K's Adventures 2049

Watched it for the second time today.
It hit me that while during the first viewing it seemed to me like Joi was completely autonomous you can see the ropes of her programming in her actions. I still think that she's not just well-scripted companion hologirl, but also an AI that actually went beyond its programming and had a personality of its own (in comparison to the dead-eyed pink giantess Joi).
Also Luv is much more compelling character the second time. There's a strong emphasis on feminity and women, the whole feminist outrage at this movie is fucking absurd. Also Jared Leto is much more nuanced than I thought the first time.
The resistance scene still sucks though, and I still don't know what happened to the dog.
9,98/10 movie

Wheres the discussion's?

it sucks that I am married with
kids now because I would have enjoyed it much more when I was single and unemployed

K just liked qt traditionalish girls so it became that.
What did you mean by Jared Leto's character being more nuanced?

How many times have you seen this epic kino bros? I've gone 67 times now, and wore my favorite fedora to today's screening.

I had so many feels when muh 2D wiafu died that i inhaled some cheeto dust and choked for few seconds, but luckily mommy gave me the Heimlich. 10/10 kino experience.

>What did you mean by Jared Leto's character being more nuanced?
First time around I thought he was just a 2d crazy villain, but on the second viewing he come across more driven than crazy. Also that replicant he stabs may well enough survive, and on the first viewing I thought she ded.

And on the first viewing I thought it ended on K laying on the stairs.

You sat through that boring 3 hour movie a second time? You deserve an award of some type mate.

Well I'm enjoying this movie so I guess I got rewarded, lol.

>And on the first viewing I thought it ended on K laying on the stairs.
would have preferred that ending tbqh

is the drone that blew up Deckard's car in Vegas the same drone that Luv used to lunch missiles at all the junkyard bandits? It seems to be one that attaches to a spinner, like K's little drone

No, the missiles are pretty long. The drone that dropped them must've been massive.

there was a feminist outrage ?

this thing was pretty neat

i dunno, the missiles could easily be 4-5 feet long. It was a pretty big drone from what I remember, seeing it in Las Vegas

Did K's drone have a weapon on it?

Nailed it Op. can't say I sti fully believe the rebel lady about k not being the kid

All the characters seemed more fleshed out as you said. Especially luv and even Wallace. Why are people surprised Leto acted like a crazy maglomaniac when that's what he's portraying. Also felt really bad for Luv and pretty much most female K interacted with

As for joi she developed no differently than any human would, minus the physical body. He was created to please and love him just as humans are Created to fill a biological function however both developed over time in ways that deviated from their original function

When is there not

BASED DEAKINS
BASED GOOSE
BASED FEELS LE HUMAN BEAN XD NEON 80S LOL! KINO KINO KINO

Why does no one use small displays like tablets or phones in BR2049? K asked his drone to take photos of Sapper's place and when he was looking at the photos he was holding actual printouts, but they looked to be holographic or something. Does everyone just use small / disposable holograms instead of carrying around screens in the Blade Runner future? Or do they have a cell phone like thing in their pocket that displays hologram screens around them like the emanator?

I don't think it does, pretty sure it kamikazed the first patrol car over the sea wall. While joe car shot the other two

Also I never noticed the flashbacks until someone mentioned it after time 3 it do bug me more than it should

I've heard a few people say this and I think it would have been a mistake. You needed Stelline looking at the holographic snow afterward. That's what the movie's all about.

Good post OP I agree

fuck off shill.

8/10 I laffed

you're still a faggot tho

summoning luv poster

My favourite catch from a second viewing was when Mackenzie Davis' character remarks "it's from the dream" when inspecting the wooden horse, suggesting that she has the same implanted memory as K. It basically tells the audience early on that K is not the child.

I think cutting to the girl with the holo snow is great, but it should have end at that with a her voice over leading into the credits. Deckard pressing his hand against the glass refocused the story on him and away from K.

Wrong, she said 'It's from a tree'.

>but also an AI that actually went beyond its programming and had a personality of its own

Nah. She is meant to be very convincing, but at the end with the giantess Joi its pretty obvious you are supposed to see that Joi was fake the whole time. That is what K understand in that moment.

>but at the end with the giantess Joi its pretty obvious you are supposed to see that Joi was fake the whole time
But the scene right before that is Deckard rejecting a copy of Rachel, why because she's not the same. Then we get a sort of transition from Deckard to Joe, and Joe does the same thing

Because it was never about him, he's just another Joe.

He was never the chosen one, but the story was very much his.

This