TV vs Projector

The ultimate debate. What do you watch your kino on Sup Forums? Which is better? Can we settle this once and for all?

Other urls found in this thread:

ht-old.homestead.com/G90.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most projectors are dogshit so if you're a typical wagecuck like most of Sup Forums, you're better off buying a nice OLED TV than trying to dupe yourself into thinking a projector of the same price is worth it

Projectors are objectively superior in low light environments

do projectors use less power?

No and you gotta replace the bulbs depending on how often you use them

Monitor.

A monitor is a tv

a tv is preferable until you want to get far enough back and can accomodate a 10 ft screen

This but not OLED

I have dedicated cinema room with a projector, 110" screen, blinds for zero light pollution even on summers day and a 7.1 sound system. Screen has a remote control masking for kino aspect ratios. The kicker is it wasn't even that expensive, probably as much as a two mainstream plasma TV's when they were hot shit.

i only watch movies in vr now.

>tfw we only have a choice of various shitty display technologies, while no company will pick up the mantle and begin manufacturing superior SED tvs

better yet manufacturing CRT projectors. fuck Sony G90 was capable of 2500x2000 resolution and deep blacks (electron gun just turned of so OLED levels of black) in 2001 !!

ht-old.homestead.com/G90.html

just look at those specs... yeah, it weight 110 kg and power consumption is 1kW but man I would take one if I could find one...

clever. you don't need a tv licence

>It wasn't even that expensive, literally twice as much as a TV setup
This level of delusion is not healthy

>Power consumption as much as a fucking HVAC unit
No

>have 100" screen for projector
>tvlet says their 50" tv is half as big

probably meant it was about $1400

actually just the projector was cheaper than a TV, sound system (AVR+speakers), HTPC and a screen added the cost. but yeah, it is cheap.

yup, that is very close from what I remember. I built it ten years ago and it is still going strong.

>New 50 inch+ tv costs about 700 dollarydoos
>1080 projector with 3D + homemade screen costs about 800 total

Not a hard choice. Unless you live with your parents or in a tiny closet the choice is pretty obvious.

with LED light sources that shouldn't be and issue in the future

Well in the future everything will be cool and I'll have my holo Joi waifu

I'd settle with cheap quiet 4k projector for now

I prefer to watch films in a kinopod.

wtf is this

a kinopod

yeah, but what it is?

A pod for kino

I watch me kino upside down in a sensory deprivation chamber with the volume muted and only hearing the sound of my own screaming

stop intrigues and live the new, HUG THE FUTURE

whos /phone/ here?