This is basically just a two hour anti-drug PSA. It's silly propaganda

This is basically just a two hour anti-drug PSA. It's silly propaganda

Other urls found in this thread:

exiledonline.com/david-foster-wallace-portrait-of-an-infinitely-limited-mind/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. junkie

I think the best part is warning against the over the counter drugs the mom gets. So many people get hooked on unnecessary opioids.

I got a shitload of oxycodone prescribed to me after i got my testicle surgery, even though i was in no pain at all.

>can't enjoy a film he doesn't agree with
Brain-let

Unironically the only good part of this flick is the ass to ass part

>PSA
you mean A2A?

exiledonline.com/david-foster-wallace-portrait-of-an-infinitely-limited-mind/

The writer only briefly mentions requiem but imo it's a great takedown of the original shitty book

Plus aronofksy is a massive hack, a genuine edgy fucking moron who can make a decent film if he directly steals (black swan = perfect blue)

Calling it propaganda is an aesthetic complaint, not a complaint about the content of the story. Something can portray drugs as evil and still not come across as propaganda.

Thanks for posting that, that was a great read. But I don't buy the point he makes about how addiction is inherently racial. Heroin in particular is as big among poor hoodrats as it is among rich white artists.

its not anti drug.

its addiction generally.

Well looks like it didn't work since every american teen saw that movie, and the US is still full of crack whores. Fucking mericans have some serious issues with drugs.

I'm the only one who got mad with Jennifer Connelly blowing that old nigger?

>Fucking mericans have some serious issues with drugs.
As opposed to Europeans? Western Europe was the absolute center of heroin addiction in the 90s.

i remember the first time I saw this after reading about how great it was and what a masterpiece

that's when I realized aronofsky is a hack and the vast majority of people are plebs

I fucking hate drug """culture""" advocates. That means I hate you, op.

30 years ago, and nowhere near your level. Theres a reason why south america is narco land. You fatass need your daily dose.

>That yellow tint in the corner of the eyes
Is that... Jaundice?

The biggest problem right now is legal opioids, which aren't supplied to South American drug cartels. Also, heroin addicts aren't typically fat.

...No you hypochondriac idiot. Everyone's eyes has a little slight tint of yellow in the corner, especially if you sit in front of a computer a lot.

ASS2ASS pretty much nails home what type of movie it wants to be.

so who got off easier the black guy or the girl?

>Calling it propaganda is an aesthetic complaint
No, calling it propaganda is brainletism par excellence.

Jennifer Connelly did not want to do the ass to ass scene.
Aronovsky talked her into it by telling her it was a crucial scene and absolutely necessary to remain true to the Hubert Selbey novel that the film was based upon.
No such scene exists in the book.

I was really drunk and high when I watched this.

I still get really drunk and high to this day so nyeh.

Reminder
>black guy is called tyrone
>deals drugs
>goes to jail twice

Heroin comes from Asia, south America is cocaine all the way down.

Tyrone
It's her choice to sell her body for expensive drugs, he's stuck in prison and has withdrawal.

oops I meant other way around

its about the ego, the drugs are just along for the ride. it's very kabbalah/luciferian in its message.

these people get so wrapped up in the "stories" of their lives...

>i'm going to get a come-up and become a drug kingpin and retire
>i'm going to live happily ever after with my man
>i'm going to be on TELEVISION!

and they are in turn destroyed because they can't take 1 second to objectively look at their decisions and how fucked they are. new york city is practically overflowing with these kinds of people, but LA is definitely their capital.

>over the counter drugs
OTC means you can buy it from a drugstore without a prescription. Amphetamines are not OTC.

Nope, turns out you're brainlet. Aronofskiii enjoyed filming this pap so much that he went on to literally direct 4 anti-drug PSAs for a local government. The original book us literal propaganda and aronofsky is certainly not smart enough to subvert it in any meaningful way. The fact you can watch this film and at no point spot this, makes you brainlet par excellance

Drugs are such a waste. Tolerance for drug use is one of the reasons I loathe libertarians.

It portrays drugs and addiction in a very exaggerated, cartoonish manner, all while showering the viewer in endless amounts of forced drama.
It's just isn't that good of a flick in general. Doesn't do shit except for trying to play on emotions.

And ? Worked well on me, never touched hard drugs

Now watch Demme's Blow and attempt to find a single instance of a police officer behaving any less than perfectly professionally.
You are now aware that Requiem, Blow, and even Trainspotting are actually examples of Copaganda, a dramatic rethink of the Dragnet concept. Obscenity and violence is brought in both for shock value and street cred, but there is an unmistakeable and consistent message about the worthlessness and misery of drug users, and the correctness of "squares." Cf Blood In, Blood Out.

btfo

>It was an just an anti-drug PSA they said
>It was just propaganda they said
Now I'm here on my hands an knees doing Ash 2 Ash

>Aronofsky convinced Jennifer Connelly to do perverted things on camera through brazen lying
What the -- what is this feeling -- am I -- admiring Aronofsky?

Interesting, 'cause I saw this movie only once and remember it being a film about human vices and the downward spiral that it sends people to. But of course, you can be 13 and incapable of analysing art past its first and most obvious layer.

Also look at Fincher's Traffic, adding the brief and wierdly forced aside about drugs in The Limey. Isn't it odd that these movies would be so darned square? Any independent research into the drug war usually starts and always finds massive police corruption, but not in Hollywood.
But it's not like the government ever inserted itself into children's cartoons and mandated anti-drug propaganda.

>tfw my life is so empty this just made me want to do drugs cause then at least something would happen

the best storyline isn't even about drugs, also the presentation is really good throughout the movie. me and most of my stoner buddies like it just fine.

They may as well be given how easily they're handed out. Same goes for opiates, especially in the US.

you're all wrong, this was obviously top level satire, laughed my ass off the entire time

If you are this passionate about the wonders of recreational drug use, I've got bad news for you.

it's even funnier to watch these people destroy themselves irl, because the drugs are telling them they're awesome the whole time but to the rest of the world they look like they're wasting away. that's why people on these drugs are such cocky assholes even when they have nothing to show for it.

what's not funny is the negative effect this has on their families, who usually end up footing the bill for parole, court costs, jail stuff like phone calls and commissary (which are all marked up to hell by private corps for a long time now), and then probation fees. now add kids to the mix: little brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. some see what's really going on and they grow up good, having seen the worst example, but a lot of them end up the same way because it's all they know.

the movie doesn't get into this because like i said: it's not so much about the reality as it is about delivering kabbalah via film as a medium.

it's all this director does.

Following the story and day to day life of this guy leading up to the main event would have been vastly more interesting than what was actually in the movie.