What's some smart, beautiful arthouse kino? Bergman, Rohmer, Pialat, Lee Chang-dong, Malick, Varda, directors like this...

What's some smart, beautiful arthouse kino? Bergman, Rohmer, Pialat, Lee Chang-dong, Malick, Varda, directors like this. Pretty European girls walking around in city traffic. Long takes and melancholic silence. Naturalistic acting. Aesthetic lighting. Cigarettes and philosophy.

You niggers know what I'm talking about, fuckin' hit me boys.

Bump

>crossing the road diagonally
daft cunt

Sup Forums showed me Masculine Feminine
I don't know if you already named its director or anything about the film in retrospect

Eastern Europe says hi :^)

Yeah looks up my alley, Godard owns, keep em coming

Bump

Late Kieslowski.
70's Rivette
Cote d'Orouet

I like this thread and i want to get into art house. What's your biggest recommendation for a pleb like me?

To kill yourself, like almost all the posters of this thread.

>girls walking around in city traffic
Jesus christ, you can tell from the choice of words alone how ignorant the guy is.

list some that fit this genre lad
i've seen your jpg and all of rohmer

But ive seen some and there were good moments. Its existential, why do you hate it?

I agree when its bad its pretentious as fuck, but when it's good it's true art my lad.

Vivre sa Vie
Seventh Seal
Wild Strawberries
Cleo from 5 to 7
A Nos Amours
Three Colors Blue

I don't have anything against the movies.

Il Deserto Rosso
Le Reyvon Vert
Christiane F

Pialat is good (A Nos Amours), so's Varda (Cleo de 5 a 7, Sans toit ni loi). Theo Angelopoulous if you like ponderous existential Greek cinema (Eternity and a Day, Ulysses' Gaze)

Chang lee-dong is a master of naturalistic Korean cinema (Poetry, Secret Sunshine)

Elevator to the gallows. Also Walkabout could be of your liking

I really like arthouse muses walking around French cities looking sad and existential after a kino scene with like their cold and detached lovers or something, sue me nigger

thank you guys. i will be watching at least 2 of those movies in this weekend.

Picnic at Hanging Rock

la dolce vita
i knew her well
suzannes career
jules and jim
sils st maria
fox and his friends and early fassbinder

Nice, I got I knew her well and Jules et Jim on the backlist. I knew her well looks like an Italian vivre sa vie. I can tell you are a man of discerning taste such as myself *tips*

Don't watch this! The 13 year old girl gets her tits out.

all of Sup Forums will watch it now

them crazy french

Have you seen Batman V Superman?

epic post