needed something as a nuclear bomb substitute without actually being a nuclear bomb.

controlled by != powered by.

the whole point of the mech was that it was immune to metal-bending.

and I still say the whole platinum shit was a cop-out

Its still a bipedal robot. Robots today still can't operate w/o bended knees. Not to mention they made it almost instantly after a military coop and forced labor.

It's a fantasy series.

Just buy it when it's on sale

>coop

I really don't get why people prefer TLA over LoK. The former is for children, the latter is at least for an older demographic.

You would have to be a literal child to enjoy TLA.

Definitely I feel Korra was meant to be a much longer show. I would bet money that its budget got cut after the flop movie Shamalan directed.

There were so many characters and ideas that didn't have any screen time or do anything, but felt like they all originally had a place in the plot.

fantasy settings work best when establishing rules early on and playing by them instead of just throwing whatever they think might be cool and yelling MAGIC! when people say it doesn't make sense.

I like Korra too, but it had its fair share of juvenile or silly moments, especially in the early seasons.

that is just bad writing. AKA making more character than the story needs for the sake of having new characters.

Half of Korra's cast is superfluous or dispensable.

A lot of characters were clearly made up as they went along, it's a shame that they didn't develop all the characters they had made before. I remember Tahno and Mako and Bolin's trainer were hyped up pretty well in the weeks leading up to the show and then they hardly ever appeared.

nah, Korra is mature in the same sense GTA is mature.

the main audience is mostly kid and teens trying to prove how cool and totally not childish they are.

LoK will never have the same recognition, fame, or commercial success as ATLA.

And now shows are actually coming out and saying their characters are lesbians and showing emotional scenes so LOK will never be praised for its LGBT cop out ending.

Drill is realistic and grounded in reality. Made conceivable engineering sense.
Giant robot is stupid conceptually, and has no basis in reality. Makes little engineering sense.

Aang teamed up with the literal incarnation of a force of nature using pre-established mechanics (Avatar state)
Korra just had a clichéd moment of “the real power was inside you all along” and became a god from how super special she was.

I don’t even get how this third one is debatable.
If Aang and Zuko suddenly became a couple in the last episode this might have some ground to talk about.

and that is why TLA sucks balls

I agree, The Last Airbender is a crapsack of a movie. no idea how or why shamalamamba ended up directing it

The Thing and Citizen Kane also had a bad reception. The Last Airbender is kino and will be remembered as a classic like BvS.

>They needed something as a nuclear bomb substitute without actually being a nuclear bomb.
Like a spirit cannon? That worked perfectly fine on the ground?

Link!

ok, which aspect of The Last Airbender (acting, writing, effect, editing, cinematography, etc) is deserving of it becoming a classic

Because:

Drills >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robots

Triton/Salamander >>>>>>>>>>> Giant

Gay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lesbian

GET IT STRAIGHT YOUR MORON!

I didn't say it was a good idea.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-four-nations-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-mod-release.878195/

It kiks me out as non registred. Any other link?

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=738519002

I love that even today, camrip gifs and webms continue to circulate (that dark spot in the lower left corner of your gif indicates it's from the camrip). Nobody cares enough about the movie to get a copy of it and make new clips in better quality.

May the spirits bless you, user!

I would want just stories of old Avatars.

Maybe a son of an Earthbender drill Sargent Avatar, who struggles to learn Airbending and falls for an Air Nomad girl.

I am fan of Korra and do think haters are obnoxious but your picture have wrong examples and is not helping.

All those examples from Korra deserve criticism, especially Giant Mech and lesbian copout ending

It should be EU instead but I cant be blame modders if they decided to pick this game instaed.

The mecha would have been way better if it were a huge fucking tank.

ATLA:
Giant drill that has only one function, most likely an engineering nightmare (for its time), and had a death star-esque weak spot (though believable).

Fish avatar was basically the moon spirit fighting back with the help of Aang and his avatar spirit. Without counting Aang, that's two major spirits fighting on behalf of the north pole.

Aang and Zuko was just a screenshot from a moment that was supposed to be funny (firebending masters if I'm remembering that correctly).

LOK:
A mech is cool and all, if this wasn't a spiritual/fantasy series. It felt incredibly out of place and unrealistic. Hell almost everything from the sato company felt out of place, except for the car and blimp. (The first cars were notorious for being shit, but innovative)

Korra spirit felt like a huge asspull, like 'the answer was inside of me this whole time' tier bullshit. Vaatu spirit particle purification was just as bad as deus ex jinora. Go whole hog or don't threaten existence at all. Half-measures never work.

Honestly korrasami doesn't bother me, but that doesn't mean I don't hate this ending. All they had to do was add some scenes exploring this further. Asami desperately needed a character arc instead of filling up empty space in between everything else.

The government system in CK2 works leagues better with something like Avatar than EU4 does.

Fucking kek

Airbender's quality was consistent and had a single satisfying ending.

Korra had a rushed final season that was tacked on at the last minute and the quality took a nosedive as the show jumped the shark.

>Airbender's quality was consistent and had a single satisfying ending.
It was kinda shitty early on, honestly.

>The Ancient Gear monsters.

Those things were fucking sick.

I'll forgive them for that, since it's a hell of a task to cram in as much world building as possible in 23 minute cartoon episode.

I'd say it was more average and stayed there. It made the good episodes like Ba Sing Se feel that much better. Korra had a bigger budget at the start but it jumped all over the place, and when Nick decided it should have another season than originally planned it felt cobbled together.

its called "establishing the setting"

>Show made in mid 90s
>thinking we'd have giant mecha in 2015

And people say Korra has bad writing.

korra will always be remembered as that show that could have been way cooler than it actually ended up being.

LEAVE JET ALONE ;_;

we'd have them if we really wanted them, but we don;t want them because there is no real reason to have them.

A mini series ranging from 5 to 10 episodes about Noatak before he became Amon. Show how he lived on his own after abandoning his family. The perils he had to face on his own. How he inexperienced inequality first hand. Delve deeper into how he truly associated bending with evil. Show him meeting the Lieutenant. Show them being friends, planning for a better future, gathering followers. Show Amon trying to do good without his bending before a series of events leads him to become a hypocrite and use them.
There's potential for something good here.

amon never believed the shit he was selling, he just wanted power

This is a good ship.

I´m pretty sure Tarlokk said he did, to a certain degree. He truly believed in equality, but then he went a dark path that led to megalomania.

For a spin off I would retcon that whole bullshit about the avatar lines ending, fuck i hate the "and thn magic stops working so no sequel. The end." Horse shit. You faggots get so fucking worked up over an interdimensional lesbian vacation when that was the real fucking bullshit.

would have preferred Zuko x Aang desu

A giant drill is cool while still fitting well into the avatar world, a giant robot just seems stupid

Becoming a huge manifestation of the spirit you're merged with and destroying everything is awesome, a giant you is just silly.

This one's mostly due to the fact most shippers in the fandom are female, so the first one is a lot more attractive to thrm than the second.

I watched TLA recently with my 49 year old father and he loved it. He said Azula was his favorite and that she'd fit right in with the cast of GoT

Why is your sister so hungry for my dick?

This is canon but my Bolin x Eska went up in smoke. Shitty ass show.

Why is my sister's dick so hungry for you?

Korra tried to present itself as a more mature show for older fans. If these elements would've been in airbender, it would have fit because it was a silly show and they were aware of it

Because Eska was abusive

Because all the inbreeding in your family caused mutations

I would have preferred a proper diesel punk superweapon like a landcruiser
the Railway cannon prototype actually looks more like a ridiculous 1930s era weapon than the mech ended up like
if they had really wanted a mech, short squat legs, a central cannon instead of an arm-mount, covered head to toe in smaller weapon mounts for self defence, and tons of exterior railing to make it look like a huge plodding landfortress like many ostentatious wunderwaffle of the time
they live in the only period in time when using a tank like the baneblade is possible and they went with a more sleek and modern design

So want you are telling me is that Korra decided most of the original plots but with worse characters and half the budget?
And you wonder why it sucks so much?

what the ever loving fuck

I only watched up to season 2.

What the FUCK is that Iron Giant bullshit?

Zuko and Aang could have ended up fucking each other in the ass and it still would have made more sense than Korra and Asami

youre right OP but Sup Forums will never admit it was wrong

You can be mature but still have out there shit. Just look at Watchmen.

>Making a spin off
I didn't like a single character in the show except for the comedic relief/villain and you can't make a spin off based on a comic relief
So yeah I wouldn't, that's a bad idea

the drill looked pretty appropriate to the steampunk aesthethic, but the giant robot did not look very diesel punk

I would have loved the giant robot if it was based it looked more like a giant smoke spewing land fortress like