American cartoons

>American cartoons
>characters always wear shoes indoors, even while sitting on the bed

The memes are true.

>Wearing shoes indoors

Absolutely disgusting.

Um... I'm wearing shoes right now, and I'm not posting from a phone of laptop.

I'm almost always barefoot indoors.

>not having a mid range pair of leather loafers or at least some fuzzy slippers for house-wear
Wearing shoes indoors doesn't mean you're wearing the same shitty shoes you track through city piss with.

also clearly the model/reference has shoes so the character will be wearing shoes unless the producer decides they want to pay for bare feet. fuck off with that.

Animators don't like to deviate from existing character models because it costs extra time and money.

yeah, especially family guy, some do though

As Told By Ginger was kind of cool in the sense that the characters always had different outfits.

The Simpsons had more character models in the early episodes, one reason for dropping Klasky-Csupo was the high cost of the animation.

>precious loli character
>put her in different outfits

they worked on og seasons?
i would have never knew that without that fucking logo from rugruts.

I've always felt the concern over whether people do or don't wear shoes in their house was very silly. It's as goofy to me as the concern over how you write out dates or the current time. It negatively affects so few people. Even on a purely emotional level it doesn't make sense to me.

Do you personally wear shoes in the house?

I've done both. I've lived in households where everyone takes off their shoes at the door and I've lived in households where nobody gave a shit. My life was exactly the same regardless.

>I've done both.
You're fucking disgusting. I hope your feet rot off and you die in agony. I hope you want to beg for a loved one to end your life, but you have no loved ones left when you do.

>be superior chinaman
>all of my family is very intelligent, very hygienic, and very humble
>invite my white friend over because he said he needed tutoring
>he doesn't knock, opens the door, yells "SUP!", and then stomps his dirty boots onto our clean, pristine carpet

Why are you all such barbarians?

I always just ask or keep them on in someone else's house.

>not wearing flip flops in the house
the fuck is wrong with you, guys?

>my life was exactly the same regardless of whether I had comfortable feet breathing in the open air or locked up my tender toes in sweltering leather-plastic prisons
suuuuure buddy

Buy a door mat you shitter, that's what they're for.
Or quit being such a spastic loser and just tell him to take them off if they're that dirty.

It should be common knowledge.
Shoe is for outside, feet are for indoors.

We are people, not animal. Time to act like it.

>Cartoon characters always wear shoes indoors

Now I can never not notice it, thanks a lot.

>We are people
Apparently not if you can't communicate to others how you feel.

As animals don't have a concept of wearing shoes, surely the act of engineering and wearing shoes makes us more human, rather than less?

>user has tacky-ass garbage on their floor
>tacky-ass garbage that gets steadily dirtier and grosser even if you don't wear your shoes inside
>Instead of superior hardwood
>In addition to tasteful rugs that can be washed at a pittance compared to said tacky-ass garbage
>has the nerve to call others barbarians

>Not wearing shoes in doors.

>Wanting your feet to get all dirty.

Absolutely disgusting.

Yes but only outdoors. Wearing shoes indoors is like pure perversity from the animal perspective. Your house is like one big shoe.

That seems like an arbitrary distinction. You don't think twice about putting shoes on to go outside, and you're not worried about picking up germs because that would clearly be silly. Unless you're eating off of the carpet, what's the difference? Other than some perceived cleanliness issue that doesn't exist?

There's clearly corner cases where you might have stood in dog shit, but that's not enough to justify absolutely no shoes in the house.

It's not our fault that your house is literally a dumpster

While it is true that shoes are not "natural" and entirely a human invention, we must understand that wearing shoes all of the time represents the fundamental problem with the West in regards to how it views nature.

This all stems back to the West's Judeo-Christian ethics, which removes man from nature as a creature of divine rights to rule over Mother Nature. God is a being outside of the natural world, thus in order to get closer to God, one must reject nature itself and our natural appetites. Nature becomes a perverse entity, a distraction from God and one that must be conquered or "civilized" in order to made of service to the Lord.

In the East, we find that nature is something to revere. While the East obviously utilized nature, they also found it to be profoundly beautiful and mystic. It was a source of inspiration for many philosophical schools and religions. As such, the East learned how to create civilizations that kept their ties with nature. That time has since has passed due to the economic revolutions, with most countries in the East adopting a competitive global market economy.

However, the practice of not wearing shoes indoors still is prevalent in Asian households due to the lingering sentimentality that Asians feel towards nature. It allows us to embody the oneness with nature even within a man-made environment. Or because it's hygienic.

Mina is a pretty bottom-grade loli desu.

That's pretty fucking gross dude.

If your shoes are dirty, then you take them off at the front door, hell, in most places there is a bare spot where there isn't any carpet at all for this very scenario. If they are clean, then you just wipe off the bottoms of them anyway on a matt, walk to your friend's room and take off your shoes there.

Holy shit, it isn't that fucking difficult to understand. Besides, if you're usually going to a new person's house then you wear your best footwear, try not to get them dirty beforehand and see what they do when it comes to dealing with footwear. If you see them wearing socks then go shoeless too, but if they're wearing shoes then keep your shoes on.

>^F socks
>Phrase not found
a lot of people around here wear socks in the house
why is this not accepted as the great solution it is?

and it still looked like shit

we always do this in australia seeing as it isnt a muddy shithole

You think the HD animation is better? Fuck no, it's totally lifeless.

I really like the early season animation myself, it has a lot of character and charm to it.

but...tiny shorts!

I just...don't like her character design. She reminds me of some awful 2000s scene girl.

>characters enter their house
>never bother to close the front door

No one really wears shoes indoors.

It would track all the dirt and crud from the outside world into the house.

At best, you have a special pair of shoes for wearing indoors, but they're usually slippers or sandals.

>Walk in the street where animals shit and piss
>Walk shit and piss into your house on the bottoms of your shoes

I bet your floor is like a public toilet's.

She's just experimenting with her looks, user. Cut the kid some slack.

It's safe to assume this came from live action tv, which in turn came from the need for everyone to quickly rush outside in case something dramatic happens, without having to wait for them to put shoes/additional clothes on every time. same reason it's never winter except for christmas specials

>My life was exactly the same regardless.
in one of them your feet smelled bad and were slowly being deformed

oh here we go with the typical blame christianity for everything intellectual
the problem is we dont keep our fucking streets clean of shit you wouldnt want to step on.
nature IS bad, you fucking idiot. it's harmful and tries to kill you. paving over it is step 1 in staying alive. Think of it like being a foreign entity inside a body, all the antibodies are trying to remove you, you have to either struggle constantly or try infecting something dead.
all cultures do this. your precious native americans felled massive amounts of forests to suit their needs.
asians take their shoes off inside because their floors are fucking unwashable straw mats, and their bathrooms are goddamn filthy holes in the ground, y'cunt.
our goddamn messiah came from a country where they did the sensible thing and just wore sandals then washed their feet off at each new house with a bit of water. god told moses to take his sandals off, obviously he never told us to stay separate from nature.

my dad accidentally gave me a fucking complex about bare feet and i wore socks indoors for years as a result. it seems somewhat elegant, but in the end it's never acceptable to habitually wear clothing. No matter the body part in question, it should be kept to a minimum
the two shitty extremes. it looked best in between them.

Shes makin' me feel awful spicy

>either you're barefoot or wearing shoes
Do you not wear socks or something?

How??

>same reason it's never winter except for christmas specials
That's more because they'd have to waste time/money with different background layouts.

When I was younger it was not uncommon for me to alternate between fucking around on my computer and fucking shit up with the other kids outside. So I kept my shoes on a lot.
Now I just wear socks in my home. I don't like the feeling of porcelain-or-whatever floors on my feet.

Not when it's hot inside, no

>tfw fallen arches and never take corrective shoes off

>characters in pool/beach scene always have one piece swimsuits
Honestly, how often do you see any females in this day and age not wear a bikini of some sort?

You really want to see Marge Simpsons's cesarean scar, user? The one that stretches from her goddamn abdomen to her pussy, you sick fuck?

Whoa whoa whoa buddy, settle down there.

I only want to see Maggie in a bikini, no need to jump to weird conclusions

the fuck is with Marge's torso? do these animators even know what a female body looks like?

It's for animation purposes. One piece suits are easier to draw and animate.

See here. Even when they give Marge a bikini, it's drawn as simply as possible to make life easier on the animators.

It's just white people who do that shit, other than Italians

bump

>Tracking dirt, snow, mud, cigarette butts, and dog shit all over your nice clean floor and carpets.

Only savages wear shoes inside.

eh, sometimes one piece swimsuits can be hot
The woman just needs to have the right body type and the right swimsuit

Maybe women who have more of a sleek/otter type of body or a muscular body type

>not having house shoes

I admit, I am really bad at drawing women in a bra/bikini. I cannot get it right, although I can draw bare breasts quite well.

>Not mopping or sweeping your fucking floors
And you call us savages?

yes please user let us all benefit from your extensive knowledge

One piwce swimsuits are my fetish. I like leotard-like stuff in general.

Japan opened my eyes to not wearing shoes indoors. I live in a desert and there's no amount of cleaning you can do to get the sand totally out. Shit's normal here. But now that I've been to other places, I see the benefit.

I don't think I need to be a professional animator to know that women's torsos aren't shaped like that.

I don't like how my feet feel after wearing socks for a long time. Like slippery soft. It bothers me.

It's called an hourglass figure, user.

It's exaggerated because it's a cartoon.

Why does it matter? I don't eat on the floor. I don't lick the floor. I don't do anything with the floor except stand and occasionally sit and in those cases I'm wearing clothes anyway. I wash regularly too, so there's no worry of having crudy feet. Do you not bathe regularly?

FWIW Marge has a much more natural looking shape here. I suspect the animators who did made some deliberate stylistic choice to give her a slightly exaggerated figure.

They're like teddies, but waterproof and tighter

>he doesn't lick the floor

This is a Zombie Simpsons episode (THOH XXI), and one thing you notice about Zombie Simpsons is that they try to really force this "Marge Simpson--Cartoon Sex Symbol" thing on the viewer. The old episodes didn't do that, and it can explain the character design she has there.

So it is an intentional stylistic choice and probably the unfortunate result of a lot of the Simpsons animators nowadays being people who watched the show as kids in the 90s and had the hots for Marge. It amounts to bad fanfiction of a sort.

>living in a 3rd world country where you are constantly walking on dirt, mud, cigarette butts, and dog shit

>never discuss religion
>never discuss politics
>never discuss wearing shoes indoors

If you watch newer Scooby Doo stuff, it's also pretty obvious that the production team consists of people who had the hots for Velma as a kid.

>slipping and falling is a "great solution"

Me no speak taco.

Also, never bring up the pop vs. soda debate.

And NEVER bring this up.

>Also, never bring up the pop vs. soda debate
When I was a kid I caddied at this championship golf course. It was a job. I didn't love it or hate it. It was just something to earn some money because I was too young to get a better job. Anyway, unlike most of the people I knew I always said soda instead of pop. One of my co-workers asked why I said soda and I was like "Because that's what it is." And it sorta escalated until he said "Oh yeah. Well if you're so big why don't you prove it?!" And I was like "okay." I had no idea what I was gonna do. I simply looked at the ground until I found a bottle of Code Red. I picked it up and proceeded to huck it into the middle of the busy street nearby. While it's flying by it sails through the open window of a conversion van and just explodes all over the driver. The guy pumps the brakes hard and then yells "HEY! WHO THE FUCK THREW THE SODA!?" and I just turned to my co-worker, shrugged and said "Told ya." and then ran away. I was later fired for a completely different reason involving a microcassette recorder and calling the police.

wait why is she naked?

She has a swimsuit.

she has swim briefs, she's just topless because Americans are the only weirdos that put bikinis on little girls with no tits

Les Sisters is inconsistent with this; sometimes the small sister wears a top at the beach and sometimes she doesn't.

>Americlaps wearing clothes inside
I guess it's to contain all your lard?

might depend on what artist is doing it

/thread

At what age do they wear bikinis?

That's because the infamous Klasky Csupo robot face first appeared in 1998, about 6 years after they switched to Film Roman (and if your're wondering why Season 3, the season that aired concurrently to Season 1 of Rugrats, didn't have the early 90s Klasky Csupo logo, it's because they're just credited in the credits and didn't need their own logo, mainly due to The Simpsons not being their show).

Whenever they get tits, so usually around 11 but sometimes earlier depending on how early the girl develops.

Glad Nick ditched those guys anyway.