/NCSG/ New Capeshit General

Just came back from Thor Redditrok

It was ok I guess

Another shallow Marvel flick. Wasn't really expecting much else honestly.
AMA about the film ITT

How many quips per minute?

roughly 0.7

>not saying it was FUN!
shill fuck off.
I watched it last night. great fun. barrel of laughs. was slapping my knee every 2 minutes.
Fun for all ages, in all honesty.

>:^)

What is its FUN Levels?
I liked the director and I like Thor (the comic book character) but the movie seems too goofy.
is it "Hey folks, this sure is silly ain't" wink at the camera nonsense ?

I think it was a little more than that bud

>Exciting, funny, and above all fun, Thor: Ragnarok is a colorful cosmic adventure that sets a new standard for its franchise -- and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Fun, funny, and most of all: irreverent. Thor: Ragnarok once again shows that the formula still works. Great for the whole family, the newest Marvel Cinematic Universe flick is a prime example of why superhero movies should never stray from the formula.

didn't watch 10/10 lol

It's a Guardians flick with Thor, Hulk, and Valkyrie replacing Quill, Drax, and Gamora

PISS OFF, GHOST!

Lots of jokes/funny slapstick on serious situations.
Some examples would be:
The opening scene is a "I bet you wonder how I got here" kind of monologue from Thor while he's tied in chains inside a hanging cage.
Surtur had to wait for Thor to stop spinning while being hanged from the chains while he does his exposition about Ragnarok.
Banner going splat on the floor before turning into the Huilk in the final battle.

The Matty D reveal was actually pretty fucking great though

>The opening scene is a "I bet you wonder how I got here" kind of monologue from Thor while he's tied in chains inside a hanging cage.
holy shit, this user predicted it?

Was it #LITTY or just regular levels of #FUN and above all, #FUNNY?

its #LITTYFUN

People already forgot about this movie.

sounds exciting, hilarious, and above all fun.

Wait wait WAIT

Is it fun or funny? I honestly can't tell anymore

The trailer predicted it
fuck off

This so much.
Sometimes you just have switch off your brain and enjoy the ride.My entire theater fucking lost their collective shit when Hulk started Loki'ing Thor with the same, exact sequence as in Avengers and Loki became turbo-fucking-hyped about it.

oh ok
I don't remember watching it

yeah its a shame it felt more peter jacksony than it should of

reminds me of when Modern Writers try to do a "silver age" story and make it really tongue in cheek "Boy they sure were stupid back then right?"

Is it #WAARREADY tho?

Overview, without spoilers:
It's 60% comedy, 30% action, 10% drama. Had some really good funny dialogue, but the slapstick kind of fell flat for me. Got predictable after a while. Turns out Chris Hemsworth is actually bretty good at comedy. He gets some of the best lines.
Taika Waititi has a movie-length cameo as some fucking rock monster with a soft-voice and full-blown Kiwi accent. He's the quip machine of the movie. If you like deadpan, ridiculous dialogue, you'll like him.
Hulk is basically 'retard strength' the character. He literally throws about 3 tantrums. Banner is there because Hulk is there. Not much more to say.
Valkyrie is not bad. She's basically a broken-down party bitch, pretty far fallen from her glory days.
Hela was fine. Super hot. Cate Blanchett chewed scenery, but she didn't play as big a part as I thought she would. Plot-wise, yeah she's huge. But she was not in the right movie for her threat levels to shine. That said, she's easily one of the heaviest hitters in the MCU. If they go with Thanos trying to impress her with the Infinity Gems, I'm down for it.
Everyone gets nice little send-offs and there's a lot of progression for the MCU as a whole. There are big changes in the status quo.

Stay for the first after-credits scene, then leave. There's only one afterwards and it's a Jeff Goldblum quip. Utterly irrelevant.

>Valkyrie is niggerwashed.
>Valkyrie is a midget.
>Valkyrie is a dyke.
Fucking dropped. Won't spend a dime on this.

I watched it. 6/10 tops, they really doubled down on the quips. About as mediocre and bland as GotG2, maybe a little worse overall. Really not interesting but yeah, I guess parts of it were fun. Worth a torrent

Nother' Aussie here, I'll add to this.

The fight scenes actually are fucking awesome, they show off Thor's ability to fight, without 500 cuts a second, I really hope they move forward with this type of fighting style in the future.

Way, way less janky than the Civil War '15 cuts in 2 seconds' fight styles. Way more John Wick style.

It's fun, exiting, and above all else, funny.

yeah i felt the same. ive been enjoying these marvel movies less and less.

its funny sure but their like, cheap laughs and everyones funny in the same way.

and shit kept bothering me like, the entire population of asgard fits on 1 ship?

That's a good point. Doing a tonne of greenscreen probably helps with that, Hemsworth only needs to learn the choreography and can just go apeshit.

What did you think of Thor's semi-power up?

that feel when you hate capeshit but your girlfriend loves the hemsworths so you probably have to watch this garbage

tell her to take her friend JaMarcus instead.

I wouldn't go as far drawing parallels to John Wick, but you're right in the sense that it was competently shot and edited. Thor touching down on the bridge at the climax with the director going full Moral Kombat was actually pretty fucking cool.

I remember how fresh and subversive the first Guardians flick felt when it released in '14, but now virtually every capeshit film save for a few has emulated its style since. It's a shame, becuase GotG vol. 1 is so stale now due to this effect.

Is Beta Ray Bill in this at all?

I thought the part with Thor trying to lean on the thing after the Valkyrie shows up to join was the funniest part of the movie, banner going splat was great too.

was it litty though?

have you even watched an average 80s/90s action movie?

He makes a cameo as the final boss around the end of the second act where Thor and company escape from the Grandmaster's planet. It's a very introspective scene, where he's played off as a mirror to Thor inner self, propelling him to question his own road ahead in his revenge against Hela

>He makes a cameo as the final boss around the end of the second act where Thor and company escape from the Grandmaster's planet. It's a very introspective scene, where he's played off as a mirror to Thor inner self, propelling him to question his own road ahead in his revenge against Hela
straight out of the "Thor:Ragnarok Marketing Manual", this post.

It was from stuckmann's review