The Man's Director

any other suggestions

I unironically believe this guy is insane

Get some taste, pleb.

Clint Eastwood

Stevie, you are an embarrassment.

All of these desu, and Scorcese

I unironically believe this guy is one of the most important directors of the 21st century. Look at him. He's directed things you wouldn't believe.

>Sup Forums will defend this

>Heat
>Collateral
>thief
>Last of the Mohicans
> Public enemies
Truly the Man(n)'s director

>ignoring Manhunter

truly the goat director

>He didn't name it Mannhunter
Why?

>mfw i came to the realization that bay is actually an auteur

I like Manhunter but I didn't list it because it's not as man(n)ly as the others. The most action is the end shootout in the house

Its correct. Its easy to hate him because of his obnoxious action style but what a shitty excuse to hate a director. They might aswell say Tarantino is shit because his violence is over the top. truth is Tarantino is shit because of his writing

Is meant as a response to:

theres something about that blue filter thats manly as shit desu

Tony Scott

there is literally nothing wrong with that webm.

hey zahler

You do realize that both of his movies have been critically praised and that big actors have wanted to work with him in spite of him being a B movie director, right?

His work is clearly appealing to people, as much as you autistically hate it.

I honestly don't know why his films appeal to me. What a strange director this guy is... wonder what he'd be like with a big budget

I legitimately think he could be the perfect director to do Blood Meridian justice.

>I legitimately think he could be the perfect director to do Blood Meridian justice.
Not at all. His gore is quite fun and splatter oriented (which doesn't apply to Blood Meridian), his movies aren't super visually impressive which would be a shame for BM, and beyond the gore and that he has made a cowboy film he hasn't shown anything that would imply he'd be good for BM. BM is far more than just violent cowboys.

John Milius
>wrote
Dirty Harry
Apocalypse Now
Hunt for Red October
>directed
Conan the Barbarian (one of the most masculine, life-affirming movies ever made)
Red Dawn
>zen anarchist
>unapologetic paleoconservative
>loves surfing
>founded UFC
>badgered Congress into awarding Teddy Roosevelt a Medal of Honor
>pro-gun

Bone Tomahawk didn't have fun gore at all. Brawl on Cell Block 99 was like Zahler doing his best to outdo Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez at their 70s grindhouse retreads, so the gore in that naturally feels very hokey, and deliberately so, but that's the charm.

Bone Tomahawk definitely is a step in that direction, though.

kek, look at this fucking dudes hair. Holy shit.

>
he is literally the worst director.

real talk. not appreciating Bay is very pleb level, and Im not memeing.