The Kamandi Challenge #1 STORYTIME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1hcjcSQvkc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didio and Giffen's third time, hope they land it

>eyeballs growing out of eyeballs
Gross.

I am so fucking hyped for the Giffen/Rude issue of this.

Why do sentient mutant animal people always latch on to the nukes?

That's a cool ass tank

I'm kinda disappointed that it's not the Hall of Justice.

How does he know that's a Jackdaw?

YOU DAMN STUPID ANIMALS

HA HA !

SEE YA NEXT TIME

CREATIVE TEAM: PETER J. TOMASI & NEAL ADAMS

SEE YOU THEN!

He went to robot school man.

so this is didio's excuse to why he rejected paul pope's pitch in a rude way

i was reading this thinking, man it must take so much to coordinate all the writers and artists to tell the story and then i remembered the point was to keep doing cliffhangers and wild stuff

This seems more like a bullshit excuse

>rover and kirby
Ha.

That was 8 years ago

you're right, I wonder how many pitches have been rejected since then
I know Busiek did one

Bump

Thanks

Kek, I thought Ellis was writing Kamandi for a second. I feel much better, now.
Thanks OP

God damn this is fun. More people should be reading this. Please don't flop.

I really like how Didio would've continued his story. Gonna be really interesting to see all the differences between what the first writers planned and how the next writers actually solve it.

>To be continue in the very next page
I laughted.

>Robot Jack Kirby beating up a rat man

Off to a great start

>I need to complete this The Kamandi Challende or else I really will be Kamandi: The last boy on earth (tm) created by Jack Kirby.

That symbol... is it Brother Eye?

Probably.
In the original Kamandi, it was retconned that his grandad was Buddy Blank.
And the portal that Kamandi's granma here looked like the representation of Brother Eye that Didio and Giffen used for their OMAC series.

Whoa.

>I CAN SI~NG!

>PRINCE TUFAN! PRINCE TUFAN!

Have you ever seen a rocket like that up close

Anybody else kind of wish DC finished collecting the original Kamandi past where Kirby left the book? It feels wierd owning two omnibus' with the ending relatively close.

Before I dig in and read, is this a totally new take on Kamandi, or does it follow up after any previous stories?

Seems to be totally new (but there could always be some kind of twist)

New take

Cool. I've had the two omibus sitting around since they came out, but I'm retarded and haven't gotten to them. So I can knock this out quick and not feel too guilty.

Side question: Is DiDio and Giffen's OMAC canon to this? This thread makes me think there's an implication of that.

There's a slight visual implication in Didio and Giffen's prologue...but that could just be because they worked on it haha.

I'd love it though.

>NEAL ADAMS
Fuck Yeah

>Grandma Iris

Gee, I wonder what her connection to Brother Eye could be.

bump

Yeah, OMAC is obviously implicated here

Tom King's story is going to feature the Atomic Knights, mark my words.

Anyone else finds this comic... oddly arousing?

You might be a furry, bro.

doesn't matter if it will flop. This is DC's tribute to 100 years of King Kirby. While of course Marvel is another fucking shitty event and variants.

Anyone feel like this is gonna be canon to Jack Kirby-verse of Multiversity?

get out you furry freak.

I know they'll at least put out all of this. But I was hoping that if it did well enough maybe we'd actually get an on-going.

Cheers

So Kamandi was educated in virtual reality and has a grandmother named Iris.

This is all sounding very familiar...

All he lacks is the super speed and the lack of attention.

Is it because he never wears a shirt.

The one that dies in the very first Kirby issue?

youtube.com/watch?v=c1hcjcSQvkc

Based Didio giving an interview
>Creative Team was picked out of a hat
>Palmiotti and Conner still gets paired

Yes.
Poor Buddy.

>That Rockafort cover

NHHHHHGGHHH

no all creative teams got picked out of a hat besides one

bumping

Bump, pretty good read

Oh man I really like this. For any fan of superhero comics who knows all the creators and their quirks, this is super great. Getting to see what they come up with and how they deal with different situations. I'm so glad this exists!

There wasn't really any animosity as confirmed by Pope in his interview with Newsarama. They really just didn't want people to write Kamandi.

>"At the time, Kamandi was sort of a guarded character. Pretty much everybody wanted to work on Kamandi. And they told me that the marketing structure, which I can now see from working with Macmillan and First Second, you know, you have to know your audience, and they basically said, “you know, the marketing’s not in place for the audience you’re thinking of aiming this project toward.”

>They said, “For us, when we think of all-ages comics, we think of these licensed comics, we have Scooby-Doo and Space Ghost and Bugs Bunny.”

>To me, it was sort of like this realization that it would be very difficult to have this kind of project unfold successfully– and this conversation goes back to 2005 or so, so this is before “New 52” and new editorial directions and all this other stuff."

>"The closest we came to doing the kind of project I was hoping to do was my Adam Strange story in Wednesday Comics. It has all the elements I wanted, the kind of weird verve of those old comics that I love and aspire toward. I consider that all-ages. And that book did really well.

>So there’s no animosity there. And if you read the transcript, especially a line or two that’s taken out of context of the larger discussion, and just focus on a sarcastic, caustic comment…that comment wasn’t intended to be mean-spirited. It wasn’t me hammering my shoe on the table, “We will bury you!” kind of thing."

>And I just wanted to say that, because I have friends at DC, and I don’t like ad hominem attacks. And I don’t want to get into a sparring match when there’s not going to be a winner, you know?