Literally an unstoppable terminator

WE

OI BOIPUSSED THA COMPRESAH

orphan from desert planet who turns out to be a jedi

fish taco

That's her role in the movie

Ma-REY suuuuuuuUUUUUUEEEEEE

Thats Luke

abandoned child, waiting for the parents to return (s)he cant remember the faces of. A keen idea of technology and practical with tools.

I hate star wars btw

She's confident, she has a bad past. She's looking for something to fight for and believe in. She's very eager and maybe a little naive

That's her role in the movie

>no profession or rule
Dumb fucking faggot piece of shit niggerloving asshat fucking idiot piece of excrement who fell out of his mothers cunt which I fucked last night fuck you

it could be any kin

yes I know, just described the role. Are you stupid?

Mary Sue. Next.

Do you understand what this exercise is about? It's about characterization. For someone to be a good character, they need to have character traits. Their role may explain some traits, but if all you can list is that then they're a bad character

Did you even read what the pic says, you fucking retarded mongoloid fuckwad?

Gods gifted child

you'd have to define what you mean by "role in the movie" first, the way I see it, his role was the protagonist/'chosen one' or whatever the fuck, jedi or orphan weren't really her roles in the movie

the newest hope

Yes they were. That is literally her role in the movie. My god.

This is the only correct answer ITT and I don't even like TFA

A strong independent woman with lots of natural ability and a good eye for technology.

Describe a Star Wars character using only these matches.

She doesn't like it when black men toch her.

>fucking retarded mongoloid fuckwad
fucking hell the amerishart has woke up in the land of free again

If I wasn't at work I would make this amazing shitpost in Photoshop arranging the matches in the shape of R2D2 and get 50 (You)s and a Reddit screencap

youtube.com/watch?v=umziPLpzDGw
Mary Sue

Well if you wanna go down that route
>orphan from desert planet with mysterious past connected to the force who joins the good guys and finds new powers within her
it's dumb fuck exercise honestly and you'd have to take it as a standard for anything

That feminist icon who can do literally anything and dont afraid of no man

>I got called out for being a dumbass, uh oh better deflect so people forget how much of an idiot I am

Mary Sue

>the autistic screeching of an american in the morning

If you weren't such an illiterate retard then maybe he wouldn't have had to adress you accordingly.

Yes, that's her role. And guess what, you're still not describing CHARACTERIZATION. You're just describing what they do. Actions and thoughts stem from character traits.

This is like high school literature tier guys come on it's not that hard

Character traits dumbass. Not facts about where the character is from.

what percentage does that particular face represent?

Only girl we see on Jakku

>Yes, that's her role. And guess what, you're still not describing CHARACTERIZATION. You're just describing what they do.
yeah cause I'm just going by the rules OP set, like I said, it's dumb exercise

coalburner

mary sue

Phasma.

Describe Jakku without describing Tatooine

Dude what the fuck are you on right now. The OP image says to describe the character WITHOUT stating their role in the film. This is a test of characterization. I don't know what point you're trying to prove but it's not a dumb exercise, it's a good test for well-written characters.

It's coarse, rough, and it gets everywhere.

>you have to understand context
>there is literally no context
aight
Then define what "role in the film" means.

Let me go ahead and just end this thread right here.

The point that OP is trying to make is that Rey doesn't have a character; she's a blank shell that just does things for the sake of the plot. And that's partly true. But she does have a few well-defined character traits. lists these out.

But here's the thing. Read those character traits and ask yourself who that sounds like. Luke perhaps? Yes, TFA is a retelling of Star Wars masquerading as a true sequel. It is in fact the worst kind of soft reboot: the one that doesn't state its true intentions upfront. This is why TFA is such a disgusting film. Not because it's bad. But because it's the greatest soft reboot scam in the history of motion pictures that fooled literally billions of people.

Desert planet that has Rey in it.

Even if Rey has character traits it doesn't help Daisy Ridley is awful