Squareeninx x Marvel Avengers Game announced

twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/824633005842984962

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikeklimo/status/659427006174638080
rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/
twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/791121896100208640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's about damn time Marvel got into the AAA game business after years of pay-to-win mobile shit.

AAA garbage is even worse than mobile shit

yawn, let me know when there is gameplay footage

You're a retard if you think that. Mobile shit is all shovelware.

its gonna be "delayed twice to coincide with the Avengers Infinity War movie in 2020. The game will look like shit and play like shit. Screencap this.

It's pretty much the same shit, but with AAA trash you need to pay $60 upfront to be scammed down in the line.

At least it's not Kingdom Shit.

This is a part of the gaming universe of Marvel is trying to build right?

I think Spidey PS4 is in the same universe as well.

What Gaming universe? This is the first I hear of this.

There's no Infinity War movie coming out in 2020, you actual retard.

>Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

>A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

>The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

Official PR:

>Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

>A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

>The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

So AAA shit

>Annoucement of an announcement that's coming a year from now
amazing

>Standard AAA Game Teaser
>Most Likely MCU Based

So reassembled storyline or some far future shit?

What's a good game then, if all AAA games are shit?

>Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come

Marvel teams-up with Capcom and Square Enix, DC teams up with... NetherRealm studios, kek.

Being a DC fan is suffering.

>Featuring a completely original story,
Good. I'd much rather this.

Marvel has been doing mobile shit only for years user

Y'all were living the good life

For Sup Forums people here, this most all but confirms that Deus Ex is dead for a few years.

Sorry.

Its been ages since we've had a good Marvel Game that isnt Lego or MvC related though.

At the very least on DC's side we've had the Batman games.

AA games.

Mid sized games that are not AAA blockbusters nor indie shit. Think of Vanillaware, Platinum games, sega, some capcom games.

You had the Arkham games while Marvel was pumping out mobile shit, bout time the pendulum swung back at us.

Yeah, its like DC never got any acclaimed series of games with Warner games like I dont know Arkham Series or Lego Batman...

So name some titles. Right now you're throwing out buzzwords and game developer names, not exactly defining what games you think are good.

>Arkham
>good

>it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come

Sounds like a mobage/MMO hybrid.

nah multi-game means MVGU

>WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

>More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.
/thread
Literally nothing to talk about. Just forget this announcement ever happened.

just forget that Marvel announced they're gonna dominate video games the way they dominated movies, tv, and comics? are you insane?!

Literally all vanillaware games. If I have to list them, you are a pleb. Platinum games like w101, bayonetta, etc. Capcom low budget games like MH on 3ds, dragon dogma. A shit ton of atlus games.

If its AAA is probably shit. I cant think of more than 3 good AAA titles this genereation. While I could easily recommend you 20 or 30 AA games.

Better than whatever crystal dynamics will do with Marvel sure. Tomb Raider reboot is shit

So, weeb shit. Okay, cool. I was wondering where your argument was going to end, and now I know. Thanks.

Also, calling Monster Hunter low budget is hilarious. You must think you're the only special snowflake who knows about Capcom's amazing, perfect title. That they rehash every year. But with new hat!

>are you insane?!
>shaking with excitement for the next 365 days
Are you?

they'll have more at E3

Welp.
Prep for avengers in Kingdom Hearts

Oh cool, another logo!

E3 2018, sure

I'm glad that other user was able to figure out that they were collaborating. Props to him.

It's getting a story DLC soon.

Marvel is not good enough to craft a good AAA game around.

I meant the next game senpai

Eidos Montreal (deus ex fame): Is now on Avengers part time + Shadow of the Tomb Raider + Unknown Marvel project

Crystal Dynamics (tomb raider fame): Is Avengers fulltime.

Square Enix Montreal (mobile game fame): Is making more mobile games.

Literally how is Triple A shit any better?

Deus Ex: Legend of Grimrock?

Spider-Man has potential

I'm sure you said that about the movies too

stay mad dcuck

>I'm sure you said that about the movies too

but that's right

there hasn't been a good Marvel movie.

This is a good joke, considering Marvel's absolute failures on TV and their dying Comics division.

>Hey guys, remember [last good marvel TV show since daredevil season 1]? Yeah, nobody does.

>Hey guys, remember [last good marvel comic run since Hickman's New Avengers]? Yeah. nobody does.

>Hickman's Avengers
>good

I can't tell if you're agreeing or not. Marvel Netflix has been terrible since DDS1 (and even S1 was kind of crappy if you're not into preachy monologues,) and all their actual TV stuff that has to actually get ratings is either cancelled or in the process of being cancelled.

Their comics haven't been good in literal decades, either.

95% of it is reused trash, just like AAA

If Mankind Divided was any indication, it'll be a mercy.

I think I'm drooling.

This will be good. Even if it's bad, the fallout will be good.

Sounds like there'll be a lot of microtransaction/dlc
I just hope that they actually fucking learn something from the shitshow that is their mobile games scene.

The trailer screams MMO

Its classic Square, remember Final Fantasy 15?

>Marvel Heroes license pulled

Didn't get that read, but now that you mention it...
Personally, I was just thinking large group of available characters you could select to put a team together, not unlike X-Men Legends, just from a more on the ground perspective. Guess it could be sort of like a DCU Online thing though. Don't know how much resources SE would want to put onto that, especially considering that they already have their own MMO. Plus, I don't know how well you could pull off an MMO uni with other separate games that'd be set in that universe.

>More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.
So this is 2019 release at the earliest.
Why in the fuck did they announce this already if it's not gonna be out for two more years. Hell, the actual trailers won't be out until another year.
>one guy has been working on the engine for a day, GET HYPE!
Jesus.

>Why in the fuck did they announce this already if it's not gonna be out for two more years. Hell, the actual trailers won't be out until another year.
Did you forget who we're dealing with here?
They're the same fucks that announced the Netflix deal a year before we got anything, and spoiled Cap's "death" in Civil War across national media before comic book stores were even open the first day it could be sold. They are marketing scumbags.

I swear, I hate video game announcements.
>>Hey! This game is coming out!
>>Just wait another two fucking years til it does!
>>Hey! Here comes the first trailer!
>>It has the first few characters you were expecting!

And so on. I mean, the Spider-Man PS4 game was announced back during E3, and we have seen nothing, NOTHING new about it! I hate getting hyped for things that aren't tangible!

I'll get excited when they show us what the game is and how it plays. I'm expecting it to be an Arkham City clone just like how Tomb Raider turned out to be a bunch of Uncharted clones. Nothing wrong with that I love a good clone that brings new stuff to the table.

>I love a good clone that brings new stuff to the table.
What did he mean by this?

>implying rotten tomatoes means anything

twitter.com/mikeklimo/status/659427006174638080

rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

From the director of Strange himself: twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/791121896100208640?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Sounds like Marvel's version of DCUO.

>Crystal Dynamics
OH BOY MORE COVER BASED THIRD PERSON SHOOTERS WITH A MAGICAL "AVENGERS-VISION" THAT HIGHLIGHTS ALL INTERACTABLE OBJECTS
DON'T FORGET THE 50 MICROTRANSACTION DLC FOR MULTIPLAYER AND A "DEFINITIVE EDITION" 2 YEARS LATER WHERE BLACK WIDOW GETS AN EVEN MANLIER JAW, BUT DON'T WORRY THOUGH, NOW THE TREES WILL MOVE WITH THE WIND!
AMAZING
BRAVO MARVEL
BRAVO SQUEENIX

See you in 2018

>say nothing
>REEEEEE why aren't you working on [insert my favorite vidya]? There's literally nothing to play in the next few years!

>announce what you're working on
>REEEEEE why is it so far away?
Blame the autistic and impatient video game players.

>Tomb Raider turned out to be a bunch of Uncharted clones
Poetry!

No, don't tell me what to do

Let us fly Quinjets obviously.

>From the director of Strange himself:
>Proper time to restate that if you use a RT % to assess a film's quality w/o reading chosen, dependable critics, you are doing it wrong.
But that's what I do. I didn't skip Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad because of their scores. I skipped them because the reviews that contributed to those scores similarly complained about many of the same things that made both movies sound like dog shit to me. I'm glad I did to, because when I finally got around to watching both of them they were as bad as I feared they'd be.

Just taking the piss out of you, lad.

>Crystal Dynamics

Move on lads, the game is already doomed.

Square isn't short on announced projects.

Fuck off underage. Marvel games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance/X-Men: Legends, Spider-Man 2, and Ultimate Spider-Man were great.

I wish Raven would make actual games again.

>I was just thinking large group of available characters you could select to put a team together, not unlike X-Men Legends, just from a more on the ground perspective

A third person version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance is what I've been hoping for.

Anons talking out of his ass again.

This gonna delay every else isnt it?

It'll probably even delay Zodiac Age even though it's likely almost done

See
Sup Forums is more autistic than Sup Forums when it comes to videogames

>Rotten Tomatos gave Fembusters 70%

They mean absolutely dick at this point. Also, fuck off Sup Forums.

I guess the Sup Forums thread was too busy complaining about Sup Forums and /tumblr/ boogey man and throwing edgy Sup Forums memes around to actually get autistic about the actual video game.
So nothing new there.

>will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise.
>Featuring a completely original story

Huh? How can both of these be true at once?

Think Marvel Nemesis.

>and literally nothing was shown

It wont be out for at least 3 years so who cares.

Original like Monster Ock
Original like Arkham Knight
"Original".

>DC teams up with... NetherRealm studios, kek.
DC Teams up with Netherrealm, WB Games Montreal, Rocksteady, Turbine (that MMO), and Travellers Tales (Lego).

>Original like Monster Ock
>Original like Arkham Knight
>Comparing Monster Ock to Arkham Knight
You EVER talk shit about her like that again and i'll fucking teleport into your god damn house with my Echabaru Nakamura blade and deliver onto you the death of one million cuts and sheathe it back in before you fall apart so i can flick my leather coat you damn bastard! HMMF, Jerk!

They're still right about Marvel's movie universe being better than DC's

sounds like new heroes, you ready for Champions

Yeah, p much

Thought this too. Really hope not.

Would you rather some Final Fantasy style OCs or existing someone from like Champions (Kamala, Sam, Riri, Cho, etc)