Why is the Lady Gaga episode considered the worst episode ever?

Why is the Lady Gaga episode considered the worst episode ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KqFNbCcyFkk
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sneed ‘em

It's literally just 20 minutes of sucking Gaga's dick. No jokes, no plot. Just bending over about how awesome Gaga is.

I actually have a hard time deciding which is worse, this one or "that 90's show".

Sneed

It's the most blatant "THE SIMPSONS MEET " with nothing interesting or creative.

Look past the Ret-cons, and That 90's Show is decently serviceable. Homer being in a Nirvana band is no more absurd than him being in a Barbershop Quartet.

In addition to that it's a Lisa episode

But the reason that 90's show is so bad is that they completely threw away the character history built for Homer and Marge for 19 seasons just so they could make a really shitty Nirvana parody. At least the barbershop quartet episode worked its way into their history.

It's not the worst, this one is.

Why is Bart still white?

>At least the barbershop quartet episode worked its way into their history.

It absolutely DOES NOT. It meant that all these characters who treat each other like strangers were actually very close just a few years ago.

lego episode and the recent game of thrones episode were worse

I honestly can't remember. I watched it once and that was enough.

i unironically liked that episode
you people need to have more fun and less serious in your lives, it's just a fucking cartoon

what the fuck happened to animation?

Family Guy

Everybody wanted cutesier and more abstract characters

The cost went up and cheaper alternatives were found. Wish I could find a cost for how much that cost to make and the manpower necessary to do it.

>that arm spin
original Monkey D. Luffy

>top 10 anime battles

I joke but that is far better animated

It's honestly quite sad to see how far a show that used to be great, not just from personal nostalgia but in terms of quality, writing, jokes, how cameos were handled etc. has fallen. The newer seasons are unwatchable; utter shit. Lisa episodes on top of that are insufferable, as are any and all celebrity appearances.

I hate to turn it political but I feel as though a lot of it genuinely does come from the writers trying to push their liberals world view. Or rather, they're trying to push an actual show through the grating mesh of their world view, so inevitably they end up with a gross mess of an episode.

Baby on board
How I adore

He was white homers kid.

Well la-di-da Ms. Park Avenue Manicured nails.

I thought the episode with Armin Tamzarian is considered the worst has this shit topped it?

Because Lisa wanted to be a bitch no matter what

It was considered the worst back when it aired 17 or so years ago. But The Simpsons has been getting shittier every year since then. Now I'd watch Armin Tanzarian a hundred times before I watch any episode from the last ten seasons.

>liked that shitfest
>posts kino animation
Your post is contradictory

Yeah I'm totally behind on my shitty scale. Oh well.

Is she still acting like a teenage emo brat and claiming all her weird ass stunts are just art that non-art people can't understand?

Reminder that Fat Tony is dead

Not the worst but definitely a watershed moment. Essentially throws out 8 seasons worth of development of this funny, important character, only to do a bizarre switch at the end and pretend it didn't happen. It has never really been as good again, but it is FAR from the showest lowest point.

This Irish guy did an excellent documentary on how the Simpsons died that should tell you all you need to know.

youtu.be/KqFNbCcyFkk

Also, post classic memes

Because it was released before the Boyhood episode and the hivemind was too stronk.

The worst is the principal and the pauper tied maybe with the 90s show episode. Both are epsidoes that rewrite the histories of beloved characters without any laughs. The Lisa one just had gags that fell flat, but didn't shit on the show we love.

The major animation schools in America all teach the students to produce the exact same thing, there's no innovation there anymore. It's like a factory line producing the same animator over and over again. There's also a bigger focus on technical ability than creativity now which has isn't a good thing.

Episodes aside, this is easily the best couch gag

I turned the show off at the intro music sequence. Still never saw the rest.

>tfw you watched this and didn't mind it

BROWNED.COM

Is the video just Dead Homer Society but read aloud?

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

FINDS

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

the black history month episode is the worst because the marge of the past character leaves homer for a nigger

You can't defy the Keit-Ai!

I solved the puzzle guise

Baby, on board
something something

>it meant that all these characters who treat each other like strangers were actually very close just a few years ago.

Just like real life

Interesting reading.

I hate you, fucking nigger. A bunch lf shitty fanmade crap doesn't make it "a thing". Stop posting this shit in every thread like a fucking bot.
By this poimt you are worse than the people posting the copypasta.

Written by doesn't necessarily mean the joke was by him, the teleplay was and then everyone in the staff gets to look over it and suggest ideas. You'll never get anyone to admit who thought of what joke because it goes through so many iterations that it's impossible to remember the nucleus of how it came to be.

The Elon Musk episode was worse on the basis that it was the same celebrity dicksucking bullshit but he can't fucking talk properly.

His voice acting was godawful.

Animation of that quality is incredibly expensive and the old cartoons like that are theatrical shorts where people were actually willing to spend a lot of money so they'd look good. Nowadays people want functional animation for 10-20 minutes a piece so are willing to pay way less for less quality.

It's sad to say but games like Cuphead show that it's not just a case of "talent being unavailable" but just that nobody is willing to pay for good animation.

They don't just do celebrity dick sucking, they do everything dick sucking. Every new fad The Simpsons comes across is treated like the second coming of christ with none of the satire the show was originally knows for. There's 0 bite to the show now.

I'd say the worst episode of The Simpsons is an episode I saw at chance called something like "A Tree Grows in Springfield". The plot was that Homer was depressed for no reason (he actually became depressed after an iPad he was given for free broke) and then becomes un-depressed when he finds the word "hope" written on a tree, but then it turns out he wrote it in his sleep. The story is just so barebones that when coupled with the already incredibly unfunny jokes and poor voice acting, it even makes modern Simpsons look worse.

I'll give a "This episode is clearly just a gimmick" pass to episodes like the Lady Gaga one, but episodes where they attempt to have a pretense for a story only for it to be this thin and poorly written are worse, so in this regard I'd say the Elon Musk episode is worse than the Lady Gaga one.

I wish they would have a contest where fans could write an episode and submit it. The best one gets made.

dam he whip that nigga ass!

Mentioned a popular person who doesn't hate gays.

Troy McClures voice actor was murdered by his crazy wife...

Sneed's world's feed named greatest and seed?

Not really, didn't they poke fun at the fact that Homer's wealth and fame were swept under the rug after the B Sharps disbanded?

A better question is why does an ancestor of Homer look like Marge?

it was a different time user...

Japanese animators can make something just as breathtaking and for 1/8th the budget of the current baka gaijin animations on tv.

Yes.

A lot of unfunny people starting working in entertainment

>It's the most blatant "THE SIMPSONS MEET " with nothing interesting or creative.
this is pretty accurate. it also has the worst IMDb score which might have something to do with the 'consensus'

the flashmob that followed gaga's tweets made me laugh

20 years ago the simpsons warned about the effects of a malibu stacy, now they are advertising her as a role model.

I watched the Futurama crossover out of curiosity's sake and the first second of the intro is literally the only decent joke. The actual episode is pretty much just as bad as the Gaga episode.

Sneed and Chuck did not appear.

>show has 3 Beatles on it
>treats it like a joke that they're even there
>some of the funniest moments on the show
>show gets Lady Gaga
>sucks up to her like she's the hottest shit ever
>worst episode ever
Really makes you think.

Never understood the appeal of Lady Gaga. Everything she did was done by David Bowie 35 years earlier. Except Bowie was a really good musician