This is the most disappointing film I've seen in recent years...

This is the most disappointing film I've seen in recent years. I usually scoff at the usual hollywood garbage that comes out: the endless sequels, reboots, remakes, and adaptions, etc. You always expect them to be bad or at best mediocre.
I honestly thought they had finally made a good film here with Blade Runner 2049 for a change, and since I really liked the original film I was hoping that would be true. But holy fuck was I wrong. It ended up being just another pointless mediocre film created to take advantage of an IP's name and existing fanbase. Don't they realize that if they actually put the effort into making a good Blade Runner film that it would practically sell itself? From all the threads I've read on here praising it I thought it would at the very least be decent, but it was far from that. Did you guys all watch the film high? Or are the standards for good movies just so low that a film as mediocre as this is considered a masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5FGi-lgoWT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Don't they realize that if they actually put the effort into making a good Blade Runner film that it would practically sell itself?
they made a good blade runner film back in the 80s, it didnt do well at all

you do realize that most of the kids on here who are praising BR2049 have never seen the original or don't even like it, right?

false

only fans of the original really bothered to even go watch it

>he fell for the viral marketing and sony shills

You have only yourself to blame really

While you are right in calling it disappointing, I don't think it's all that bad. It's one of those turn-your-brain-off kind of flicks that are meant to be enjoyed with a nice tub of popcorn.

this

I didn't mean to suggest it's one of the worst films I've ever seen or anything like that. All I was saying is that I expected much more from it, I actually expected it to be GOOD and not just passably MEDIOCRE. Had I went in with no expectations at all I guess I probably wouldn't have even cared to make this thread.

disappointing is putting it mildly

it flat out fucking sucks

>Falling for Sup Forums memes

WEW

Disliking Blade Runner 2049 either makes you:
a) A woman
or
b) Retarded
Out of these two, which is it gonna be?
If you say none, I'm gonna say both

>Breaking Bad fedora masters actually believe this
enjoy your first 6 months of "being into film"

Bro, most people who loved the film(aside from paid shills and reddit crowd) are young males around the ages of 15-23, meaning their film library is pretty scarse, mostly filled with horrible scifi or capeshit that came out in the recent years.
So yeah, most people have pretty low standarts and will like any subpar film and declares the ones slightly above that masterpiece.

I guess normies also dislikes this, maybe that's why, peasant

Imagine writing so much yet saying so little about why you dislike a movie.

Normies didn't dislike it, they didn't even see it

I admire the original film, but I'm not really a fan of it. I feel like it's the ultimate style over substance movie.
Now 2049, on the other hand, has just enough substance to support it's style.

Imagine wasting your time with other shills interpreting a movie in such a way to make yourself like the movie

Well it didn't have as much style as the original and was pretty bland

I know you didn't see the first one.

Is this the most obnoxiously shilled movie in Sup Forums history?
Notice how all the shills praising it endlessly repeat two things:
>''if you don't like it you are a le roastie brainlet normie'' (like someone who's done 5 minutes of research into Sup Forums groupthink)
>endless discussion of repeat viewings and going back to see it in IMAX

Not really.
If you can't see why Sup Forums likes a movie with Gosling and literal waifus you can fuck off right now. And on top of that feminists and race-baiters were very butthurt about the movie

The haters of this movie here are all the same though

>cheetoh
>fedora
>nolan
>imdb core
>reddit

All the same buzzwords without much discussion. Either one butt-hurt spammer or organized SRS raid

This

Another good example is them not knowing Sup Forums like All those buzwords have been part of this board longer than this movie yet they act like its something new.

So you prattled on a lot about saying how you didn’t like the film without saying why you didn’t like the film, OP.

You mean warner shills.

its not that great. far from disappointing but astoundingly good compared to most of the shite you get at a multi-plex

People just got tired of transcapeshits they latched on to anything that wasn't a parade of mindless explosions

>I don't get it, so it's style over substance!

what do you expect from people who praise virtual girlfriends and artificial wombs?

I thought it was a good cinema experience but under any scrutiny the movie falls apart.

>young males around the ages of 15-23

you could not be more wrong. 80% of the audience was 25+ years old

you have no idea what you are talking about and you did not get it. that's fine. however being vocal about being stupid is not the way to go

>gets praised into heaven by Sup Forums
>never seen the original
>"oh bother, might as well go see it anyway"
>7pm showing
>only person in the whole theater (multi screen theater but still)
>had a good time
>movie was kinda confusing but still mostly understandable

It looked and sounded great, but I don't get what makes people say it's a masterpiece. Maybe because I haven't seen the original I can't connect all the dots or whatnot, or maybe I just had unreachable expectations thanks to Sup Forums. Enjoyed it as I said, but a masterpiece?

You just didn't get it, it was supposed to be open ended so I can make up on my own why it's a good movie!

Watch the original, it's pure kino.

it didn't seem open ended at all except for the minutia

Why the fuck would studios waste money on paid shills for a movie that’s not doing that great at the box office and is way past its initial release and chance for hype? Morons can’t accept that a lot of the weird recluses that frequent this board genuinely enjoyed it and not just for memes.

I’ll just say on a side not that the most honest discussion you can have for a movie on this board is within the first week or two. After that all the genuine discussion has been had and people don’t want to repeat themselves so the trolls and the memers come out trying to trigger people that enjoyed it. Never matter what movie it is.

not one argument why the movie sucks. you said three times, it was mediocre. why?
i just saw it in imax. the second time. i just loved the world, the music, the design. most actros were great. ryan played more a robot than a replicant, but it is not bad for me. leto was alright. would love to see bowie as wallace.
the worst thing of the movie i would say was joi. kinda pointless she was there, just an idea, but didnt do any good for the plot. best movie i have seen for years. i want more cyberpunk movies

utterly wrong

Cheetoh and using fedora in that way is something you SRS shills brought from whatever level of hell you came from.
It was never a Sup Forums meme

The plot can be scrutinized but it’s not meant to be what you take from the film. The bigger picture doesn’t matter in the film. It’s the “human” element and character piece at the heart of the film that you’re supposed to get something from which it does excellently for a majority of the main cast.

Fedora in that way came from Sup Forums, Sup Forumsedditor

> genuine discussions

Take your stink and take it back to the worst board

Originally it started on /fa/ making fun of some reddit atheist in their "what did you wear" threads. Don't pretend you were on this board before 2014

Nothing matters in the film

> but under any scrutiny the movie falls apart.

For example...?

Picture related is the /fa/ thing I'm talking about. You go back to Sup Forums and take your pro capeshit sensibilities with you, post bane parasite

The original is better but it's a decent sequel made by a skilled director. it doesn't fall in the obscene cash grab sequel category. BR2 was a risky bet.

lotta fucking autism in this thread including OP

>post bane parasite
Nice projection. You come here from Sup Forums and try to force your awful awful "culture". Get the fuck out parasite

bad soundtrack in most parts, disjointed editing and pacing, the dumbed down plot references, the unoriginal cinematography, unnecessary use of the originals actors. The original was a breakthrough innovation in film making. This one was confined to the traditions of modern cape shit style movie making.

Everything about it
Pointless characters that go no where
Plot lines that have been admitted to not mattering
Poorly designed character arcs
Ineffective climax
Too many ideas that are half developed and dontbsupport each other
No coherent visual style like the original

>projection card
>didn't even know how fedora made its way to Sup Forums
Even better trying to label me as the crossie. Fucking Sup Forumsedditors

Very edgy and contrarian of you, shows you are a complete moron that can only think in cliches and memes

>This one was confined to the traditions of modern cape shit style movie making.

Very slow takes, practical sets and effects are not, no unnecessary quiping and humor and not the hallmarks of superhero movies. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, you just want to say something to look edgy and contrarian.

Objectively wrong terrible, terrible opinions.

the movie uses hahns zimmerman. how much more play it safe could the movie get. Snyder Batman is slow and has practical effects and its still shit.

but you know, (((hollywood))) is just the most gigantic brothel under the sky
and millenials have the IQ of 6 yo
what did you expect?

>JOi was pointless

She was absolutely crucial to K’s development. She’s an external piece of his conscious that is half his driving force for the movie. She exemplifies how he wishes he could be more human, intimate, and emotional. Unfortunetly his profession and nature forces him to stay at “baseline”. She’s his outlet for experiencing some form of connection to being human or having a purpose. When she’s shattered and he confronts the hologram ad version of her his perception of what he thought was real and made him real were shattered. That’s why he goes to save Deckard and bring him to his daughter. He’s craving a connection and a purpose. All the replicants are striving for this than to be more than just a tool.

Why am I explaining this? I should just be shitposting.

You can say I'm wrong all you want but the movie and it's facts are right in front of you, you can try and argue with me but you won't be so much as arguing with me but against the movie

> Snyder Batman is slow and has practical effects and its still shit.

Opinion discarded, I mean holy shit. How fucking stupid can these people who act so above everyone can get

>She was absolutely crucial to K’s development

Who was also pointless

>but the movie and it's facts are right in front of you
Yes I actually saw it and paid attention. You didn't present any arguments just made generalized statements

How do I act above everyone? Because I don't like cape shit?

Has there ever been a more obviously filmed on a soundstage film in recent times? goltzius and the pelican company comes to mind but I'm pretty sure that was intentional

holy fuck look at all the people being baited in this thread

you're pointless

It is a masterpiece compared to modern movies, because hollywood and western cinema in general has been shitting out so much garbage in the last 10 years there's a whole generation of people who has never been exposed to a competent movie ever, and this is a competent movie
Its problem is that it treats its audience like mouthbreathing retards, explaining every minutiae of the movie twice or three times in dialogue, which brings up several issues, such as characters existing only to explain plot or character motivations which could be shown or inferred (Wallace didn't need to be in the movie and neither did Madam, they both only showed up to provide exposition and both were one dimensional characters with no real impact to the plot. Madam shows up every time we see something important happens just to reassure us that yes, what we saw is actually what we thought it was and to establish it in dialogue) and just retarded setups that are forced in the movie to ease retards into understanding what's going on (Wallace's secretary doing everything for him, when he is the richest man of not only earth but ten whole planets, he couldn't even attempt to bribe the police force and he sends her on every single job because otherwise, the average movie goer would be confused on who sent the people who were going after the child.)

And this guy will call you a plebe cheetoh fedora in another thread.

The haters of this movie have been exposed as shallow idiots who like to circlejerk without any discussion just like Sup Forums does, also known as the worst board.

Stop shitting up a decent board and get the fuck out, your "culture" fucking suck and you fucking suck as a human being

tfw my local kinoplex have replaced the imax screening of this with Thor.
Is it still good in normal 2D, no imax? Want to rewatch it but not sure if it'll be worth it now.

Plus, no character in the movie ever acknowledges anything other than the main plot. K never tries to piece together his memories to see if they form any kind of coherent timeline or never wonders about which other memories may be real after the reveal, because the wooden horse memory is the only one that's important to the plot. Plus, the whole premise that in just one year after the original (and thus Tyrell's death) they had limitless replicants being deployed and subsequently decommissioned is fucking retarded and is only brought up so they can have an old Harrison Ford in the movie while keeping the replicant/human mistery; Harrison Ford which I might add is now the father of replicant jesus in an overt old vs new testament metaphor and thus one of the most important people in the galaxy, just because he happened to be in the previous movie.

That's because I'm not arguing and just stating facts about the movie, do you not get that? Maybe you should read my comment a few more times so you fully understand it maybe even read it in IMAX to get its "deeper themes"

>just because he happened to be in the previous movie

No you idiot, it's just because he happened to escape with Rachel, the last and most advanced replicant Tyrell made before he got killed.
Your posts are also filled with other idiocy. You're not fucking smarter than anyone, let alone the people who wrote and made this movie

They’re just trolls on the internet. In real life if people talk like this around people they know people stop talking to or hanging around them. I wonder if they realize that’s why some of them have no friends.

>It is a masterpiece compared to modern movies
t. the guy that only watches capeshit, flavor of the week horror movies and netflix movies

I HATE THIS FILM

Why did you stop replying here Why weren't you on Sup Forums before baneposting and star wars 7?

the Sup Forums parasites reveal once more that they haven't seen the movie, they just like to force their "who can namedrop more obscure shit without having any idea wtf they're talking about" """culture""" on Sup Forums.

>if you don't like this movie you have no friends

How low do you have to sink shill?

Redditors who actually like Villenueve, Nolan and Inarritu don't know anything about good character arcs, half-baked ideas, overt expositions anyway, so this post won't make any sense to them.

Trying to explain why nuBlade Runner is mediocre to a wannabe cinephile is like trying to explain why it's okay to eat meat to a pig. Their pathetic identities require that Blade Runner be good, because they have nothing else in their lives. So if you criticize it, they have to lash out aggressively and immaturely, mostly with insults. Their very existence depends on some trashy sequel being good.

t. Sean Young
You used to be so hot. What happened?

There was no indication that Rachael was the replicant virgin mary in the original, just a slightly different prototype that had fake memory implants, they had to make her and Deckard "epic" and the center of the universe in the new movie because modern audiences can't stomach anything that isn't about the fate of the universe
I never stated I am smarter than anyone, these are just my thoughts on the movie, I called a competent movie before so I don't think it's garbage, but the original respected your intelligence and your ability to process information visually, while this one did not to the point where every single thing has to be established through dialogue right after you witness it
Compared to capeshit and other garbage this is a great movie, yes, I do not think it holds a candle to the original nor do I think it's a good sequel in terms of tone, scale and coherency (again, having replicants who can live 70+ years already be deployed in 2020, i.e. one year after the death of the genious who would maybe make it possible eventually is pure retardation)
I'm sorry this upsets you so much

>Stop shitting up a decent board
>likes Reddit Runner
>thinks Sup Forums is a decent board
You just outed yourself as a retard twice. No wonder someone with fedora taste would call this place a "decent board." loving every laugh

>and the center of the universe in the new movie because modern audiences can't stomach anything that isn't about the fate of the universe
Did you EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE? It was about K , a standard not special replicant.
Goddamn these people that act "patrician" are the dumbest goddamn motherfuckers on the planet

Ok let's get serious here.
It was a soild 8/10. Would be 9/10 if not for the fucking scene with replicants entering the scene from the shadows. I almost walked out of the cinema when it happened.
Very pleasant experience, sound was amazing.

Theres no actual criticism in this post 2/10 good try

>when Sup Forums and /lit/ were best friends with Sup Forums
>authenticity reigned over the board and capeshit was harassed so bad that the Sup Forums posters had to beg the mods to help them
>Sup Forums and Sup Forums scum(you) take over the board
>console war type threads reign over the board, surface level praise, "KINO!KINIO!"
Go ahead and name drop some ebin memes you've picked up from Sup Forumss ed page now and pretend otherwise

You just named 90% of modern western cinema though, I barely watch movies anymore at this point, but yeah it was a hyperbolic statement, there are competent movies being made here and there, but just compare it to how many good movies were coming out per year just in 2005-2007 and you will see a massive drop this past decade
Villeneuve's own Sicario I thought was superior to 2049, and I still consider him a good director since the visuals in 2049 were great, all of my issues are with the script and how overt it is in explaining everything, plus all the asspulls made in order to have the movie be more engaging for add audiences
The movie was clearly going to fail financially from the start so I don't think they really needed to compromise to the degree that they did

No it was about the replicant uprising through out most of the film and then at the last minute turned around and decided that it was about K

Give me actual objective reasons why this movie was bad (and not even at least mediocre) when the story is engaging, the music is extraordinary, and the pacing is appropriate. Even of you ignore all the philosophical stuff and watch it as just a plain sci-fi flick it's still a great watch.
Why do you insist on shitting on something good? Are you being serious or baiting? If it's the latter then you've succeeded cause I actually get triggered by you retards who didn't even watch the fucking movie or are so contrarian that you'll shit on anything that has value to other people. KYS.

>studios paying for shills for a movie that’s already bombed

You know how I know you’re below average?

no

She is in it, she plays the box of bones

quints do not lie.

Its pure Kino

fucking moron
youtube.com/watch?v=5FGi-lgoWT0

>bitching about fate of the universe central plot characters
>isn’t even the point of the film and none of that matters by the end of it

Wooo lad!

>the story is engaging, the music is extraordinary, and the pacing is appropriate.
This is literally high school level "analysis" of something. You've effectively managed to convey that this flick is probably better than Capeshit #485784.

You have no self-awareness. You make the most vague praises possible, and think "Ha! I've proved it's a good movie."

It makes complete sense someone who likes an utterly mediocre director like Villeneuve would think these statements are adequate to even respond to seriously.

>DUDE THE COLORS WERE PRETTY AND THE STORY WASN'T COMPLETELY CAPESHIT TIER: LITERAL KINO YE GODS

It's literally better than the first film

Fucking based.