Honestly is there any hope for this franchise?

Honestly is there any hope for this franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt6980596/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, prometheus was the second best of the franchise and came out only 5 years ago

No, it's irredeemable like Terminator but people keep going to watch it so Ridley keeps making more movies about it.

>when you actually miss Prometheus after watching Covenant even with Prometeus being the clusterfuck it was

It shouldn't be like that but it is like that fuck dammit Only good thing about Covenant was the ending tho, nobody was likable beside David fuck you Scott

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think Aliens was better than Alien.

Even Prometheus was better than Covenant and there was at least something to discuss and speculate meanwhile Covenant
>So uhhh were those the real engineers Y/N?

Not to mention that group of people who defend Covenant like it was a masterpiece and better than Prometheus when it was actually even shittier.

I just can't fathom what goes on in the minds of these people. Covenant was like three stooges in space.

Lorefags ruined the franchise because they just needed a fucking back story for everything. Make a compelling horror movie with deadly aliens in it; not that fucking hard.

If the next movie is just david unleashing aliens on that huge colony ship, id be happy. The whole engineer arc is fucked anyway.

Alien>Prometheus/Alien3>Covenant>Aliens>>>don't give a shit about the rest

-

Unpopular opinion:

Aliens > Alien > don't give a shit about the rest because it's either meh (Alien3) or shit (everything else)

no one wants that

It was.

this 100%

Honestly is there any hope for OP?

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Alien3 > who even cares at this point

Sup Forums has the worst taste in films I've ever seen. I'd rather flip a coin to decide whether to watch something than see what this place thinks.

How do we get him to do it?

could have had a chance if davids alien would have been different from the one we know and in the final movie the "real" alien rips his knock offs apart

Did you try turning it off and on again?

prometheus and covenant actually could have been decent flicks if they weren't made to be part of a franchise

seems like ridley had an idea that he just retroactively tied into alien for $$$

David came off as a pseud fucking liberal arts college drop out. The ending was good, though. But everything leading up to it was garbage.

Maybe if Ridley Scott dies. Or if they remove him somehow. He's pulling a George Lucas here.

Not with Ridley Scott

There is not going to be a new one. Covenant didnt do very well.

worst part of it is that Ridley didn't get ties together. There's still huge gap but it's clear this old fuck isn't going to make it happen and i don't want to see any more of this shit with white giants who appear to be space neanderthals. Music was great. I have to admit that. Idea for neomorph was cool. And that's it.

>prometheus was the second best of the franchise
LMAO

How can ripley find space jockey in the first movie, when David killed all the engineers in Covenant and perfected the alien after that

Just give him time boys.

It'll all come together eventually.

this

well James Cameron's still alive

>that whole scene after the alien burst out of the guys back
>girl slipping and falling everywhere and ends up shooting the fuel tanks in the ship
The slapstick was pretty good desu

Wrong

Alien>Aliens>>>>>>>>>>>Dogshit>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>Prometheus was 5 years ago already
END ME

People will forget about this shit cyst once blade runner 3 comes out in a year or 2.

That's not even close to unpopular.

Any reason why Covenant didn't have any background music or musical score?

Close
Alien=Aliens>>>>>>>>>>>Dogshit>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>There is not going to be a new one
imdb.com/title/tt6980596/

He only killed the ones on the planet he found, there could be more in space. Furthermore, they never took the suit off it in Alien, it may not even be an Engineer.

It's unpopular here because it's popular, which makes it an unpopular popular opinion.

Side note: Prometheus doesn't deserve the recent reappraisal its gotten. It's definitely not as bad as Covenant and isn't as bad as everyone initially made it out to be, but the writing is so fucking abismal that it ruins everything else.

>tfw still no closer to graduating college than I was when Prometheus came out