A bunch of books inside a fucking tree

What happened to the epic space fantasy?

this movie will be shit, screencap this

Not even that many books

You got old.

True, but books? in Star wars? George would have came up with something original. This whole idea looks so dumb and we can already predict what it is. He found out all their beliefs were wrong and that the Force is female.

The more you explore the inner workings and background behind the mysterious and mystical elements of Star Wars the less special they will continue to feel. Ultimately these new films feel so unnecessary and I wish they had just stopped after Jedi. Now we get a new Star Wars every year...I sure can't wait to have Han Solo be ruined as a character by some bloated looking ogre and Ron Howard of all fucking people.

It's already a Porg advertisement movie for a Porg standalone movie.

Can't we turn Porg into some sort of racial slur or insult?

It's really really small print.

Sup Forums is already on it.

Isn't it already offensive to muslims?

WTF I thought Phil Lord and Chris Miller were directing!! Fucking bullshit

Sup Forums doesnt like that meme newfag

lol I wouldnt even be surpirised

>newfag
Only newfags use newfag. Lurk more.

>True, but books?
In due fairness those books look old as hell. Might predate the Amazon Kindle.

Out of all the things you could of criticized about the new Star Wars, why did you choose this?

Only normies use the phrase lurk more.

because he has much freetime

They were fired by Kathleen Kennedy for "creative differencies". Disney immediately launched a smear campaign against them, saying it was too much comedy, Han solo was like Ace Ventura

George (or somebody who worked for him) DID come up with something original, fucking holocrons. I guess they thought that would be too weird for the normies though.

because they just released this photo

>George would have came up with something original
You mean the guy who put a fucking 50's diner in Star Wars? And you're bitching about a couple of books? Fucking prequel apologists I swear to god

>George would have came up with something original.

First time I've laughed today. Thanks for this.

Epic. Simply epic

REY IS THE BEST FORCE USER I'VE EVER KNOWN...!

>illiterate retard hates books

Can't say I'm surprised.

You're not fooling anyone newfag.

welp there goes the only SW movie that had any potential

you have no business making me laugh this hard user

This feels appropriate for the epic space fantasy. There are other things to nitpick, like Hoth 2.0.

It's really unbelievable how stupid Kennedy is. There were justifications for firing both Josh Trank (fucking lol) and Gareth Edwards but Lord & Miller have literally never made a flop

>literally never made a flop

More like never made a good movie.

I can't wait to watch the animated dave filoni directed series about luke's temple and how he went on a journey to get all those books and trained people as padawans, but then some of them betrayed him and became knights of ren. I'd even pay to sign up for disney's streaming service to watch it if it's only available there.

lack of imagination and creativity

>unnecessary
oh you mean all the movies past the ot

WHERE IS THE FUCKING TREE ON THAT SMALL ROCK ISLAND?

Or in the new Disney-verse with super-sith and super-jedi are they gonna use the force to fly to somewhere with a big-ass tree?

The only things other than the film that ever felt like Star Wars to me were Dark Forces 2 & its sequels, Rogue Leader series & KotOR series

It's a mostly awful series

You guys ever played Dark Forces 2? The acting in the cutscenes is actually much better than nu Star Wars and its just a bunch of bit part actors

>mysterious and mystical elements of Star Wars the less special
Like the medichlorians?

>George would have came up with something original.
ORIGINAL =/= GOOD

Nigga pls. You're confusing George's bad writing and outdated cgi and projecting it on everything he did. he did have good design choices, but that's it.

>welp
Kill yourself faggot.

>Shitty grey saggy clothing

>Shitty boring and bland character design

>Not a single alien species from the OT and prequels

>Everything poorer and toned down

>Plastic looking "Armor"

>Almost no lightsabers

>Almost no space fighters in big battles with big ships

>Almost no cool creature, space ship and armor designs

It's like they dont know what made Star Wars successful

>It's a Disney kikes forget Holocrons exist episode

>It's a Disney kikes dont have a fucking clue about Star Wars episode

FUCK

UNORIGINAL == BAD
Disney already lost because they aren't even trying

>that would be too weird for the normies though
Aren't holocrons a well known thing?

Why can't there be a big tree on an island?

>it's a Disney kikes don't care about your wookieepedia EU manchild garbage

Not mentioned in the movies means not known to general audience.

>muh lighthaberth
This is how you spot someone who grew up with the prequels and can't take the nostalgia goggles off

They apparantly tried make it into a Ace Ventura type comedy

>implying these new movies aren't relying 100% on nostalgia by bringing the old cast into a reboot and having everything exactly identical 30 years later as if time stopped

Yeah, and the producers noticed that when 75% was completed... They told them this film doesn't belong to them and some other guys will edit it and eventually reshoot, tweak things up. Beyond 75%, the producer sin't legally allowed to do that, it would be their film.

They use Holocrons heavily in Star Wars Rebels. If they are using books in this, there has to be a very specific reason that we're not clued into yet. But please, call me an asshole for being logical and not "reeeee-ing" my head off.

Sure, but at least it's being nostalgic for the originals, which were actually good

They're using books because it's supposed to be ancient enough that it pre-dates technology. Why is this so hard to understand?

Disneys unoriginal badness is equally as bad as George's original badness.

That's because the producers literally didn't believe the writers. That wasn't even a RLM meme (other than Kasdan writing the script). Before both of them were fired the only reason why the producers showed up to watch dailies was because the writers would not stop trying to tell the producers how bad they were fucking up. Disney signed off on the script that Lord and Miller agreed to turn into a movie. The Producers were not there to okay the changes that Lord and Miller were making. And since every screenwriter under the sun knows that you don't really have a say in what the director does with your film, if they were making this into a pure slap-stick comedy then it was such a massive detour from what the original script that everyone agreed to work from. This is what got them fired. If Lord and Miller were just making little changes then they would have still needed to get acting coaches from Kelly C and the new Jew who is playing the old Jew. That wouldn't have changed, it was upon looking at the dailies that the producers found out what was really going on and they were fired.

Disney, no Lucas, SJWs, forced diversity, Leftist political agendas shoved into the films. Beautiful Luke got old and no beautiful white men took his place - I'm a girl, I'm not watching anything where there isn't anyone for me to fancy.

No. Disney's coporate blandness is mediocre. George's shit is spectacularly and hilariously bad

>I'm a girl
Don't lie

Girls don't care about Star Wars, and they especially don't care about George Lucas being involved or not. Only prequel loving manchildren care about that

To be a fly on the wall in that room.

I don't understand why they thought hiring the directors of the fucking Lego movie to make your Star Wars movie was a good idea in the first place

Because star wars has had high technology for thousands of years.

Corporate blandness is worse than bad; it's boring.

>bitching about Luke teaching rey in a tree

>forgetting that he was trained in a hut in a fucking swamp for half a movie

it's a step up

Apologize right fucking now, Sup Forums.
You know he would've made something better.

I do not know that. Not based on what I already know.

Furthermore
>still watching Star Wars movies

Yeah, I wanna turn back now and turn into a pillar of salt.

no need to even screencap it

its implicit at this point

And this pre-dates that

Luke didn't fight let alone beat anyone in a lightsaber duel before his training. Why does Rey even need training to begin with? Even Luke said it, she's raw power never seen before, she's a fucking stronk womyn, no training needed, that would be sexist

I apologized after TFA came out.

>George's shit is spectacularly and hilariously bad
People would rather see OT nostalgia than shit like "I have the high ground" again. We've been on that ride before and it isn't fun.

Disney likes safe bets. The Lego Movie did absolute gangbusters at the BO.

This is all his fault. He's the one who sold it to Disney.

Better? No. It was funnier though, but only because of how bad it was

>You know he would've made something better.
Objectively wrong. George Lucas, has proven by his track record with not just Star Wars, but Iindy4 and Redtails as well, that he would have made a movie as at least as equally bad as TFA. It might not have been bad for the same reasons, but I can guarantee that it would not have been any better.

Yeah, but TLM and all their other work has not been among the same types of films as Solo is turning out to be. If Lucasfilm wanted a movie like Solo, then why did they hire people who had never made a movie like that before. It'd be like taking a F&F director, who is famous, and asking him to direct a musical. Yeah, he's done good work before, but this is a completely different type of film.

>we're supposed to believe that space travel has been around for 20,000 years in this galaxy but that these books predate the use of holocrons to store info.

K

b-but books are mysterious and primitive

Codices are a good format to store information. You can access info without any power whatsoever

Yes, books are mysterious and primitive and effectively gives off an ancient vibe in service of the story and aren't out of place in the setting of that island. Now go shove your fucking holocrons up your ass

They should probably have been crystals of some kind.
Like you hold them in front of a flame and great knowledge is projected out holographically depending on how you angle it.
Paper Books don't feel very Star Warsy.

All is forgiven if it's revealed Luke wrote them with Porg-blood.

only works if the books fall apart in the hands of rey the moment she touches them because Luke is too much of a cuck to dare reading them. Ala the time machine.
realistically even books a thousand years old left in a damp enviornment such as an island would be rotted. its just retarded all around

We Radagast now

The force prevents them from rotting

t. literal brainlet

It's not less plausable than anything else in Star Wars

Is that a book?

Books will never die. Books can survive an EMP blast, a hard drive crash, digital censorship. There's no better medium for storing information in the long term.

newfag

Stone.

Too hard to record info. Books are the best when you take into account how easy they are to print

TFA wasn't fun you faget marketer. Anyway there's no hype for this new one and the trailer got booed.

It wouldn't be better but at least it would be unintentional comedy because he'd probably put a few bad CGI jar-jar tier characters in the movie

KILL ALL THE JEWISH YOUNGLINGS!!! SIEG PORG!!!

>newfag trying extremely hard to fit in

that's literally what JewJew did after years of talking shit about George, just like the kike snake he is

>People would rather see OT nostalgia than shit like "I have the high ground" again.
No, we don't.

Episode 3 is a fun flick and is filled with epic memes.

Fuck you i will always prefer bad star wars movies than no star wars movies.