Making The Shining, Stanley Kubrick announced Eraserhead was his favourite film and showed it to his cast and crew...

>Making The Shining, Stanley Kubrick announced Eraserhead was his favourite film and showed it to his cast and crew, “to put them in the mood”.
Yet The Shining is considered the best horror of all time, not Eraserhead, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmyzYBeGrE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The Shining is considered the best horror of all time

By who?

so according to you when Kubrick took inspiration from Eraserhead while making The Shining, it automatically means Eraserhead is better?
how is that an argument exactly?

No it isn't.
pic unrelated

So is the dude with the funny hair supposed to be the eraser head?

Because Eraserhead was just an inspiration to make a film that happens to be a horror film?
Your point makes no sense. Nolan was inspired by The Wages of Fear and screened it to all of his cast and crew before making Dunkirk, and that film has no corellation with war at all.
Same like Eraserhead is nothing like The Shining in terms of it's narrative, but Kubrick more than likely wanted to achieve the same effect of uneasiness Eraserhead had.

This desu.

Methinks the people saying this aren't hardcore horror fans.

The shining was a clusterfuck and Shelly Duvall was awful. It had some nice cinematography

I wonder if he showed the kid who played Nicholson's son Eraserhead and if he ever recovered from it.

Except no one with an IQ above room temperature considers The Shining to be the best horror movie. I like it but Eraserhead is miles above it.

Millions of people.

said the pedo stephen king

horror is a bottom of the barrel genre anyway.

I think Eraserhead is far, far superior to the shining and it's one of my favorite films ever but in all fairness it's status as a "horror film" is debatable. It's more like dark arthouse that happens to be spooky.

in

The poster for Eraserhead triggers me. At one point I had the same haircut

wife also left and left the/somebody's kid on you?

Yeah well Glen or Glenda isn't the superior film to this just because that's where David Lynch got the idea of the radiator in the room.

I don't often use this word, but this part is haunting. Really hit me first time.

What are other top horror films?

>just because that's where David Lynch got the idea of the radiator in the room.
that's not where he got the idea at all
He literally just got the idea from staring at a radiator and imagining someone living in it

HEAVEN

no horror movie has ever scared me besides the deformed child in Eraserhead, that shit is nightmare fuel.

what's wrong with your faaace

holy shit i don't even like to remember that. Seems I've got LYNCHED again

Eraserhead isn't horror but it's unsettling. Kubrick wanted to replicate the atmosphere. Ambient noises, isolation, bizzare shit going on.

Genre movies in general are bottom of the barrel

youtube.com/watch?v=UmyzYBeGrE8

So whats the story?

Guy meats girl. Girl already got a rapebaby, and tells the guy its his(?)
Then they try to rise up the "child", but the bitch leaves and the guy is left alone with the alien child. so he kills it

is there something else? i totally forgot the end

Name the greatest horror film please

Saw IV

Steve Martin's Father of the Bride

reddit

No but really what's the creative reason for her cheeks being fucked up

YOU ARE TRANSPARENT TO ME

To unsettle you. Make you question it. It worked.

Represents the disgusting amount of times she's probably blown him as to avoid making more mutant alien babies.

this
Eraserhead is a better horror film than most actual horror films.

because audiences are useless

It's been a while since I've watched it, but I THINK the story goes something like

>Henry and Mary accidentally get pregnant.
>They find out the baby is going to be deformed, but have it anyway.
>After a while Mary realizes she can't handle the burden of taking care of the baby so she leaves Henry.
>Henry goes crazy and hurts/kills the baby by opening up the towel
>Ends with Henry committing suicide

Feel free to correct me because I'm sure I messed up somewhere in there. I really need to rewatch it soon.

best lynch film

Its not considered a horror movie.